Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Cameron Jerome Today

A great demonstration of how to play the lone striker role from Cam Jam today. His pace, power and work rate were just too much for the Birmingham defence and a superb goal which was all his own work. Oliveira will have a real fight on his hands to get back in if Cameron keeps playing like this.

Wouldn''t it be great to see Jerome and Oliveira in the same team, with Oliveira playing just behind Cameron.  Would mean dropping Naismith I guess, but Naismith missed some easy chances today according to the commentators.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Naismith is undroppable at the minute. Yes he missed some chances, but he was all over the pitch and he''s was leading the team it seems[/quote]

His finishing was criminally bad, much prefer to see Pritchard/Maddison playing

Jerome''s work rate and usefulness has never been an issue. Watching today''s highlights, and his brilliant goal, made me wonder again at the ease with which creates chances for himself - to miss so many of them.

lake district canary wrote the following post at 28/01/2017 6:02 PM:

Wouldn''t it be great to see Jerome and Oliveira in the same team, with Oliveira playing just behind Cameron. Would mean dropping Naismith I guess, but Naismith missed some easy chances today according to the commentators.

Anyone who watched the game knows that dropping Naismith after today''s performance isn''t going to happen . Took up great positions and drove the team forward . Cam was excellent too. AN will start with them both next time .

[quote user="GPs Beard"]lake district canary wrote the following post at 28/01/2017 6:02 PM:

Wouldn''t it be great to see Jerome and Oliveira in the same team, with Oliveira playing just behind Cameron. Would mean dropping Naismith I guess, but Naismith missed some easy chances today according to the commentators.

Anyone who watched the game knows that dropping Naismith after today''s performance isn''t going to happen . Took up great positions and drove the team forward . Cam was excellent too. AN will start with them both next time .[/quote]Agreed, Naismith was excellent today.

He was a beast today but should have scored that chance in the second half for his second. More of the same please Cam!

Yeah Naismith all round game was very very good but my God he couldn''t buy a goal today. Just one of those days as he''s well regarded as a good finisher

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]Yep I thought he was great today. Actually that performance gives AN a dilemma whether to start with Olive or not?[/quote]No dilemma for me, Jerome should start next week. Putting in a performance like that, then getting dropped, would be harsh.

Nice to have options that we have confidence in though, eh? Things looking brighter now, whatever happens in the transfer window.

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Trolling on multiple threads eh Alfie? Full marks for effort fella.[/quote]d

Only just seen this. How is expressing an opinion trolling? I stand by my comments

Cameron should continue to start, but god knows what might happen with AN.

I think as a team we perform better with an on song Jerome, as his workrate and runs make more space for the three in behind.

Olive is a little less mobile and easier to track, but a much deadlier finisher.

Both have decent link up play.

Jerome is one of the best strikers in this league, so long as you play in such a way that gets the opposition facing their own goal regularly. At Brighton for example, we may as well have played with 10 men as their back 4 were allowed to face forward and just mop everything up.

Oliveira is much more likely to pick the ball up in a congested area outside of the box and make something happen- as seen in his recent good run. This usually happens when we sit on possession in the opposition half.

Good to have options.

If he could finish as consistently as someone like say Oliviera (Who''s only decent in that aspect imo, seems to get 1 in every 4 shots) with his other attributes he''d have played for England and be at an Everton or West Ham.

Got some outstanding attributes, always works hard and is the type of player fans will always like but his finishing is what it is, really inconsistent. But like I said if he regularly took a lot of these chances he wouldn''t be playing at this level.

He was my motm yesterday. Shotton and Morrison were absolutely terrified of him.