Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

McCormack

Read one report we have made a enquiry again for McCormack.

Surely no legs in this as he''s 30, and Villa would surely want to recoup as much of the £12m they paid for him. Plus surely we don''t have that sort of cash.

Nor wages.

I suspect it''s a non-starter, but it''s the opposite direction that our transfer policy need take now in any case.

We need seek out promising players from the lower leagues and probably with fewer years under their belt and certainly with a cheaper price tag.

Fulham''s players and staff are reported to have said they didn''t want him back on loan. He has been unprofessional at Villa. Why would we want this type of character in our dressing room?

He''ll probably go abroad now as he seems to have burnt his bridges here.

Villa will take a loss, the player will probably get paid as much, if not more and that will probably be the last we hear of his controversies.

We dodged a bullet for sure for it seemed to become clear that AN fancied a deal.

It does beg the question as to why he would have wanted to take on a reportedly disruptive influence though.

Broadstairs

It does beg the question as to why he would have wanted to take on a reportedly disruptive influence though.

Isn''t it a case Broadstairs of managers feeling they can manage them differently and therefor make it work ?, certainly don''t blame AN for considering him in the summer, and certainly glad now we didn''t get him.

Could not see us forking out the wages he would want ... also he appears to be the definition of a bad egg.

Much much rather go for Bogle if we are looking at strikers.

Possibly Lessingham, but the manger he has got on the wrong side of at Villa is Steve Bruce, no less.

A very experienced manager and one with a decent reputation for his handling of players.

I was quite keen on us signing him in the Summer and recall visiting some Fulham forums at the time.

Despite what he had achieved there there was quite a lot of negativity about the player which was mainly due to his attitude. "Cash in on the prima donna" was one comment that stood out

BroadstaiesR

Possibly Lessingham, but the manger he has got on the wrong side of at Villa is Steve Bruce, no less.

And i was really pleased that Steve Bruce spoke out and "named & shamed", when it may have been in his interests to keep quiet and try and move him on. Refreshing!

No way do I want him anywhere near my club.And he has made himself practically unsellable, with his daft antics.

McCormack is not the answer to convincing our supporters to renew season tickets. The next 48hours of the transfer window is crucial to define not only this season but where we are next season also.

Anyone forgotten "Promotion, promotion, promotion"?

I doubt Dr Death at Villa would be welcoming any interest from us, based on his twitter digs during the summer. Still, what goes around come around.

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]Omar Bogle 800k Quick, strong, two footed, young and hungry, no-brainer for me[/quote]

That''s a yes from me too. Get him in quick. Let Laff''s go, and we have a nice looking strikeforce

Doesn''t seem long ago that the fact that we were not prepared to pay him exorbitant wages well into his footballing dotage was a sign that we "lacked ambition." In fact it looks like 20+ million saved, the wage structure intact and a disruptive influence avoided.

[quote user=" Badger"]Doesn''t seem long ago that the fact that we were not prepared to pay him exorbitant wages well into his footballing dotage was a sign that we "lacked ambition." In fact it looks like 20+ million saved, the wage structure intact and a disruptive influence avoided. [/quote]Exactly.I think, including wages for the length of his contract (itself ridiculous) the whole thing totalled 23 million quid.

[quote user=" Badger"]Doesn''t seem long ago that the fact that we were not prepared to pay him exorbitant wages well into his footballing dotage was a sign that we "lacked ambition." In fact it looks like 20+ million saved, the wage structure intact and a disruptive influence avoided. [/quote]

Well it wasn''t through design that we missed out on him.

Another example of our terrible transfer strategy?

[quote user="Golden Coppel"][quote user=" Badger"]Doesn''t seem long ago that the fact that we were not prepared to pay him exorbitant wages well into his footballing dotage was a sign that we "lacked ambition." In fact it looks like 20+ million saved, the wage structure intact and a disruptive influence avoided. [/quote]

Well it wasn''t through design that we missed out on him.

Another example of our terrible transfer strategy?[/quote]Oh dear, really?Do you really believe that, or are you drama stirring again?We had a price we were willing to pay, and his price went beyond that, so we pulled out.Looks like our transfer strategy, in this particular case, was pretty spot on.

My understanding is that we wouldn''t pay him what he wanted, Lincoln, if this is the case, it is by design. Chris Sutton was very critical of the club about it - be interesting to see if he admits he got it wrong."Influence without responsibility - the prerogative of the pundit throughout the ages" - a horribly mashed-up adaption of the famous quotation.

[quote user=" Badger"]My understanding is that we wouldn''t pay him what he wanted, Lincoln, if this is the case, it is by design. Chris Sutton was very critical of the club about it - be interesting to see if he admits he got it wrong."Influence without responsibility - the prerogative of the pundit throughout the ages" - a horribly mashed-up adaption of the famous quotation.[/quote]

Perhaps, but if it wasn''t for Villa we''d have spent £9-10 million on him. And I''m sure we''d have agreed terms if villa were not involved. That would have been a huge outlay for another flop.

Who knows, he could have been a success here. But many were very sceptical and he could see the potential for a flop, yet the club appeared to make him the top target.

Bullet dodged, but seriously lucky in my opinion.

I''m still laughing at this tweet from a Villa fan with a sense of humour:

Kezz AVFC

‏@KezzAVFC

If #NCFC want Ross McGatestuck, it''ll take more than a pissed up Delia at his door shouting "Let''s be havin'' you" to wake him b4 noon. #AVFC

Would rather have Bogle or Taylor here than a player that is disruptive which is why villa want rid and Fulham font want.

[quote user="morty"]No way do I want him anywhere near my club.And he has made himself practically unsellable, with his daft antics.[/quote]Let''s get one thing straight old boy, it''s not your club. It''s the cook''s. And I''m sure that if she (or even mum) like McCormack as a person he will be put on the expenses.