Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

McCormack

King Crimson wrote

"I love the smell of hypocrisy in the morning"

You must surely be accustomed to it by now.

"lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)"

Perhaps, but if it wasn''t for Villa we''d have spent £9-10 million on him. And I''m sure we''d have agreed terms if villa were not involved. That would have been a huge outlay for another flop.

Who knows, he could have been a success here. But many were very sceptical and he could see the potential for a flop, yet the club appeared to make him the top target.

Bullet dodged, but seriously lucky in my opinion.

Not necessarily, even if we were the only one''s bidding he wouldn''t have to come to us, as we didn''t seem to be prepared to pay his wage demands it would''ve fell at the ''couldn''t agree personal terms'' hurdle.

[quote user="Iwans Big Toe"][quote user="morty"]No way do I want him anywhere near my club.And he has made himself practically unsellable, with his daft antics.[/quote]Let''s get one thing straight old boy, it''s not your club. It''s the cook''s. And I''m sure that if she (or even mum) like McCormack as a person he will be put on the expenses.

[/quote]Beware of pompus know it alls de-railing ur thread[:D]

So back in August the club were criticised for failing to match villas bid / wage offer (disappointed most people - me included- at the time)

5 months later the club is criticised for even daring to consider the player (despite the fact that his performances and attitude are surely far below what anyone could have expected)

Seems harsh.

[quote user="ThorpeCanary"]So back in August the club were criticised for failing to match villas bid / wage offer (disappointed most people - me included- at the time)

5 months later the club is criticised for even daring to consider the player (despite the fact that his performances and attitude are surely far below what anyone could have expected)

Seems harsh.[/quote]Not from me.  I criticised the club for getting rid of Hooper for a relatively small fee and then trying to sign McCormack for many millions more.  One criticism of Hooper was his lack of fitness, yet we are now trying to sign McCormack in spite of his widely reported fitness problems!!!???

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Iwans Big Toe"][quote user="morty"]No way do I want him anywhere near my club.And he has made himself practically unsellable, with his daft antics.[/quote]Let''s get one thing straight old boy, it''s not your club. It''s the cook''s. And I''m sure that if she (or even mum) like McCormack as a person he will be put on the expenses.

[/quote]Beware of pompus know it alls de-railing ur thread[:D][/quote]So that''s a fail.I think you''ll find my post is entirely on topic. The OP was about a rumour that we''ve made an enquiry about McCormack and my reply explained to you that your personal opinion him will not influence the clubs recruitment policy. However in the past we have apparently signed players based on Etty''s in depth knowledge of English footbal (Grant Holt). Now I''m not comparing RM to  Holty, but if the clubs hierarchy want to sign him and he wants to come he''ll be a Norwich player. That''s how transfers work.So there we are, it''s not even 10 am and you''ve learnt something new today. [:)]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="ThorpeCanary"]So back in August the club were criticised for failing to match villas bid / wage offer (disappointed most people - me included- at the time)

Seems harsh.[/quote]Not from me.  I criticised the club for getting rid of Hooper for a relatively small fee and then trying to sign McCormack for many millions more.  One criticism of Hooper was his lack of fitness, yet we are now trying to sign McCormack in spite of his widely reported fitness problems!!!???[/quote]McCormack scored 21 goals last season, how many did Hooper score?Not really sure why you are making the comparison.

The comparison is that they are both allegedly unfit/poor trainers, who upset the team balance in the dressing room.

Simples.

[quote user="Greavsy"]The comparison is that they are both allegedly unfit/poor trainers, who upset the team balance in the dressing room.

Simples.[/quote]Was Hooper a bad influence in the dressing room, you have evidence of this.Or are we having another day where you trail round every thread, and disagree with my every point?[:D]

[quote user="Iwans Big Toe"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Iwans Big Toe"][quote user="morty"]No way do I want him anywhere near my club.And he has made himself practically unsellable, with his daft antics.[/quote]Let''s get one thing straight old boy, it''s not your club. It''s the cook''s. And I''m sure that if she (or even mum) like McCormack as a person he will be put on the expenses.

[/quote]Beware of pompus know it alls de-railing ur thread[:D][/quote]So that''s a fail.I think you''ll find my post is entirely on topic. The OP was about a rumour that we''ve made an enquiry about McCormack and my reply explained to you that your personal opinion him will not influence the clubs recruitment policy. However in the past we have apparently signed players based on Etty''s in depth knowledge of English footbal (Grant Holt). Now I''m not comparing RM to  Holty, but if the clubs hierarchy want to sign him and he wants to come he''ll be a Norwich player. That''s how transfers work.So there we are, it''s not even 10 am and you''ve learnt something new today. [:)]

[/quote]So Delias mum has the final say.Great stuff mate[Y]

A lot of things have happened since we were last in for MCormack.

(1) The transfer budget is not as healthy as we probably assumed.

We have to "sell to buy."

(what state it would have been in by now had we lashed out on McCormack I dread to imagine.

(2) We have bought Oliveira. Dolly has been a success, plus Jerome has shown a recent up turn in form.

