Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

McCormack

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Iwans Big Toe"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Iwans Big Toe"][quote user="morty"]No way do I want him anywhere near my club.And he has made himself practically unsellable, with his daft antics.[/quote]Let''s get one thing straight old boy, it''s not your club. It''s the cook''s. And I''m sure that if she (or even mum) like McCormack as a person he will be put on the expenses.

[/quote]Beware of pompus know it alls de-railing ur thread[:D][/quote]So that''s a fail.I think you''ll find my post is entirely on topic. The OP was about a rumour that we''ve made an enquiry about McCormack and my reply explained to you that your personal opinion him will not influence the clubs recruitment policy. However in the past we have apparently signed players based on Etty''s in depth knowledge of English footbal (Grant Holt). Now I''m not comparing RM to  Holty, but if the clubs hierarchy want to sign him and he wants to come he''ll be a Norwich player. That''s how transfers work.So there we are, it''s not even 10 am and you''ve learnt something new today. [:)]

[/quote]So Delias mum has the final say.Great stuff mate[Y][/quote]No, but she has more than a say in things than you do despite your 34,000 posts on here.

I have been a long time reader, and infrequent poster, although recently getting more involved, as you have seen.

I think everyones opinion is valid, and justified, as people have a right to challenge, or not as they see fit for them selves.

If you live away, or can''t/ don''t go to matches (location, work commitments, cost etc )that doesn''t make you any less a supporter.

Don''t like people saying you are wrong just because your point of view differs from theirs, or twisting what others say to match their agenda.

We are all supporters of OUR club, in our own way, very few if any on here actually have any inside information on anything that goes on, so it''s all just opinions.

Happy posting. To one and all.

@morty

Why don''t you back into the shed with all the other tools?

I''m sure they''re missing you.

We didn''t when you were away.

Anyway, back to football, because everyone''s opinion is valid....This McCormack think seems to be still circulating on twitter.I can only hope its his agent trying to stir up interest.

Everyone''s opinion is valid, even when it''s not pointing out other people opinions on Twitter, or on EDP articles.

Valid - always, original - dependent on who''se posting.

I don''t have Twitter - but how much furore is being created? Anything of worth note? I really could not be dealing with that guy here.

[quote user="Morgan"]I don''t have Twitter - but how much furore is being created? Anything of worth note? I really could not be dealing with that guy here.[/quote]Theres a thing on there called "Football transfer live" that get quite a few things right, saw them tweet about half an hour ago that we''re interested.I hope not either.

[quote user="morty"]Great stuff greasy [:D][/quote]

Glad you liked, mobid

Is that all you do, ALL day, trawl online for anything ncfc related, so desperate for that snippet of news to bring it to this forum first, so you can masquerade as an ITK?

Trawling the very medium that you said this morning not to trust.

I bet you''re great company at parties!

I thought that maybe McCormack may have done a job for us in the summer when his name was mentioned but this was at the same time that Assombalonga and Wells were being mentioned, and i would have preferred those players at the time.

This was for a couple of reasons the initial cost of the player and then the wages, the McCormack deal ended up being around the 20 million mark for transfer fee and wages alot of money with no real sell on as he was almost 32 which he now is.

Now i don''t know if it is true or not but it is reported that he is disruptive and that he doesn''t train well, on top of this his scoring record at Villa is poor.

I would rather us bring in players like Matty Taylor and Omar Bogle who i know player in divisions below us but there scoring records are very good and they would give us different options, and there price is reported at 300,000 and 800,000 respectively, this maybe paper talk but even if they are double the amounts then in my opinion they represent better value with age etc.

[quote user="tricky974"]I thought that maybe McCormack may have done a job for us in the summer when his name was mentioned but this was at the same time that Assombalonga and Wells were being mentioned, and i would have preferred those players at the time.

This was for a couple of reasons the initial cost of the player and then the wages, the McCormack deal ended up being around the 20 million mark for transfer fee and wages alot of money with no real sell on as he was almost 32 which he now is.

Now i don''t know if it is true or not but it is reported that he is disruptive and that he doesn''t train well, on top of this his scoring record at Villa is poor.

I would rather us bring in players like Matty Taylor and Omar Bogle who i know player in divisions below us but there scoring records are very good and they would give us different options, and there price is reported at 300,000 and 800,000 respectively, this maybe paper talk but even if they are double the amounts then in my opinion they represent better value with age etc.[/quote]I would definitely rather have Assombalonga or Bogle.Probably more Bogle for me, its obvious we have two decent strikers in Cam and Oliviera, so I would prefer to see someone "up and coming" come into the squad, as opposed to someone who expects to be first choice.

I would say we have a superior player in the same sort of bracket with Oliveira.

He''s a technically gifted striker with an eye for a finish from anything up to 25yds who can hold on to the ball, and make things happen. The only thing he lacks where McCormack gains could arguably be his dead-ball skills, but we have an array of player who can take those.

I''d be really surprised if we were actually in for Ross.