Sign in to follow this  
ec-p

Olsson signs for Swansea!!

Can''t be bothered to read back through everything, but I''ve been informed by someone at the clubs gym that Olsson was reasonably happy here, loves playing for us but doesn''t like the atmosphere within the club. Apparently there''s a few cliques (assuming language barrier etc plays into this) which is affecting team spirit and such.

Exactly, there has to be someone interested and prepared to pay them a contract that is acceptable.

Then we may be in a position to negotiate a release clause on the remainder of their contract.

[quote user="AJ"]Can''t be bothered to read back through everything, but I''ve been informed by someone at the clubs gym that Olsson was reasonably happy here, loves playing for us but doesn''t like the atmosphere within the club. Apparently there''s a few cliques (assuming language barrier etc plays into this) which is affecting team spirit and such.[/quote]

At about this time last year I thought Olsson lacked a bit of enthusiasm which I partly put down to his agent saying "relegation is looming - I will get you a better Club" This faded away and I think the player has looked much sharper and settled this season. Apart from the age factor, I would say he is worth much the same as Brady. He is certainly a far better defensive player and I cannot really see any difference when it comes to crossing etc. He is worth more than £5 million in the current crazy market.

"He is worth more than £5 million in the current crazy market."perhaps you could point to the contract that confirms this figure

[quote user="Biggles flies undone"]"He is worth more than £5 million in the current crazy market."perhaps you could point to the contract that confirms this figure[/quote]Or maybe you could point out why this widely ''reported '' figure could be wrong ? We all know that when he leaves the words undisclosed fee will be used.

I would have thought your many years in the force might just have taught you where the burden of proof lies.it is not a matter of ''could be'' wrong - more that there is NO shred of evidence that proves it is correct.(perhaps if he were to ''fall down the stairs'' he might confess to £5m being the figure)

[quote user="AJ"]Can''t be bothered to read back through everything, but I''ve been informed by someone at the clubs gym that Olsson was reasonably happy here, loves playing for us but doesn''t like the atmosphere within the club. Apparently there''s a few cliques (assuming language barrier etc plays into this) which is affecting team spirit and such.[/quote]

I don''t think that language has to be a factor in cliques forming. This "cliques" thing has been rumoured about for some years.    The change from Lambert to Hughton changed a lot of things - the influx of new players from different footballing cultures and background and a manager who was radically different to Lambert, all helped to create a difficult environment for success. Having worked in different organisations over the years, I can say without doubt the most enjoyable working experiences have been those places where cliques are not present and a culture of  "we''re all in it together" is the overiding ethos.  Conversely, one place I worked was so cliquey and the factions so split, that it was completely unpleasant on all levels.  It takes time to sort out a squad and make it your own. If you don''t have that time, the chances are you''ll get another manager in and the same problems will recur.  More reason to stick with a strong manager who can sort that out imo.

It''s the manager''s job to avoid cliques/friction forming within his squad.

I have the distinct impression that our fella causes more problems than he solves.

Nothing happy seems to come out of Carrow Road these days. The occasional win for sure, but massive under-performance for extra sure.

Looks like we have nothing left to hope for than a decent window and a consequent upturn in fortunes, but I would like to be more optimistic about this happening than I currently am.

[quote user="Biggles flies undone"]I would have thought your many years in the force might just have taught you where the burden of proof lies.it is not a matter of ''could be'' wrong - more that there is NO shred of evidence that proves it is correct.(perhaps if he were to ''fall down the stairs'' he might confess to £5m being the figure)[/quote]There was me thinking this was a discussion board and not a court of law.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]It''s the manager''s job to avoid cliques/friction forming within his squad.

I have the distinct impression that our fella causes more problems than he solves.

Nothing happy seems to come out of Carrow Road these days. The occasional win for sure, but massive under-performance for extra sure.

Looks like we have nothing left to hope for than a decent window and a consequent upturn in fortunes, but I would like to be more optimistic about this happening than I currently am.[/quote]Nothing happy seems to come out of Broadstairs these days either! Have all the yots been wrecked and the prawns died out? [:D]

No but it''s getting colder and windier.

Nothing compared to the ill-wind blowing through Carrow Road.

A couple of wins would buck me up.

I''ve not read all the thread, please forgive if you can find it in your hearts.

Swansea this afternoon saying Olsson past his medical, just paperwork to complete.

Seems there is some truth in this rumour - Paul Clement is quoted as saying ''the clubs are talking about that possibility. The stage its at, we''re looking to agree the terms.'' From Davitt''s Twitter feed.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Biggles flies undone"]I would have thought your many years in the force might just have taught you where the burden of proof lies.it is not a matter of ''could be'' wrong - more that there is NO shred of evidence that proves it is correct.(perhaps if he were to ''fall down the stairs'' he might confess to £5m being the figure)[/quote]There was me thinking this was a discussion board and not a court of law.[/quote]It doesn''t need to be only in a court of law where the onus is on the person to prove their claim, rather than others to disprove itwhich does rather go to the heart of any discussion I would suggest

King Canary, if you read that on the EDP site, Clement is talking about Luciano Narsingh as having passed the medical and not Olsson.

