Sign in to follow this  
OldRobert

Yanic Wildschut

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Scot-e-dog"]I would love to be proved wrong, but I just don''t see this happening now.

We don''t generally do business right at the end of the window....and if we do it''s normally in the other direction.

Fingers crossed this won''t be another bitterly disappointing window.[/quote]

I don''t remember us signing anyone of note late in recent windows. We have had a record recently of signing youth, but 1st teamers?

As I say, I''d love to be proved wrong, but despite all the good words from Moxey (3 of them and they wee all the same), I just don''t get the feeling that the club is really interested in taking a risk and pushing the boat out.

actually that''s not true.....its the norm for us to announce something after the window has "closed".....[/quote]

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zpsehebggj7.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zpsehebggj7.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Well that''s great. Can''t comment as I''ve not really seen much of him or heard of him as a player we''ve been linked with.

Will hope that he hits the deck running and is an improvement on a half hearted Brady.

A tad concerned that Wigan supporters on media are suprised they got 7 million for him, most saying he''s got pace but little end product......hopefully just hot air and we''ve got a bargain.

[quote user="Yellowhammer"]No not going to happen but lots of money in Delia bank[/quote]thankfully someone knows what is really a gorn on

"I think this is probably a done deal."

As I said.

I don''t post that frequently but when I do I''d like to think I do so with some gravitas.

Why announced so late, politics guys, politics.

Cheers All.

Politics you say Ray?

A disagreement over Brexit? An argument between his agent and Alex Neil over the West Lothian question?

Come on - spill the beans.

TL,

Because a late announcement keeps us happy?

IMO (read into that what you want) the deal was done way before the announcement.

Yeah it was pretty obvious the deal was always a fair way along earlier rather than a last minute rush.

Brilliant signing.

If you missed my earlier post, when he played here in September he totally embarrassed Russell Martin and gave him a torrid time. I''ve not forgotten him since. Class player.

[quote user="Striker"]Brilliant signing.

If you missed my earlier post, when he played here in September he totally embarrassed Russell Martin and gave him a torrid time. I''ve not forgotten him since. Class player.[/quote]

to be fair, we shouldn''t be using that as any sort of measure?!?

[quote user="Ray"]"I think this is probably a done deal."

As I said.

I don''t post that frequently but when I do I''d like to think I do so with some gravitas.

Why announced so late, politics guys, politics.

Cheers All.[/quote]perhaps a late announcement sounds like City ''really pulled it off'' against all odds, so keeping fans attention rather than announcing it a day early then having nothing on the 31stif that is the case then it sort of worked and we still have the playerso all''s well .....

I suppose it can''t really screw up when the deal is basically complete but it just reminds me of that thing you''d do as a kid where you are round the keeper and have ages to tap it in so you pause on the line to header it in on the floor! there''s always the slightest chance you screw up and look like a monumental idiot! I''d rather we get the deals done and announced as soon as they are ready to be.

We signed him on Monday but he''s been locked in the boot of Moxey''s car until we knew if we were getting any others in as this would have meant an earlier release and announcement.

This may have already been posted on the MB so apologies if so. He looks to be a really good signing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR5Ig3VTiDQ