Sign in to follow this  
mannings bandy legs

Season Tickets Renewal

Completely see Danny''s point here. Why not try and save a customer? Retaining custom has to be easier than sourcing new.

But, again, here we see the apparent divide between customer and supporter. A customer can expect a level of service, if that isn''t met then they can rightly seek recompense for these standards failing to be met.

A supporter would have no minimum expectation, the money that they spend isn''t about a purchase, it''s a statement of commitment.

There''s probably very little between the two other than how they perceive themselves. Their both happier when we win, they both want our club to be successful. It''s literally that for one of them it''s a conditional relationship and for the other it''s like having a child.

Each to their own though. I respect people who will renew without question but equally I respect people like Danny who are willing to make a stand and stop going because they don''t like the club''s direction. He''s standing by his principles and I applaud him for it; I couldn''t do it though.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Completely see Danny''s point here. Why not try and save a customer? Retaining custom has to be easier than sourcing new.

But, again, here we see the apparent divide between customer and supporter. A customer can expect a level of service, if that isn''t met then they can rightly seek recompense for these standards failing to be met.

A supporter would have no minimum expectation, the money that they spend isn''t about a purchase, it''s a statement of commitment.

There''s probably very little between the two other than how they perceive themselves. Their both happier when we win, they both want our club to be successful. It''s literally that for one of them it''s a conditional relationship and for the other it''s like having a child.

Each to their own though. I respect people who will renew without question but equally I respect people like Danny who are willing to make a stand and stop going because they don''t like the club''s direction. He''s standing by his principles and I applaud him for it; I couldn''t do it though.[/quote]

I don''t see any connection here with some supposed contrast between a customer and a supporter, but then I have never understood the debate. It has always just seemed a matter of semantics about a non-difference. You would have to be very naive to expect that buying a season ticket for a football club entitled you to anything more than access to the ground for every home league game, with various basic facilities, such  as toilets and food and drink outlets, available.Otherwise it is like what should have been (but apparently was not) an unnecessary warning in the Thatcher years of  the (fool''s) golden selling-off of the crown jewels, that shares can go down as well as up. There cannot be an assumption by the buyer of a certain level of achievement on the field.As to the ticket office staff, I have always found them very helpful and painstaking. In this case the poster concerned says they knew why he was cancelling. Given that, that the reason had already been established, they may well have decided they were dealing with someone who knew their own mind and was never going to change it.

Isn''t the key word here ''elderly''?

Let''s assume he''s an over 75 supporter in the Barclay who doesn''t pay the academy surcharge, then he''s paying 305 quid for a product that the ticket office can immediately sell to someone on the waiting list for up to 604 quid.

This might change if and when the waiting list dries up, but for now you bite his hand off if he voluntarily gives up his season ticket.

The posters comparing this to Sky certainly don''t get it. Sky doesn''t have a limit of 25,000 subscriptions.