[quote user="Number 9"]Swansea this afternoon saying Olsson past his medical, just paperwork to complete.[/quote]Blimey, I didn''t realise he was that old. [:S]

[quote user="Biggles flies undone"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Biggles flies undone"]I would have thought your many years in the force might just have taught you where the burden of proof lies.it is not a matter of ''could be'' wrong - more that there is NO shred of evidence that proves it is correct.(perhaps if he were to ''fall down the stairs'' he might confess to £5m being the figure)[/quote]There was me thinking this was a discussion board and not a court of law.[/quote]It doesn''t need to be only in a court of law where the onus is on the person to prove their claim, rather than others to disprove itwhich does rather go to the heart of any discussion I would suggest[/quote]Makes it just a shame you cannot discuss anything posted on here rather than pull it apart nit picking and being pedantic at every opportunity.

[quote user="Morgan"]King Canary, if you read that on the EDP site, Clement is talking about Luciano Narsingh as having passed the medical and not Olsson.[/quote]

Correct, thank you

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Biggles flies undone"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Biggles flies undone"]I would have thought your many years in the force might just have taught you where the burden of proof lies.it is not a matter of ''could be'' wrong - more that there is NO shred of evidence that proves it is correct.(perhaps if he were to ''fall down the stairs'' he might confess to £5m being the figure)[/quote]There was me thinking this was a discussion board and not a court of law.[/quote]It doesn''t need to be only in a court of law where the onus is on the person to prove their claim, rather than others to disprove itwhich does rather go to the heart of any discussion I would suggest[/quote]Makes it just a shame you cannot discuss anything posted on here rather than pull it apart nit picking and being pedantic at every opportunity.[/quote]Pedantic ?Pointing out that the onus is on someone who makes a claim to back that claim is hardly nit pickingAnd may I remind you of who began all thisIf I stated that you were an ex fireman it would hardly be pedantic were to to ask me to prove this, more so were that claim to be the basis of my point.So stop being silly

[quote user="Biggles flies undone"]"He is worth more than £5 million in the current crazy market."perhaps you could point to the contract that confirms this figure[/quote]

That''s the widely reported figure which is as near as I can get. Anyway, we will never know the actual contract amount, despite the fact that we are a "community club" and the Board acts mainly on behalf of their supporters!!.

[quote user="Biggles flies undone"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Biggles flies undone"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Biggles flies undone"]I would have thought your many years in the force might just have taught you where the burden of proof lies.it is not a matter of ''could be'' wrong - more that there is NO shred of evidence that proves it is correct.(perhaps if he were to ''fall down the stairs'' he might confess to £5m being the figure)[/quote]There was me thinking this was a discussion board and not a court of law.[/quote]It doesn''t need to be only in a court of law where the onus is on the person to prove their claim, rather than others to disprove itwhich does rather go to the heart of any discussion I would suggest[/quote]Makes it just a shame you cannot discuss anything posted on here rather than pull it apart nit picking and being pedantic at every opportunity.[/quote]Pedantic ?Pointing out that the onus is on someone who makes a claim to back that claim is hardly nit pickingAnd may I remind you of who began all thisIf I stated that you were an ex fireman it would hardly be pedantic were to to ask me to prove this, more so were that claim to be the basis of my point.So stop being silly[/quote]Now what i call being silly is changing your username and avatar every few days.Get over yourself for goodness sake.

Sorry if this has already been covered, but SSN have just said that Swansea have confirmed Olsson is discussing personal terms, which means a fee must have been agreed. Release clause looks likely, given how recently he signed a new contract.

Yes it looks like this is progressing, just hope we''ve actually you a replacement ready to sign. I know there was a rumour about a 30 year old freebie

Be very sorry to lose Olsson if these rumours have legs. A generally very consistent performer in a difficult position to fill adequately. Also a fundamental cog in AN''s attacking philosophy. Performed well at the Euros last summer. Has a good cross on him too. A big loss and sadly is indicative of the direction this club seems to be heading. We''ll never know but it''s probably been on the cards for a while, copperfastened by the first team''s form over the last three months. I wonder what Robbie Brady makes of all this. Olsson has ''gazumped'' him! To sell two left-footed players who are good enough to play in the Premier League would surely significantly weaken our chances of a play-off spot. We''ll just have to wait and see what develops.

Stay with us Martin!

yes, it''s not as if either Olsson or Brady has left a relegated club to join a PL club before is it ?nope it''s all down to City''s complete lack of ambition