Sign in to follow this  
ec-p

Olsson signs for Swansea!!

[quote user="Alex "]Shame but absolutely certain we''ll have someone lined up, especially with Brady likely on his way.

It''s when Oliveira gets sold in this window that things will go really nuts on here 😉[/quote]

Is that ''you can''t be transferred more than twice in a calendar year'' rule still in place?

Guys look at the positives we had him 6 months longer than we thought and due to him signing a new deal he guaranteed some funds for us.

Maybe the plan was always going to be three at the back with wing backs and let Toffollo get more experience with a recall with injuries.

I thought this could happen, if it happens onwards and upwards OTBC CTID!!!

Once Olsson was in the final of his contract in the summer he held all of the cards. The reality is his new 18 contract probably contained a release clause of around £5 million.

That was all the club could do in the circumstances. Prior to that contact we had a stark choice - either lose him for a nominal fee in January or for nothing in the summer. They''ve done the best they could in the circumstances.

However, you can question how it ever got to this stage. Did we try to agree a new contract in the Premier league in 2015? Was AN consistently leaving him on the bench last season in the PL for a person who wasn''t actually a left back also a factor in him not signing a new deal at that time?

Just got in and quite surprised at this. Are we honestly going to let Brady & Olsson go (with Toffolo out on loan) and the headache of needing replacements (Whitts on left please no!)

Or are we that stupid to cash in for £5m instead of the £10-12m for Brady?

Don''t you love being a NCFC fan

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Alex "]Shame but absolutely certain we''ll have someone lined up, especially with Brady likely on his way.

It''s when Oliveira gets sold in this window that things will go really nuts on here 😉[/quote]

Is that ''you can''t be transferred more than twice in a calendar year'' rule still in place?

[/quote]

Don''t know TC, don''t think you can - but nobody said anything when a swap deal for Brady and McCormack was mentioned!

This club with Delia her old man and the nephew in charge have become the laughing stock of the football world. Last season we were in TP but pissed up in the Jan window as again this year. 11th Jan and no signings., Why posters go on about Toffolo a 3rd div at best defender amazes me .

This club is set for Championship football for the foreseeable future.

Get rid of this manager asap, he and Delia are taking us nowhere

Brady next to go

So, we begin to unwind the squad to adjust to a post-parachute world and a natural turnover of less than £30m in 18 months time. And, presumably, we will have the excitement of relegation battles to come. You couldn''t make it up.

[quote user="daly"]This club with Delia her old man and the nephew in charge have become c Last season we were in TP but pissed up in the Jan window as again this year. 11th Jan and no signings., Why posters go on about Toffolo a 3rd div at best defender amazes me .

This club is set for Championship football for the foreseeable future.

Get rid of this manager asap, he and Delia are taking us nowhere

Brady next to go[/quote]baaa baaabaa baaa

[quote user="Highland Canary"]So, we begin to unwind the squad to adjust to a post-parachute world and a natural turnover of less than £30m in 18 months time. And, presumably, we will have the excitement of relegation battles to come. You couldn''t make it up.[/quote]it looks like you just haveas usual

[quote user="Highland Canary"]So, we begin to unwind the squad to adjust to a post-parachute world and a natural turnover of less than £30m in 18 months time. And, presumably, we will have the excitement of relegation battles to come. You couldn''t make it up.[/quote]If I had a pound for every time you''d said that to suffix something you''d... erm... made up, I''d be a rich man. Do you ever consider suicide as an option? Just curious, y''know, because you don''t seem to get any enjoyment from life. Never once have I seen you post anything remotely positive on this board.

I never agree with feed the wolf

He may have the sexual sophistication of a retarded mongoose. The intelligence of a retarded nat and the looks of Susan Boyle but on this occasion I agree with him

If this does go through then we won''t actually have a left back in the squad available for Saturday, will we?

You can''t get in the way of a players ambition. Clearly Olssons ambition is to become the Premier Leagues most relegated player, and this move should seal relegation number 4 on his cv. That impressively only leaves him one relegation from matching the record, with still enough time left in his career to make the position his own.

[quote user="The Unsullied "]I never agree with feed the wolf

He may have the sexual sophistication of a retarded mongoose. The intelligence of a retarded nat and the looks of Susan Boyle but on this occasion I agree with him[/quote]I think the word you''re looking for is ''gnat''. Every day''s a school day, eh? [:)]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Highland is right. Meek surrender to championship mediocrity is commencing.[/quote]Another lemming! Maybe you and Highland should go and find a nice high cliff...

Or maybe the strategy of hanging on to players that have proved time and again that they are not good enough for the top flight is flawed. If we are serious about getting back to the PL and staying there, then we need to rebuild with players that are hungry for the chance and not tarred with a succession of relegations. It''s time to rip it up and start again, only problem is that I don''t trust Neil to do it

[quote user="JF"]Or maybe the strategy of hanging on to players that have proved time and again that they are not good enough for the top flight is flawed. If we are serious about getting back to the PL and staying there, then we need to rebuild with players that are hungry for the chance and not tarred with a succession of relegations. It''s time to rip it up and start again, only problem is that I don''t trust Neil to do it[/quote]A lot of sense in that post. As long as we replace Olsson, I don''t mind if we sell him. Same goes for Naismith (replace with Maddison), Jarvis (replace with Canos), Lafferty (replace with Morris), Mulumbu (replace with Thompson), Whittaker (replace with Godfrey), Bassong and Turner (replace with one young and hungry CB), McGovern (replace with Rudd)... then supplement that with a couple of quality up-and coming players, we''ve got a template for something Lambert-esque and potentially excellent. Obviously we''re not going to be able to shift all those players in January, but move them on in the summer, trim the wage bill and bring in some quality young players...But as you say, I''m not sure Neil is the right person to do that. Interesting point for discussion, though.

FDW the best post today, totally go with that, our youngsters are the one huge positive for me.

I understand the clubs financial requirements and to downsize the aging journeymen pros would be great, replacing them with hungry players, not just young players but the same type as Holty.

I also agree that AN isn''t that manager, he''s the one who has done the same as others relying on high earning older pros who don''t always appear to give their all for the cause.

Feed the wolf for manager. He can see the way forward. Shame AN can''t!

Wouldn''t it be great to see those players all playing

[quote user="Samwam27"]Feed the wolf for manager. He can see the way forward. Shame AN can''t!

Wouldn''t it be great to see those players all playing[/quote]I guarantee you''d all f*cking hate me within about six weeks.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="JF"]Or maybe the strategy of hanging on to players that have proved time and again that they are not good enough for the top flight is flawed. If we are serious about getting back to the PL and staying there, then we need to rebuild with players that are hungry for the chance and not tarred with a succession of relegations. It''s time to rip it up and start again, only problem is that I don''t trust Neil to do it[/quote]A lot of sense in that post. As long as we replace Olsson, I don''t mind if we sell him. Same goes for Naismith (replace with Maddison), Jarvis (replace with Canos), Lafferty (replace with Morris), Mulumbu (replace with Thompson), Whittaker (replace with Godfrey), Bassong and Turner (replace with one young and hungry CB), McGovern (replace with Rudd)... then supplement that with a couple of quality up-and coming players, we''ve got a template for something Lambert-esque and potentially excellent. Obviously we''re not going to be able to shift all those players in January, but move them on in the summer, trim the wage bill and bring in some quality young players...But as you say, I''m not sure Neil is the right person to do that. Interesting point for discussion, though.[/quote][Y]

You''ve got a big opinion of yourself, six weeks, I can say it''ll be less than four......😂