Sign in to follow this  
morty

John Hurt.

Wonderful, wonderful actor.

This might sound odd, but for nearly all of us he isn''t dead, we only really knew him through his performances & they are there for all time (I wish I could have seen him on stage though). Thus, like all great artists, he has a very real form of immortality.

RIP John. Ars longa vita brevis.

Saw him in attendance at Carrow Road quite a few times......Alas no more. A great actor and performer.

RIP Sir John Hurt.....

Such a fine rich acting voice. One that grabbed your attention. From Caligula to Mr Ollivander.

First memories of him, was in I Claudius, and for a young man, that was incredibly educational!

Lived in East Runton I believe, and have seen him in Cromer a few times

RIP Sir

His legacy lives on in the recently-opened John Hurt Centre at Cinema City. A remarkable man and fantastic actor.A friend of mine who worked behind the bar at Cinema City once refused him discounted drinks because she didn''t know who he was and he couldn''t present a membership card... he took it in good humour. True story [:)]

Very very sad news, a legend of the acting world. The sort of actor who you''d watch the programme/movie just because he''s in it. And what a voice. How many of his characters died! The 60s and 70s generation of celebrities continue to move aside and make space. Alien, The Field, Midnight Express, The Elephant Man, V for Vendetta, 1984, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Harry Potter, Watership Down, those ads for AIDS and so many other places I can''t even think of-he popped up every where.

RIP John Hurt, your body of work & legacy has made you immortal

Fantastic actor, a voice that was made for the entertainment industry, deserved far more Oscars then he recieved. The Elephant Man still moves me to this day. RIP sir.

I have great respect for John Hurt, and would gladly have paid tribute to him before the game. I don''t really approve of this mid game applauding as I find their determination quite contrived and also think they are distracting, What if a penalty had been awarded on 77 mins or he had died at the age of 95?

Yes a sad day. I feel as though I''ve grown up watching him in various roles. Well done to the Birmingham fans joining in the applause.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]strictly speaking...was the minutes applause held during the 78th minute??[/quote]

Pretty sure it was the 77th GJL[/quote]

depends whether a minutes applause is supposed to be held on 77 minutes or during the 77 th minute?

once the scoreboard says ''77'', then 77 minutes have gone and youre into the 78th minute, which was when the applause was held?

We''ve lost a few notable people over the last year but John Hurt was one of the first to make me very sad.

voice that just grabbed you, A British legend and one of the best acting talents we ever produced.

He loved Norfolk, and Norfolk loved him.

R i P John Merrick/Ollivander/Kane/Hazel/Aragorn/dragon in Merlin and the War Doctor - "great men are made in fire, it is the honor of the lesser man to light it"

As well as being a great actor, he was also a very down to earth,decent chap.. often a rare combination.Thanks for what you gave, and what you leave us