Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Edwards

We keep looking all over Europe, why not give...

Ricky Martin a chance in the top job. He''s been instrumental in everything that has been good about the club for as long as I can remember. The Play Off final, the FA Youth cup and numerous winning games.

If Neil HAS to go, we could do far worse than look from within like we did with Walker and Stringer.

The Man from Mulbarton could well be the answer. I would love it if we appointed him into a managerial role provided he had support from some old hands such as Dave Stringer or Bruce Rioch.

Please tell me you are a wind-up merchant. You mention Walker and Stringer from way back when... No mention of what happened with two more recent appointments from within, namely Gunn and Adams.

I recently stumbled on a clip of an interview Ricky Martin gave at the time of his appointment to the football board. Put Ricky Martin Norwich City into Google and it will come up. I find it hard to imagine a less impressive interview by somebody appointed to a key position. In a short interview of just three or four minutes, he announced his new job title as Technical Director and then proceeded to mention it a further five times. Add to this the liberal use of management speak clichés picked up from God knows where and the whole thing was little short of a joke. Lots of shaping blank sheets of paper, best in class and more mentions of being really excited than a normal being could handle.

When further description of his new role suggested that he was to become Neil Adams''s Baldric, the true importance of the position was somewhat devalued.

Thoughts of appointing an inarticulate version of Neil Adams should help ensure Alex Neil is left in place a while longer.

Til will be alright norfolkngood. The thing is i know Duncan better than most on here. Mind you The Man from Mulbarton is good at pressing the flesh if you visit Colney, serves a mean cup of tea and ask how Rays Funds is doing. Not too sure what else he does though.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Ricky Martin a chance in the top job. He''s been instrumental in everything that has been good about the club for as long as I can remember. The Play Off final, the FA Youth cup and numerous winning games.

If Neil HAS to go, we could do far worse than look from within like we did with Walker and Stringer.[/quote]

....and Deehan, Megson and Adams...