Sign in to follow this  
AcrossThePond

First time poster, Long time reader (Apologies for the length)

Greetings from the great white north!

First time, long time. Little about me…I became a Norwich City fan, oddly enough, off the back of a sportsnet TV Spot. It was right after the the 2010-11 season which saw Lambert’s squad get promoted to the good old Prem (at the time, this was the only “soccer” I watched). I have a good friend who was born/lived in Wales, and I asked him one day, after deciding to renounce my “plastic” Chelsea fanship (forgive me), what team I should devotedly follow like Trumps favourite orange spray paint. He gave two teams, Swansea – and little ol’Norwich. I was immediately taken in by greatest jersey (kit) colour combo that I had ever seen…green and yellow, my two favourite colours. Que the sportsnet broadcast and I learn that Norwich has just gone through successive promotions from League 1, have an extremely youthful side with attacking flare. And to top it all off…they have a Canadian on their roster!! Dr. J became my favourite player in the side…while it didn’t quite last too long, it helped create an inextinguishable bond that saw me waking up at the crack of dawn to watch my yellows crack the scum or skipping class to stream the afternoon games (time difference is a North American soccer fans kryptonite).

Long story short, I have been reading this board for the past several years pretty much everyday, and just got my access so thought this was long overdue. Now to the point of the post…

From an outside perspective looking in, and this is just my opinion so take it as you will – everyone needs to re-evaluate their priorities on this message board. At the end of the day, whether your support Alex, or hate Moxey, or don’t rate the squad, or have an extremely odd love for Robbie Brady…WE ARE ALL ON THE SAME TEAM!

Check list: this team is not getting relegated to League 1. This team is within reach of the play-offs. We have a very exciting striker (a rather hard commodity don’t ya think?) and highly rated wingers (another rare item these days…and we have a set!) Not to mention Pritchard, Maddison, Godfrey, Toffolo…

Yes the defence is dog shit, everyone knows this. People who are actually concerned that the board/manager don’t see that have literally the lowest opinion of them…their not blind. But that will require significant investment and time, and its actually already started (re: Pinto & Klose) so its progressing (albiet quite slowly). Sometimes fresh perspective can help when you get stuck in, at least it does for me. So heres to backing the boys tomorrow against Brum, for 3 points, and Howson to play like Iniesta again!!

PS lets try and be a little more civil to one another, this place was a haven for good quality posts not 2 years ago, now they all get derailed to the point of exhaustion. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

PS lets try and be a little more civil to one another, this place was a haven for good quality posts not 2 years ago, now they all get derailed to the point of exhaustion. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Welcome, and here here to that.

[quote user="Greavsy"]PS lets try and be a little more civil to one another, this place was a haven for good quality posts not 2 years ago, now they all get derailed to the point of exhaustion. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Welcome, and here here to that.[/quote]Indeed.Just as well you don''t go in for any of that nonsense, eh?[:)]

Nice genuine and interesting post OP.

P.S. Ignore the nonsense, unless you''re in the mood for a bit of aggro, which we all are sometimes.. That''s the way most sensible posters deal with it.

This forum has not been at it''s best lately.

This might be due to the current achievements of the team. It might be due to a miserable mid-winter.

It will buck up.

Wondering what peoples thoughts are re: tomorrows line up? If Nelson''s available then I''d love to see either jacob or josh link up with him. Klose and Martin my preferred partnership as well.

[quote user="AcrossThePond"]Wondering what peoples thoughts are re: tomorrows line up? If Nelson''s available then I''d love to see either jacob or josh link up with him. Klose and Martin my preferred partnership as well.[/quote]Its the last game of his ban, he won''t be available.

thats too bad. I''m not particularly confident with Jerome leading the line. I''ve often wondered why we haven''t tried Naismith as the long front man. He played the roll well at Everton, sure might not have the legs for it but then CamJam can come on against tired D

Naismith would be good upfront, with a two man strike force, for those old enough to remember like fleck and rosario, one to hold up, and knock it on, one to snap at their ankles, and run on.

[quote user="AcrossThePond"]thats too bad. I''m not particularly confident with Jerome leading the line. I''ve often wondered why we haven''t tried Naismith as the long front man. He played the roll well at Everton, sure might not have the legs for it but then CamJam can come on against tired D[/quote]It all worked pretty well last week!

@Morty don''t get me wrong, I think Jerome is a fine striker. I actually think we should transition him to more a super sub, similar role as Dzeko had at City. He still has lots of pace to him. But he has missed some sitters in recent weeks, not in the greatest form was more my point.

[quote user="AcrossThePond"]@Morty don''t get me wrong, I think Jerome is a fine striker. I actually think we should transition him to more a super sub, similar role as Dzeko had at City. He still has lots of pace to him. But he has missed some sitters in recent weeks, not in the greatest form was more my point.[/quote]Aye, if he could finish a bit better I think we''d all be happier. I think he''s one of those players that thrives on confidence, and he desperately needs a goal soon, to hopefully give him some.

Surely just lacking confidence? If that one that hit the post went in he would have 2 in 2, what''s not to like?

Sent that at the same time morty, and agreed with each other, something must be wrong!! ;-)

Welcome ATP. nice to hear about your conversion to the Yellow and Green cause.Those of us with long years of experience will warn you that its not all a bed of roses. There are many low points but the highs, when they come, are all the greater for their relative scarcity.[:D]There are many different opinions on this Forum (as you may have already noticed) but we are united in our love for the club.Welcome and enjoy the ride.[Y]

[quote user="lake district canary"]I wouldn''t be surprised if he went away, with the resident vultures hanging around.  Hopefully ATP will carry on and ignore the trolls.

[/quote][:D]Please point out how this poster was not made welcome, or trolled in any way.Stop trying to project your issues and drama onto others.