Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Binners getting devious.

This posted on TWTD today:

"As we are incredibly unlikely to reach the playoffs now, would you be happy to see Lawrence join (say Leeds) so that he could potentially stop Norwich reaching the premiership (if it came to a playoff battle)??"

From the impact that Lawrence has made at the Loo (9 goals now is it?) it would seem that this player''s price has increased considerably and that, should Leicester want to unload, his destination is the Premier League.

Should Leicester look to a sale then one of the promoted clubs might appeal to him.

The outside chance that WE achieve this should mean that we could do worse than keep an eye on the situation.

P.S. McCarthy''s reaction to rumours that his club might lose the player before the season''s end was that the mongers were "pissing against the wind."

He likes to promote his ''one of the lads'' image when his stock diminishes there and it usually works for him. I consider it a bit undignified. Sir Alf would be turning in his grave.

What they think, I couldn''t careless, what I do know is I will be rooting for them to win matches against teams above us for the rest of the season.  Next two matches at home to Derby and Reading.  Come on you binners!![:O]

Not much chance of that LDC

They''ve scored five goals this month. Four of those were Lawrence. The sooner he moves on, the sooner they head even further down the table.

Ldc

What they think, I couldn''t careless, what I do know is I will be rooting for them to win matches against teams above us for the rest of the season. Next two matches at home to Derby and Reading. Come on you binners!!

If anyone needed a clearer example of a plastic who really doesn''t " get it ". No REAL Norwich supporter EVER wants the scum to win , EVER !!!!

"If anyone needed a clearer example of a plastic who really doesn''t " get it ". No REAL Norwich supporter EVER wants the scum to win , EVER !!!!"

Precisely, and I''m a plastic, plastic.

Apart from that they stand an outside chance of slipping into the relegation zone in the same way possibly as us standing an outside chance of forcing into the play-offs. Perhaps the latter is the more likely, but they have a very difficult run of fixtures coming up and could well go on the slide.

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]Ldc

What they think, I couldn''t careless, what I do know is I will be rooting for them to win matches against teams above us for the rest of the season. Next two matches at home to Derby and Reading. Come on you binners!!

If anyone needed a clearer example of a plastic who really doesn''t " get it ". No REAL Norwich supporter EVER wants the scum to win , EVER !!!![/quote]

The only thing that matters is whatever happens helps us up the table. If that means them winning the odd match, great. Some things are more important than jingoism and local rivalry.

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]Ldc

If anyone needed a clearer example of a plastic who really doesn''t " get it ". No REAL Norwich supporter EVER wants the scum to win , EVER !!!![/quote]^^^This.

If there''s a new way of mugging these Suffolk peasants off we will find it and expose it

LDC.

Well. I would much, much rather see us go up than see the binners go down. Who wouldn''t?

Perhaps you have a point but I would rather see get into the play-offs by dint of our own good form and results.

There''s still a long way to go this season. The odd game against the binners, which they (our immediate rivals) should win, might be crucial but a good run from us from now on would make it much less so.

Let''s settle for all those games being draws then (smiley.)

If with two games to go, we need 1p5wich to beat Sheff Wed to keep them out of the play offs and us in them, then I for one will be shouting for them to win.  What "real" supporter wouldn''t? [:^)]

A few months a go , I had the misfortune to watch the Binners play. It was a horrific nil nil draw on a freezing Tuesday night. There were (allegedly) 15,000 there , but in reality the locals reckoned nearer 12k. And Brighton brought 500 or so.

What strikes you most about them, as a club, is the complete inability to move on - and this is 100% supporter lead. The silly stars, the banners they wanted about being Kings of East Anglia (which seems to have gone) , Sir Alf who died years ago , and black and white photos on the stairs of "Micky" Mills lifting the Cup at a stadium that has long since been demolished.

You give me any organisation that measures it success by what happened 40 years ago, and I''ll give you failure. The fans demanded the stars, directly to annoy Norwich. No other club does this. How many stars did Preston have on their shirts yesterday? By my reckoning they should have more than the Binners.

The rank and file of the binners are a sad, bitter bunch , but don''t realise that the way they are has at least in part, caused Mucus to lose interest.

Oh, and long may it continue .

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]If we do get to Wembley, rest assured all the plastics will jump on the bandwagon.[/quote]Too bloody right. Will those that are giving up their season tickets suddenly change their minds?

I had a discussion with the bloke next to me yesterday along the same lines. If we manage to go up, the fans that have given their season tickets up are going to look like right berks. Or massively plastic if they then go and get a new one.

[quote user="lake district canary"]If with two games to go, we need 1p5wich to beat Sheff Wed to keep them out of the play offs and us in them, then I for one will be shouting for them to win.  What "real" supporter wouldn''t? [:^)]

[/quote]Is local tribalism more important than getting in the Play-Offs ?You can''t have it both ways.

We talked about this in the pub yesterday mate, this is him deliberately taking a contrary view, that has already annoyed people, to stir up drama. Even "cleverly" throwing in the phrase "real supporter".[:)]

I''m not sure he is a game player. Yes he loves the drama and attention of it, but his biggest problem is how out of touch he is with the rest of the support. Plus his football knowledge is very limited - how are you meant to discuss yestedays game on here having watched a couple of minutes of highlights?

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="lake district canary"]If with two games to go, we need 1p5wich to beat Sheff Wed to keep them out of the play offs and us in them, then I for one will be shouting for them to win.  What "real" supporter wouldn''t? [:^)][/quote]Is local tribalism more important than getting in the Play-Offs ?You can''t have it both ways.[/quote]

Yeah, I thought it was a fair question too, having been told you can''t be a "real" supporter and want the scum to win.  Still, never let a good question get in the way of  people''s forum agendas and hang ups....

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="lake district canary"]If with two games to go, we need 1p5wich to beat Sheff Wed to keep them out of the play offs and us in them, then I for one will be shouting for them to win.  What "real" supporter wouldn''t? [:^)][/quote]Is local tribalism more important than getting in the Play-Offs ?You can''t have it both ways.[/quote]

Yeah, I thought it was a fair question too, having been told you can''t be a "real" supporter and want the scum to win.  Still, never let a good question get in the way of  people''s forum agendas and hang ups....

[/quote]Or in the way of you deliberately trying to stir up drama.....

Just to anyone to avoid confusion by others trying to twist things aound again - my reasonable question was prompted by this post. [quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]No REAL Norwich supporter EVER wants the scum to win , EVER !!!![/quote]

[quote user="lake district canary"]Just to anyone to avoid confusion by others trying to twist things aound again - my reasonable question was prompted by this post. [quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]No REAL Norwich supporter EVER wants the scum to win , EVER !!!![/quote][/quote]Well they don''t.

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="lake district canary"]Just to anyone to avoid confusion by others trying to twist things aound again - my reasonable question was prompted by this post. [quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]No REAL Norwich supporter EVER wants the scum to win , EVER !!!![/quote][/quote]Well they don''t.[/quote]Indeed. And I would rather we do things on our own merits, rather than expect the blue scum to do us a favour.

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="lake district canary"]Just to anyone to avoid confusion by others trying to twist things aound again - my reasonable question was prompted by this post. [quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]No REAL Norwich supporter EVER wants the scum to win , EVER !!!![/quote][/quote]Well they don''t.[/quote]So if we need a scum win to secure a play off position, they would be putting themselves and their gang rivalry mentality before the good of the club.   Real suporters would want the best for our club and it''s progresss, would they not?