(3) McCormack, known to have "attitude" issues, has lived up to his reputation of being a bit of a bad apple at Villa. He has not justified his fee at Villa Park by performances on the field and there are even suggestions that the player is unfit. He misses training for seemingly flimsy reasons. He''s six months even older.

I do not think that I am the only one who is quite astounded by reports that Neil''s continues to be interested in this player and would hope that they are untrue.

Should they actually be true, then I would GUESS that a potential McCormack signing would be one of the most unpopular signings in the history of our club as far as the fans were concerned, especially as it would likely take up a very large chunk of the Brady money.

Besides, strengthening the defence even further is more important (Angus McDonald anybody?) and even if we were to add to the strike force (fairly necessary as well) it should be with a promising, and younger, player plucked from the lower leagues.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Greavsy"]The comparison is that they are both allegedly unfit/poor trainers, who upset the team balance in the dressing room.

Simples.[/quote]Was Hooper a bad influence in the dressing room, you have evidence of this.Or are we having another day where you trail round every thread, and disagree with my every point?[:D][/quote]

I have as much evidence he was, as you do that he wasn''t.

I have as much info from inside the club as you.

Where did I disagree with you, merely posted a response on a public forum. Isn''t that how these things work?

Kinda up to you if you believe everything you read on the internet though Broady, isn''t it?Really, taking a very big step back, does your logic tell you that us being interested in McCormack, is likely?

Morty:-

"Kinda up to you if you believe everything you read on the internet though Broady, isn''t it?

Really, taking a very big step back, does your logic tell you that us being interested in McCormack, is likely?"

Eh! Read my posting again before you jump in.

My exact words were:-

"I do not think that I am the only one who is quite astounded by reports that Neil''s continues to be interested in this player and would hope that they are untrue."

Nb. "reports."

Nb. "would hope that they are untrue."

Hardly "believing everything" on the internet.

Comprehension dear boy. Comprehension.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Morty:-

"Kinda up to you if you believe everything you read on the internet though Broady, isn''t it?

Really, taking a very big step back, does your logic tell you that us being interested in McCormack, is likely?"

Eh! Read my posting again before you jump in.

My exact words were:-

"I do not think that I am the only one who is quite astounded by reports that Neil''s continues to be interested in this player and would hope that they are untrue."

Nb. "reports."

Nb. "would hope that they are untrue."

Hardly "believing everything" on the internet.

Comprehension dear boy. Comprehension.[/quote]I hope they never actually found a double decker bus on the moon, I hope thats not true.Comprehension, indeed.

"I hope they never actually found a double decker bus on the moon."

Wow! Did they? What part of the moon was that?

Which do you think is more likely, that or Neil still hankering after McCormack?

I think the former personally. How about you?

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]"I hope they never actually found a double decker bus on the moon."

Wow! Did they? What part of the moon was that?

Which do you think is more likely, that or Neil still hankering after McCormack?

I think the former personally. How about you?[/quote]Only slightly.Very slightly.

Even though Villa are prepared to pay half it''s still a no from me.I can''t think why I made a comparison between Hooper and McCormack? [:^)]Ross McCormack, 5ft 9in striker, 30 years old, 3 goals in 20 appearances (1 goal in every 6.66 games ratio) for Villa, 38 goals in 89 appearances (1 goal in every 2.34 games ratio) for Fulham.  Combined goals to games ratio of the above, 41 goals in 109 appearances = 1 goal in every 2.65 games ratio.Gary Hooper, 5ft 11in striker, 29 years old, 18 goals in 46 appearances (1 goal in every 2.55 games ratio) for Wednesday, 18 goals in 64 appearances for Norwich (1 goal in every 3.55 games ratio) for Norwich.  Combined goals to games ratio of the above, 36 goals in 110 appearances = 1 goal in every 3.05 games ratio.Both players have also reportedly suffered fitness issues. 

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Even though Villa are prepared to pay half it''s still a no from me.I can''t think why I made a comparison between Hooper and McCormack? [:^)]Ross McCormack, 5ft 9in striker, 30 years old, 3 goals in 20 appearances (1 goal in every 6.66 games ratio) for Villa, 38 goals in 89 appearances (1 goal in every 2.34 games ratio) for Fulham.  Combined goals to games ratio of the above, 41 goals in 109 appearances = 1 goal in every 2.65 games ratio.Gary Hooper, 5ft 11in striker, 29 years old, 18 goals in 46 appearances (1 goal in every 2.55 games ratio) for Wednesday, 18 goals in 64 appearances for Norwich (1 goal in every 3.55 games ratio) for Norwich.  Combined goals to games ratio of the above, 36 goals in 110 appearances = 1 goal in every 3.05 games ratio.Both players have also reportedly suffered fitness issues.  [/quote]I was talking about their record last season.Are you saying we should have kept Hooper?

Oh Greavesey, just as well you''re not trailing round every thread, just to disagree with me.Let me help you out though, you need to up your game, I have been doing this for over 13 years now, and guys like you have come and gone, and I''m still here.[:)]