A very good player who was amazingly defensively blind.

For Vadis it was Hoolahan''s position or nothing. I would say we made the right choice.

[quote user="Mason 47"]A very good player who was amazingly defensively blind.

For Vadis it was Hoolahan''s position or nothing. I would say we made the right choice.[/quote]Not so sure - we have many intricate ball players but are too lightweight for this division when played together - Vadis was a big and skilful unit - something we could really do with right now - as well as Gary O.Neill back please

He didn''t do enough defensively.

And we pride ourselves on our excellent defensive play.

GJP wrote the following post at 02/11/2016 8:56 PM:

He didn''t do enough defensively.

And we pride ourselves on our excellent defensive play. "

Our defence is as tight as a gnat''s chuff!

[quote user="Haggerdoo"][quote user="Mason 47"]A very good player who was amazingly defensively blind.

For Vadis it was Hoolahan''s position or nothing. I would say we made the right choice.[/quote]Not so sure - we have many intricate ball players but are too lightweight for this division when played together - Vadis was a big and skilful unit - something we could really do with right now - as well as Gary O.Neill back please[/quote]I agree in the first instance, but for a big player he was quite lightweight. In the couple of games he played last season, we got shredded through midfield despite his obvious attacking talents. Defensively, he was never really at the races which contributed to his low appearances IMO, aside his poor injury record.As I said I think we made the right choice- any player can stick their foot through a ball; I''ve seen 38-yo overweight numpties smack a top-corner drive home from 30 yards at local level. For me, it''s a case of Vadis in the Hoolahan position where defending isn''t paramount, or not at all. And I would say Hoolahan contributes more per appearance than VOO did.For the record, I actually thought he was going to be a revelation. Then again, I thought David Strihavka was gonna be, too.

[quote user="Mason 47"]For the record, I actually thought he was going to be a revelation. Then again, I thought David Strihavka was gonna be, too.[/quote]Don''t be too hard on yourself.......there''s plenty on here including me who RVW was going to be the dog''s b*llocks [:D]

Am I the only one who remembers Bournemouth away last year?

Completely incompetent player! He was good with the ball at his feet but had no final ball and it was like playing with 10 men when the opposition had the ball! He wasn''t as good as Redmond offensively and was even bloody worse tracking back and joining the team shape off the ball. It was him, Redmond and Howson for the right AM spot last year and AN rightly used him sparingly.

He had some ability sure, but I can''t think of many players less suited to the Championship than him either. Good to see him doing well, but he was never gonna make it over here.

Another player who gets better the longer it is since he played for us. See also Declan Rudd, Kyle Lafferty, Luciano Becchio and Arturo Lupoli.

Liked what I saw of him, especially away at Everton in the cup last season.

But it was obvious he could only do it in bursts, and never really looked like cementing a first team spot. I guess his injury problems didn''t help.