Sign in to follow this  
Canary Jedi

The reason Neil is still manager is...

Which one of the following do you believe is true, or is there another reason? I am going for number 2:

1. The board genuinely believe that given time Neil will turn things around and get us promoted, and therefore will continue to back him

2. The board want Neil to go but are tied into a deal and cannot afford to sack him. They are hoping he will resign.

3. The board are waiting because they have identified a replacement (someone else currently in a job) and will then sack him when that person is available.

4. The board are waiting because they have no candidates to replace him with.

If number 2 is the truth then I can''t see Neil resigning because he''ll miss out on a big payout. Neil seems to be hanging in there.

Combination of 1 and 2. I suspect Moxey can see that he''s not up to it but I think the deluded duo on the board probably still think he''s talented and its all down to the players. I think they want to allow him to break up the squad and rebuild it.

I think its sort of 1, but down to Delia just liking AN a lot and being taken in by (1) deluded belief that there many excuses for the results (e.g. they haven''t had any luck, injuries, bad refs, silly sending offs, individual errors); (2) AN saying they are working hard and given time will turn it around; and (3) plain stubbornness that NCFC should buck this trend of short termism where other clubs sack underperforming managers quickly (whereas we seem to happily let it get to a stage where it is irremediable before actually doing anything about it).

AN seemingly hasn''t the dignity to resign, he wants his money.

"AN seemingly hasn''t the dignity to resign, he wants his money."

They could come to an agreement as I seem to remember it being said about the "resignation" of Neil Adams.

If it gets too hot for Neil then he might well welcome such a compromise just to get out.

Lack of ambition and with our much lauded community focus it makes little difference playing in league one because it''s much less greedy the lower down the pyramid you play.

Chemical bro: They don''t want to shell out the 2 million to sack him

They''re "hoping" he can turn it around

this ^^^^

I genuinely haven''t a clue as to me it seems unfathomable.

Deep down I would guess that they realise that promotion is out for this year and probably next and we have to start to build again.

They feel that AN is the man to do that, which is why I feel so dispirited as I couldn''t disagree more.

Definitely 1.

They think ''if Alex can get in a few warriors over January he can repeat what he did in 2005''.

I also think there''s an element of ''we aren''t going to become like everyone else and fire managers after just a few months of poor form. We take pride in giving our managers time - especially those who have brought us success previously''.

Look at Worthy ... he stayed over a full season after his relegation.

Another option, I think it''s No7 -- The board decided long ago that this was a good young manager, we should pay him well and keep him for up to 10 years. They''ve made that decision and ain''t gonna change it ! 

Sorry Cantiaci, but I don''t buy that... Lambert is coming to the Carra on saturday and he''s the only manager in the last decade who really got something out of the players... I know with wembley and all that you could think AN did that too...but there was never the drive like in the Lambert era... I don''t think he will ever get us going again...because in the transfer windows he''s been cr2p too , to say the least... I respect your optimism but can''t share it

I reckon AN knows the real identities of the Illuminati alien lizards at the club......and therefore retains his position and salary as manager, to keep his upper and lower mandibles firmly shut!

Mwahaha......Mwahaha.......MWAHAHA!

(A little conspiracy theory, never hurt no one).

I like others have no idea how he is still in a job AN reminds me of Boris the bullet dodger from snatch, we just cant seem to get rid of him no matter what.

Rotherhams manager is the fitness coach, I heard him talking on Talksport he doesnt even want the job, he is doing it to help out seems like a genuine guy and what he is good at doing is motivating the players.

He is obviously tactically astute aswell, how are we ever going to progress if backroom staff are better than our current manager.

I used to look at the fixtures and think we can win there and there and a point there and there, now the oppostion must look at Norwich and think we can get something there and do.

5.iv : It is to avoid unsettling the team ahead of the important cup tie at Southamption. Win that and Delia and Eddy Ballsup is back on the tv for 90minutes.

Sorry ROBFLECK I was describing what I believe the Board''s attitude is ... not mine!

I think we should have relieved Neil of his duties after the Leeds defeat. I don''t think he knows how to turn this nose dive around. He isn''t that fresh voice any more that ignited the fire in 2015.

A change can do no damage.

Pat Murphy, BBC Midlands football reporter

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/38250933

13:20 (time)

Norwich stand by boss Neil.

Despite nine defeats in the last 13 Championship matches, Norwich City are standing by their manager, Alex Neil.

I understand there are no plans to sack the manager who guided them to the Premier League in May, 2015. The belief at the club is that Neil will turn it round and that there''s a need for stability in the dressing-room.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Sorry Cantiaci, but I don''t buy that... Lambert is coming to the Carra on saturday and he''s the only manager in the last decade who really got something out of the players... I know with wembley and all that you could think AN did that too...but there was never the drive like in the Lambert era... I don''t think he will ever get us going again...because in the transfer windows he''s been cr2p too , to say the least... I respect your optimism but can''t share it[/quote]The main difference is that Lambert took over when we were literally, the only momentum to be had was an upwards one.He scarpered when he saw it stall.

[quote user="djc"]Pat Murphy, BBC Midlands football reporter

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/38250933

13:20 (time)

Norwich stand by boss Neil.

Despite nine defeats in the last 13 Championship matches, Norwich City are standing by their manager, Alex Neil.

I understand there are no plans to sack the manager who guided them to the Premier League in May, 2015. The belief at the club is that Neil will turn it round and that there''s a need for stability in the dressing-room.[/quote]Is that quote from today?

Morty.

Yes it is, Today at 13:20, bbc site (sorry, cant do the clicky link thingy though)

Alex Neil took a Chris Hughton/Neil Adams team to Wembley and won the play off final comprehensively outplaying a very solid and well organised team.

He takes his own team to Rotherham and loses to one put together on a shoestring at the bottom of the table by miles and run by their fitness coach.

From a to b has been a steady decline and the board are delusional for thinking that the trajectory is going to change anytime soon. Delia''s emotional attachment to the guy is so damaging to this club.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ROBFLECK"]Sorry Cantiaci, but I don''t buy that... Lambert is coming to the Carra on saturday and he''s the only manager in the last decade who really got something out of the players... I know with wembley and all that you could think AN did that too...but there was never the drive like in the Lambert era... I don''t think he will ever get us going again...because in the transfer windows he''s been cr2p too , to say the least... I respect your optimism but can''t share it[/quote]The main difference is that Lambert took over when we were literally, the only momentum to be had was an upwards one.He scarpered when he saw it stall.[/quote] AND he got a lot out of much lesser players than we are supposed to have now! Don''t forget who was in goal that day against Colchester etc...he really really got the best out of players and you can''t say that from this muppet!!! The players have to take some of the blame , but so does this manager! We''ve got the youthful players with potential , who really want to prove themselves, but he doesn''t play them! Lambert did and was ruthless when he saw the attitude wasn''t right!