Sign in to follow this  
ec-p

Olsson signs for Swansea!!

I was just trying to put a bit of perspective on where Toffolo is (this isn''t as such a defence of Whittaker).

Realistically he''ll have a decent career in at L1 sort of level. But he probably won''t reach the levels Whittaker has.

That seems a really odd statement to me.

He''s 21. He''s playing regularly at the top end of League One. Massively premature to decide that this is his level. Unless you''re watching a load of Scunthorpe games then I struggle to see how you can make such a statement.

At this age Whittaker was just breaking into the Hibs team and Russell Martin had''t played above League Two.

Surely this is a case of seeing if the younger players can prove they are good enough whereas we have seen enough of some of the older players who have already proved they are not good enough!

[quote user="GJP"]I was just trying to put a bit of perspective on where Toffolo is (this isn''t as such a defence of Whittaker).

Realistically he''ll have a decent career in at L1 sort of level. But he probably won''t reach the levels Whittaker has.[/quote]

Exactly the sort of level team as Saturdays he''s been doing well against. He might well not be up to it I have my doubts aswell but when situations arise like they did yesterday let''s see what he''s got to offer, he may just step up to the plate. We owe it to the investment being made in the youth team to be sure of their capacity.

Kingsley will be loan till end of the season , so paving the way for Toffolo to be number one choice

Rotherham needed a striker so used a youngster for his debut because that is what they had available

how did that work out ?

Round pegs Round holes

i don''t like playing players out of position

i also thinking loaning young players from PL clubs

is stopping our youngsters getting a chance

unless they are like Bournemouth loaning Ake who is PL class already

Toffolo has always been highly rated at Norwich so was disappointed to see him shipped out on loan with only Olsson as a recognised left back. Now he''s most likely departing it makes it even more disappointing.

Any Olsson sale should not have been allowed to happen til we can adequate cover/a replacement. Tomfoolery should not have been sent back on loan til the position was clear given that we presumably knew we might sell Olson and Brady. This is incredibly basic, common sense stuff but obviously not for Alex "Thicko" Neil or our idiotic board.

Toffolo really impressed me against West Ham in the ''80 years of Carrow Rd'' pre season friendly a couple of years back. Granted, he scored a very unfortunate own goal in the 0-1 defeat but to be fair I thought he was great otherwise against some decent West Ham players, he stood out for me. So I''d be quite happy to see him get a chance to step up to the plate on the provision that we adequately replace Olsson with older shoulders should Harry find it a ''bit too soon''. But I believe he has the ability for sure.

Surely the whole point of the academy is to bring youngsters into the first team, therfor it would''ve been the ideal oppertunity to give Toffolo a couple of games at Rotherham and Southampton.

If he wasn''t upto the task it woudn''t of hurt us too much, in fact after losing to Rotherham it woudn''t of hurt us at all.

Strange descision

Scunthorpe are a decent side and Toffs is a regular in that side.

We aren''t going up so why not give the fringe players a go and see what they can do.

Baffling we extended his loan.

Does seem odd that its taking so long. It was sounding, pretty much, like a done deal, days ago.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]Maybe they''ve discovered that pesky recurring shoulder injury... [;)][/quote]I actually saw someone tweeting Swansea informing them of it lol.

[quote user="daly"]This club with Delia her old man and the nephew in charge have become the laughing stock of the football world. Last season we were in TP but pissed up in the Jan window as again this year. 11th Jan and no signings., Why posters go on about Toffolo a 3rd div at best defender amazes me .

This club is set for Championship football for the foreseeable future.

Get rid of this manager asap, he and Delia are taking us nowhere

Brady next to go[/quote]Some real thoughtful insights thereBut even if we do sign these two Dutch players there is a bright spot for DalyThey are not ''darkies''