Sign in to follow this  
ec-p

Olsson signs for Swansea!!

Leaving aside the fact this is a further downsizing of the quality of our playing staff rendered necessary by the board sticking with their poor manager (would he be up for moving to a likely relegation candidate if we were top 2 and challenging?) the fact we would allow this move to happen this week with Brady suspended and having just sent Toffolo back out on loan is highly surprising.

IF it happens then we should have at least held it up so he can play tomorrow.

Maybe we should WAIT until the slamming shut of the window before jumping to conclusions on the scale of the down scaling of our playing squad and inevitable nose dive to Championship obscurity.

ALL we have right now is a case of a Premier League club being allegedly close to signing our left back.

Keep it in perspective gents!

Perspective in rather short supply on this message board :)

I''m just a bit concerned that Olsson should think that a move to a team with a very good chance of being relegated is preferable to staying at Norwich. Does it suggest that there is off field stuff driving the desire for a change as I am surprised that Swansea should be that much more appealing than us right now.?

I would rather have lost Brady if I am honest. I think we have replacements for him, but I have always liked Olsson and his rampaging runs down the flank despite the occasional positional issues and that penalty against Sunderland which helped relegate us last year.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]We''ll said Biggles. It appears to be a strategy of further degrading our footballing assets/ambition in line with a mediore championship/L1 side.[/quote]oh dearthe post was a p1ss take out of cretins like you who constantly attack the club through ludicrous assertionsnow why not far cough back to the land of low live thieves and cheats known as poorman road

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Biggles flies undone"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Biggles flies undone"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Biggles flies undone"]I would have thought your many years in the force might just have taught you where the burden of proof lies.it is not a matter of ''could be'' wrong - more that there is NO shred of evidence that proves it is correct.(perhaps if he were to ''fall down the stairs'' he might confess to £5m being the figure)[/quote]There was me thinking this was a discussion board and not a court of law.[/quote]It doesn''t need to be only in a court of law where the onus is on the person to prove their claim, rather than others to disprove itwhich does rather go to the heart of any discussion I would suggest[/quote]Makes it just a shame you cannot discuss anything posted on here rather than pull it apart nit picking and being pedantic at every opportunity.[/quote]Pedantic ?Pointing out that the onus is on someone who makes a claim to back that claim is hardly nit pickingAnd may I remind you of who began all thisIf I stated that you were an ex fireman it would hardly be pedantic were to to ask me to prove this, more so were that claim to be the basis of my point.So stop being silly[/quote]Now what i call being silly is changing your username and avatar every few days.Get over yourself for goodness sake.[/quote]it is intended as being silly - I would have thought that was blindingly obviousas to getting over myself I suggest you stop being the pompous old windbag that you areand recognise that if you try to be clever and it backfires don''t try to grasp some spurious moral high ground by hiding behind vacuous clichesotherwise have a nice weekend

Unless it''s for very good money Swansea is very much a side step as it does look like they''ll be coming down

Do we know he is unavailable today? He was discussing terms with Swansea, so you''d assume he''d be unavailable, but has AN or the club actually commented on this? Don''t see anything on the official site...

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]Do we know he is unavailable today? He was discussing terms with Swansea, so you''d assume he''d be unavailable, but has AN or the club actually commented on this? Don''t see anything on the official site...[/quote]AN said he is unlikely to be selected.I think he''s in Swansea discussing terms.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Feedthewolf"]Do we know he is unavailable today? He was discussing terms with Swansea, so you''d assume he''d be unavailable, but has AN or the club actually commented on this? Don''t see anything on the official site...[/quote]AN said he is unlikely to be selected.I think he''s in Swansea discussing terms.[/quote]Cheers Morty, missed that.Shut up Highland, get a job.

Apparently it''s £4m now which seems very low, £5m I could just about handle!

Why do we always let our players go for peanuts? You''d get £4m for an average Champs player or Prem reserve. Not someone of Olssons quality and experience, at their prime.

[quote user="Clint"]Apparently it''s £4m now which seems very low, £5m I could just about handle!

Why do we always let our players go for peanuts? You''d get £4m for an average Champs player or Prem reserve. Not someone of Olssons quality and experience, at their prime.[/quote]Well he was going to leave for nothing anyway until he signed the new contract, so I guess we should be grateful. £5m would be fair enough.

[quote user="Clint"]Apparently it''s £4m now which seems very low, £5m I could just about handle!

Why do we always let our players go for peanuts? You''d get £4m for an average Champs player or Prem reserve. Not someone of Olssons quality and experience, at their prime.[/quote]

Putting aside the player''s worth, £4m is nonsensical given the gap it will leave in the squad. We won''t be able to replace him with a player of the same level for that sum. And with Brady off as well I can''t help but feel that selling Olsson is just a false economy. Especially if the fee is even lower than £5m which I already thought was a steal in the January window.

Just highlights the truth that we are in debt, need to sell to balance the upcoming debt, down sizing the running cost as we look to consolidated the club.

Just my view of such a small amount for a premiership player. So Moxey getting the bst value for money! McNally got rid of Grabban for two times what we paid for him.

[quote user="Indy"]Just highlights the truth that we are in debt, need to sell to balance the upcoming debt, down sizing the running cost as we look to consolidated the club.

Just my view of such a small amount for a premiership player. So Moxey getting the bst value for money! McNally got rid of Grabban for two times what we paid for him.[/quote]the truth (!) that we are in debt, need to sell to balance the upcoming debt,so is it already existing as you claim ?or something in the future as you then claim ?

as to Olssons tranfers fee perhaps you could give evidence as how you know the exact figure, or are you just making up stuff ?

Can we still call this off if we sack this useless manager. I feel sure a competent manager would not want to sell Olsson for such a poor fee.

Biggins, you keep that head of yours in the sand, as pointed out already by others we have an active debt this season, the accounts are for the previous season, so carry on trying to be funny.

As for the fee, reported to be 4-5 million, which is peanuts in January, just how much did we pay for a Scottish fringe player two years older?

That''s the end of my response to you as you''re just a sad case trying to be funny, unsuccessfully.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Can we still call this off if we sack this useless manager. I feel sure a competent manager would not want to sell Olsson for such a poor fee.[/quote]Do you really think this wasn''t the board''s choice? Of Course Neil wouldn''t want to lose one of his best players.

Who the hell would sell a 28 year old Swedish international for 4-5 million in January to a premiership club if you don''t need the money! Really we paid 8.5 million for Naismith who''s two years older!

Stephen Kingsley coming as part of Olsson according to rumours in South Wales. Not sure if loan or permanent but deal close

Kingsley is Scottish born and played most of his career so far for Falkirk, loaned out to Crewe and Yeovil. So yep, can see this happening! Maybe that''s why its down to £4m now. Played 8 first team games for the Swans this season though, we''ll see.

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Kingsley is Scottish born and played most of his career so far for Falkirk, loaned out to Crewe and Yeovil. So yep, can see this happening! Maybe that''s why its down to £4m now. Played 8 first team games for the Swans this season though, we''ll see.[/quote]FFS