Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Baboon

Brady

Selling Brady makes the team weaker. Olssen, Redmond, Brady... all sold. Unknown Ajax player in... do not get anyone that thinks this is good for us as a club or a good deal

A player with undoubted talent that didn''t show it enough. You can be the best player in the world but you''re nothing without the right attitude.

Saying that, I think he''ll do well at Burnley under a good manager in Dyche and a well organised and decent squad.

Brady was undoubtedly an excellent player but I don''t think he''s really wanted to be here for quite a while. Be interesting to see how he progresses at Burnleigh.

Capt i would agree normally but brady was out best player but he didn''t show it enough

if he was playing 7 or 8 out of 10 most weeks but he wasn''t so will we really miss him ?

now we can reinvest and bank some money to keep us going next year if we do not go up

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]Agreed. I can''t understand fans who celebrate selling our best players just for the sake of a few quid in the bank. [/quote]

Unfortunately The club have stuck with AN and we have underachieved.

The consequence is that we need to raise some cash to secure our future. Had we been top two, or at least cemented in the play off positions then im sure we''d have kept him.

To be honest all three going to premiership clubs says a lot about their quality and true we do on paper have a weaker side.

But Murphy has been as good this season as Redders was in our last championship campaign, so no loss there.

To have sold our entire left hand side and as said replaced it with what looks like a very solid young player who can slot into Czb if needed and adds to the muscle in height and size, no bad thing.

We are however in need of another left sided midfielder, hopefully a young player with something to prove.

As has been said above selling Redmond, Olsson and Brady has dramatically weakened the squad. Those who were saying this was our strongest champ squad are very wrong, we are gradually downgrading. Murphy has lost his early season form and is miles off of Redmonds quality.

I''ve never been too enamored with Brady and didn''t even think his Euro''s was as good as some hyped it up to be. He is certainly a good player, but £13m is good business especially if we are bringing in the lad from Wigan.

[quote user="Indy"]To be honest all three going to premiership clubs says a lot about their quality and true we do on paper have a weaker side.

But Murphy has been as good this season as Redders was in our last championship campaign, so no loss there.

To have sold our entire left hand side and as said replaced it with what looks like a very solid young player who can slot into Czb if needed and adds to the muscle in height and size, no bad thing.

We are however in need of another left sided midfielder, hopefully a young player with something to prove.[/quote]

Pritchard?

I can honestly say I can''t remember watching a match where I came away feeling that Brady had an excellent game. Over rated in my opinion, but each to their own.

Fingers crossed Norfolk. Agree about the consistency point but players like Brady don''t come here often and I''m miffed to lose 2 players this window who were genuine Premiership quality. Hey ho onwards and upwards.

@lincoln

No, we need a proper LM, not another AM that can play there if needed

Pritchard, like Hoolahan or Naismith, will drift central leaving a hue hole down that side, leaving the full back exposed

Redders in our championship season played 43 times, scored 4 times.

Murphy this year has played 21 times scored 6 already, been involved in our better games too.

Like for like no downgrade in my book.

If they are such genuine premier league quality, how come they keep on getting relegated?

[quote user="Indy"]To be honest all three going to premiership clubs says a lot about their quality [/quote]Redmond to SouthamptonBrady to BurnleyOlsson to SwanseaHardly what you would call the PL elite so in reality it doesn''t say that much about their quality .

''''Redders in our championship season played 43 times, scored 4 times.

Murphy this year has played 21 times scored 6 already''''......Indy

I will try to remember to repost this time and again when people moan about Murf. Thanks Indy

Really! Southampton already in a final, mid table, Burnley mid table 10 points from the bottom three & Swansea seven year in the top flight! No not premiership standard at all.

I''ve looked on links to find £13M but can''t find one.

All I have seen is more than 10.5 or undisclosed.

I didnt want to see Brady go, but i was never convinced by him at LB either where he ended up all to often. Seemed to me that we were negating alittle his best ability which is slinging a decent cross over. At the end of the day we got a decent fee for a player that seemed to want to be back in the prem straight away.

We''ll just have to wait and see how the new lads get on i think it''s unfair to put to much expectation on them in direct comparison. One plays for Ajax but doesnt get a game in a dutch division where Van Winkle scores for fun. The other comes from Wigan with a slightly inflated price tag, who was playing league 1 football last season, a level that AN struggles to see any players worth buying. A big plus is the extra height in the team will hopefully help when defending corners and freekicks.

Disappointed to see Brady sold but was becoming inevitable. I wonder if we were second or third in the champs if we would have sold Olsson and Brady? Feels to me a bit like accepting we are not going to be serious contenders this year but hopefully our talented young players will be more prepared for next season.

[quote user="JF"]If they are such genuine premier league quality, how come they keep on getting relegated?[/quote]r

Because the majority aren''t!

All,kind of depressing to be honest.

We loose two well known and good players, and sign up to now one confirmed unknown player for silly money ( if we even have ) and a player from Hollland that did not trust the club enough to commit full time.

Then again, a pretty standard transfer window for us.

Where has all the money gone.

Sing along.