Sign in to follow this  
Drazen Muzinic

Naismith a key player

Excellent today, making things happen but what I really liked was his leadership on the pitch.

He was orchestrating and urging the team throughout and I wonder if he has the attitude to be captain too?

Shame he didn''t have his shooting boots on today though!

Some bad misses but never let it affect the rest of his game. The guy is a big character and we are only just beginning to realise his worth.Carry on Naisy, you are winning them over.[Y]

The player we thought we were playing 8 million for, or whatever it was, seems to be arriving at last,

Totally agree with this, hopefully his form continues and pushes us on. I was excited when we signed him, good we are starting to see what he''s capable of

Nobody who has followed Naismith''s career over the years would have had any doubts about what we were buying. They would also have known it might take him a while to fully show it, since that is exactly what happened at Everton. The instant judgements and chorus of "get rid, he''s useless and doesn''t wants to be here" are now being shown to be the rubbish they always were. He''s worth every penny of whatever we paid; a huge influence on and off the field.

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]Nobody who has followed Naismith''s career over the years would have had any doubts about what we were buying. They would also have known it might take him a while to fully show it, since that is exactly what happened at Everton. The instant judgements and chorus of "get rid, he''s useless and doesn''t wants to be here" are now being shown to be the rubbish they always were. He''s worth every penny of whatever we paid; a huge influence on and off the field.[/quote]

Agree Westcoast, seeing the real player now, happy days for Naisy

He''s looking the part now. Should have happened sooner but better late than never.

Come on guys, he''s finally playing, after a year!

This was what we expected to be signing, but no complaints over the past few home games, him and Howson have been that step up in quality.

Was my MOM yesterday despite missing a couple chances.

Just hope he can carry it on.

Great that he is finally living up to expectations.

He was initially bought, at great expense, to be a key player in our fight against relegation last season. He was anything but that.

Let him be a key player in a belated fight for a play-off spot then. We would stand as good a chance as any in these, I feel.

Should we go up and Naisy gives full due contribution then AN and fans can claim some compensation.

My man of the match yesterday, and I think he has been excellent for the last 4 or 5 games.Now fully fit he''s exactly the battling leader we need on the pitch.

I have to admit that I seem to have got this one wrong. A couple of months ago, I would have been happy to have let him go for to get him off the wage bill as much as anything else - I didn''t think he offered much at all. Yesterday he was at the heart of most things - as he has been recently.

And to be fair to him, he has taken stick from nearly everyone. Lets hope he keeps this form up. It also takes a bit of heat off Wes.

And watching the highlights I think I can offer a bit of a defence for his missed chances yesterday.

Wesley''s pass to him was slightly behind him and he had to really stretch for the header in the 2nd half. He should have scored yes but he did have some evidence to explain the misses.

A good game in my opinion but I did think at the time he was lacking in a bit of quality, even discounting the two most obvious chances. A couple of passes that I thought he should definitely avoided the defender and his, for want of a better description, lazy shot at the end of the first half keep me from going overboard with praise. For me, Jerome was a standout MoM.

Absolutely key player for us now I think, in the same way that Howson is. Controls the ball up front and is forever creating space for others.