Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

All quiet on the transfer front

[quote user="Morgan"]What exactly happened to Thompson? Pelvis I know but ffs![/quote]They have never really said anything more than that.Bit of an odd one.

"if we can somehow palm Lafferty off..."

can''t imagine there''s a queue of clubs willing to pay what we''re currently paying him.

I would assume Thompson''s injury is actually quite bad, as he seems to have not appeared in any pictures or anything lately so would assume he isn''t training or anywhere close to returning.

indeed, but why the lack of information? If he''s had surgery or needs it, why not tell us. Perhaps Paddy or Michael B could ask at the next press conference. With Dorrans, Jarvis and Howson, we knew they were long term layoffs.

Now Ajax left back Mitchell Dijks apparently in talks with us.23 year old who has been capped at u21 level.

Got to say the younger, fresher players we are being linked to excite me. If we can sign Dijks, Zeegelar, a CB and a striker, possibly on loan with a few more shifted out you''ve got to say that''s a surprisingly satisfying window that should hopefully instill some optimism among the fans, player and manager.

[quote user="king canary"]Mitchell Djiks is 6'' 4"- bloody massive for a full back! Wonder if he fills in at centre back too?[/quote]

The Dutch - tallest race in the world. He''s probably tiny over there.

Conor Hourihane confirmed at Villa.*Cue hand wringing about how we failed to bring him here, despite probably not being interested.

And right on cue, Rob Butler tweeting about "Another proven Championship player signs for Villa".

[quote user="morty"]And right on cue, Rob Butler tweeting about "Another proven Championship player signs for Villa".

[/quote]

Rob Butler always seems that he got his job because he won a competition.

[quote user="morty"]And right on cue, Rob Butler tweeting about "Another proven Championship player signs for Villa".[/quote]This "proven Championship player" has played a grand total of 25 games at Championship level

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="morty"]And right on cue, Rob Butler tweeting about "Another proven Championship player signs for Villa".

[/quote]

Rob Butler always seems that he got his job because he won a competition.

[/quote][:D]

This will amuse some....Ryan Bennet subject of interest from PREMIERSHIP and championship clubs.

I quite like Butler - obviously a massive Norwich City fan. And prepared to say it how it is - even if others maybe aren''t. Not the most intelligent, mind.

[quote user="hogesar"]I quite like Butler - obviously a massive Norwich City fan. And prepared to say it how it is - even if others maybe aren''t. Not the most intelligent, mind.[/quote]

More like he just says the first thing that comes into his head no matter how stupid.

[quote user="hogesar"]Swings and roundabouts TC.... =][/quote]

Yes, one mans meat etc., and I do get the benefit of an ''off'' button. [:)]

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]They obviously didn''t read lakeys scout report. Fools[/quote][:D]Actually just read the fee is 7 million, rising to 10.Bargain!

We are interested in Yanic Wildschut.I double checked, and its not a made up name lol.

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]But made up story when he turns us down I suspect 😬[/quote]It''ll be those Colney portakabins again, I suspect....

At this rate we''ll just end up with a panic buy or youth loan from a Prem side as LB cover.

Looking forward to the reaction to that.

We''ve known Brady and Olsson were likely to leave for some time, how have we ended up in a position where with a few days to go we''ve managed to get nobody in?!