Sign in to follow this  
Alan

£1.4 million FFS

That is one and a half times the average persons lifetime earnings. Is it fair on the average supporter.

McNally resigned . If I resign my job I get nothing.

[quote user="Alan"]That is one and a half times the average persons lifetime earnings. Is it fair on the average supporter.

McNally resigned . If I resign my job I get nothing.[/quote]If you resign your job and you haven''t taken all you holiday allowance will you get that paid for?

But have you turned a company with £25million debt, on the verge of administration, at its lowest point on the pitch for 50years into a profit making company with absolutely no debt in just 7 years?

Haven''t fact checked the above, so the numbers may be out, but £1.4million isnt a bad pay off to somebody who completely revitalized the club

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]But have you turned a company with £25million debt, on the verge of administration, at its lowest point on the pitch for 50years into a profit making company with absolutely no debt in just 7 years?

Haven''t fact checked the above, so the numbers may be out, but £1.4million isnt a bad pay off to somebody who completely revitalized the club[/quote]

Not many people get to run a company where sky just hand you £70m each year regardless of how you perform and then even continue to give you half that amount after you''ve screwed up and get relegated.

Football is a pretty unique business in that sense so comparisons with other companies and other industries are difficult I think.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Rogue Baboon"]But have you turned a company with £25million debt, on the verge of administration, at its lowest point on the pitch for 50years into a profit making company with absolutely no debt in just 7 years?

Haven''t fact checked the above, so the numbers may be out, but £1.4million isnt a bad pay off to somebody who completely revitalized the club[/quote]

Not many people get to run a company where sky just hand you £70m each year regardless of how you perform and then even continue to give you half that amount after you''ve screwed up and get relegated.

Football is a pretty unique business in that sense so comparisons with other companies and other industries are difficult I think.[/quote]

I suppose if he took over when we were in the Premier League your point would be relevant but we had some way to go before Sky gave us the money.

How much did Sky give us for being in League One?

The fact that we had the opportunity to bank 100''s of millions in Sky money over the last 4 or 5 years is down (in part) to McNally, like it or not

I do find it surprising that '' resignations '' often seem to come with some sort of pay-off. I always thought that if you resigned you didn''t get one.Yes, £1.4m sounds a lot to us ordinary Joe''s but McNally was operating in a high pressure environment with budgets of tens of millions. That said he was worth every penny for the financial good he achieved here.In the end I suppose he kind of ran out of steam at the end, just like managers. 

It is a ridiculous amount of money but then most depressing thing is it''s probably a drop in the ocean next to some other golden handshakes that go on in football.

Why did we run him out of the club in the first place again?

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]But have you turned a company with £25million debt, on the verge of administration, at its lowest point on the pitch for 50years into a profit making company with absolutely no debt in just 7 years?

Wasn''t that why he was getting a hefty salary every month? Why did he get a massive bonus when we were relegated?

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="Rogue Baboon"]But have you turned a company with £25million debt, on the verge of administration, at its lowest point on the pitch for 50years into a profit making company with absolutely no debt in just 7 years?

Wasn''t that why he was getting a hefty salary every month? Why did he get a massive bonus when we were relegated?[/quote]Becausehemetsomefinancialtargetsthatwereinhiscontract.OK?

As was explained when this was previously brought up earlier in the week the payment to McNally was more than likely in lieu of his notice period. In a position such as McNally''s was the notice period is generally a relatively long time from both parties and to enable McNally to leave immediately his notice period will have been paid up. If you look at the figure it equates to about 18 months which is not unusual for a position like this. Whether its right is another question and his bonus on our previous relegation was disgusting.

Its obvious the guy did not resign he was for the chop and he got a handsome pay off as so many have done from this club over the years. It also explains why we have not heard a peep out of him since he went , probably a confidentiality clause in the settlement

It''s not that difficuly to understand, he had a contract and when he resigned he got what his contract says.When I resigned from my last job I was paid for hours I had worked that would have been deferred until the end of the financial year, I took the pension money as a lump sum and I was paid for the holidays that I hadn''t taken as that is what my contract said.

Looking on the bright side, £1.4m is probably a small price to pay if it''s true that we''d be in a bigger mess if he''d stayed. We did well when Lambert was in charge, but we''ve been feeling the hangover since McNally got $h1tfaced in the Tombland area.