Sign in to follow this  
CJ

Are the players simply not fit enough?

I know the usual posters will have a go so tin helmet on here we go!

Sometimes a simple look at the stats can reveal a lot. I think most fans will recognise that this season more than any other our second half performances have been poor. The goal stats verify that

First half. Second half

6 - 0. 6-6. Home

8 - 5. 6-13. Away

14-5. 12-19. Total

Closer inspection shows that our relative best period is around ten minutes into each half, our worst period is around ten minutes from end of each half.

I know this is very simple view but having reffed for many a year I know that corresponds to the periods where I feel great in terms of fitness and when I really struggle to keep up with play.

Has AN really got the players fit enough for ninety minutes , certainly the Brighton game shows a dramatic contrast between halves which all the recent games have reflected fulham 2-0 up Leeds go 2-1 up against ten players in extra time and still end up losing.

I believe that they are nowhere near fit enough. Conceding late goals has been a key downfall of ours since Neil joined

May explain why we were running less distance than other teams last season. And why we went to the very end of games under Lambert

It certainly seems that way and there really is no excuse for it!

I wonder what the Technical director thinks of this?

The more I look at this the more convinced I become that at some fundamental level AN is failing. Most pundits admit we have a very talented squad one of the best in league , however throughout season they have only performed well in short periods of game usually at start to mid point of half.

Maybe I just remember the Saunders era whose basic theory was I have good skilful players all I need do is make sure they can run for ninety minutes!

Fed up with hearing that some players are tired or need a rest. They are pro`s that spend all their time keeping fit. Don`t understand how when we buy a player it always takes them six weeks to get `match fit` , clearly something wrong with our coaching, think our performances at the moment reflect what`s going on at colney. Poor coaching = poor results.

Agree fitness levels poor. Hence spells of concentration going missing.

Think it was Eadie that said this squad was the most unfit Norwich side he had seen for years.

That said, surely this is an indictment of the Sports Science guys, as opposed to the ''football coaches''.

Well, I don''t think I''ve ever seen anything as bad as the second half of Wigan at home. Everyone looked completely spent, which is shocking to say. At home. Professional footballers!

Also, let''s not forget all those injuries we keep getting...

Perhaps it explains why new recruits take so long to get up to required fitness levels, I was thinking new players had to go up a level, when actually they have to put on a few kilo''s. :-)

As a fitness guru I have to say the team are struggling

Before the Birmingham game there was a London journalist commenting on the poor breakfast choose they had on the morning of the match

I for one could show them how to get the body beautiful and stay in peek fitness for the months ahead

[quote user="The young canary"]As a fitness guru I have to say the team are struggling

Before the Birmingham game there was a London journalist commenting on the poor breakfast choose they had on the morning of the match

I for one could show them how to get the body beautiful and stay in peek fitness for the months ahead[/quote]It must be the 10,000 calories a day diet you are on young un.

[quote user="The young canary"]

I for one could show them how to get the body beautiful and stay in peek fitness for the months ahead[/quote]I know your secret.
Image may contain: table

As we''ve seen from Klose'' team photo our players are all ripped. I''ve never seen some of them, like Hoolahan and Jerome looking so trim and muscular.

Given that we tend to start like a train-finish poorly, get a load of injuries, take ages to get players ''up to speed'' etc wouldn''t it be more logical to assume AN is actually overworking them physically?

Or if not that could he be focusing too much on explosive power as opposed to stamina? (to put it very basically)

Given that he''s never worked with a squad at this level before us so has little to gauge against and obviously cares so much about this job it might well be that he''s pushing them too hard.

I have some doubts about AN as a tactician but I seriously doubt AN would tolerate anyone being remotely unfit-as in underworking.

Also look at our players in the summer who played in the Euro''s, at training camps where they focus more on the technical and tactical side of football to avoid breaking players down after a long season all our boys looked fit and refreshed.

I dunno. I''m sure that something''s not right though