Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

OT - It's Not Only The Fans That Are Fickle

I just finished watching Manchester City against Barcelona. Admittedly, during the first half Barcelona were dominating possession and leading 1-0. The commentators injected phrases such as the following:
  • What a wonderful display by Barcelona
  • This is the level that Manchester City aspire to but are nowhere near it currently...perhaps one day
  • City does have a wonderful Academy but it has miles to go
  • The City players look bemused at what they are facing
  • Stones is young and inexperienced but will learn to improve in the future
Obviously, as the second half began there was a complete turnaround which clearly had been provided from the input of Guardiola. The commentators "forgot" their first half rhetoric and waxed eloquent on the Manchester City 3-1 win....
  •  City were pressing high with tremendous energy
  • Wonderful counter attacks from City
  • Barcelona looks nervous at the back

At least Man City have a manager than can make those sort of changes, rather than having one, that at 3-0 down, is happy to settle for accepting that as the final score...

"IndyBones"

At least Man City have a manager than can make those sort of changes, rather than having one, that at 3-0 down, is happy to settle for accepting that as the final score...

I wish we had the best manager on the planet. And about 200 million pounds worth of players.

[quote user="Herman"]I wish we had the best manager on the planet. And about 200 million pounds worth of players.[/quote]Don''t we all, but I''ll happily settle for a team that actually tries to get a result when losing, with a manager that isn''t just going to settle for a 3-0 loss instead of even attempting to get a goal (or three) back...It''s not about how much money Man City have, or even about Pep as manager, it''s about us having a manager that can''t influence a game to save his job, with players that now give up, instead of fighting tooth and nail like they did under someone like Lambert (not asking for his return either btw)...