Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

so... Neil In now then?

Wins against Derby and Wolves confirmed he would be here for the season

His career here will Now depend on reaching the playoffs, which I think we will do

Yep I expect if theres going to be a change itl happen in the summer depending on where we end up, but I agree with the sentiment of the OP, looks like another rubbish transfer window and the "we go with what we have" line being trotted out once more.

The true test will be wherever we can stand up to teams that want to bully us. Neil hasn''t been able to rally the side when adversity and physicality have confronted us.

Hopefully if the players now have the sniff of the chase in their nostrils (and with a couple of fresh faces on Tuesday) we could well do it ... wherever that''ll be in spite of or due to Neil will always be debated whilst we possess the talented collection of individuals that we do.

Word perfect CC.

We have been informed by the powers that be that Alex Neil is safely ensconced.

Let''s hope we scrap, scrape into the play-offs to justify this (blind) faith.

I''d say we have a good shout at the play offs still....

What an odd situation we could be in if we were to win them off the back of a seasons where he nearly lost the entire crowd. Would that win people back? Who''s to say. I''m gut feeling is we make them but we won''t go up.. not quite the same grit as last time, but happy to be proved wrong.

I think he is effectively safe untill next season now... barring us losing every game between now and the end of the season.

At least with recent two failed transfers, we can be happy with the "we trawled all over Europe to find quality players!" sentiment again lol

In the last 12 months we''ve brought in Klose from Germany, Pinto from Croatia and Oliveira from Portugal.

All the actual evidence shows that we are scouring Europe to find players. But hey ho - we live in a Trump esqu era of fake news and alternative facts now don''t we.

It''s become an irrelevant question for me now. He''s here to stay and getting performances out of the squad.

Lincoln, we have just got to get CR rocking again. The players did really well today yet it still felt a bit flat, to say the least.

Who might turn out to be a flop.

He''s getting performances and results, that''s what he''s paid for.

Still want a new man I''m afraid. No offence to him and his team but just don''t think he''s the man.

Would love to be proved wrong as it doesn''t help changing all the time.

i Am a AN outer BUT this transfer window is not all down to him

the LB from ajax was very close to signing but player changed his mind nothing AN could do about that

i think he has a plan with the youth and to be honest i am warming to him just little things niggle me like how many defenders were on the bench today instead of putting maddison on there he is fit as he has been playing all year and would give us better option than a defender / CB

Once again I think this squad is under achieving . Too many defeats against teams in the top 10 have cost us . Still need one hell of a run of results to get in the playoffs.