Sign in to follow this  
Woodman

Who gave up?

[quote user="norfolkngood"]well i think we had enough defenders in fact set up with 7 players in defence and 4 attckers !

the balance is wrong how can a team player with GK

4 defenders 2 DM conceded so many goals

problem is with that the 4 attacking players are outnumbered and the ball does not stick up front so pushes up backwards

i think the the players saw this and confronted the manager at half time and the captain stuck up for him at full time[/quote]

What''s a bit perplexing is that our 4-2-3-1 has worked well in some games this season. Dorrans has looked fine to me, as has Tettey, but perhaps we need to think about just one in that position, then 4 behind a lone striker, so 4-1-4-1. Not sure how Wes fits into that system though. Howson is a big miss, but we ought to have enough without him.

Worked better with Jonny Howson. You don''t always see what he brings to the team. A huge miss. I guess Mulumbu could cover of he was fit. Poor man''s cover but better than none.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Worked better with Jonny Howson. You don''t always see what he brings to the team. A huge miss. I guess Mulumbu could cover of he was fit. Poor man''s cover but better than none.[/quote]What...........Mulumbo is not fit. Whenever did that happen ? [:P]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Worked better with Jonny Howson. You don''t always see what he brings to the team. A huge miss. I guess Mulumbu could cover of he was fit. Poor man''s cover but better than none.[/quote]Even when Mulumbu is physically fit he''s still not fit for purpose.

It has worked fine with Tettey and Dorrans at times but the pair have limitations that they share, which makes them very easy to plan against.

A common sight at the moment is the ball floundering out to one of the two for a wild strike about 30 yards out, after we''ve crossed into a box where Jerome is marked 5 against 1. When they''re then inevitably baited further forward in an effort to aid the attack, they''ll get stuck in a foot race against usually less talented opponents that outrun or outnumber them.

After that you just have to get our lumbering defence turned around facing our own goal, and we''re dogmeat. Losing Howson, who can pop up in the opposition box just as often as chasing down a breaking striker, has been the real blow here.

I like this post. I think you''ve also missed out that usually one of/both the fullbacks in attack make it easier for a team to counter attack us.

When you go away to a team like Brighton you would think the tactics used at home would be altered in some shape or form because you know they''ll attack. I''ve been saying this since the start of last season - sometimes attack can be defence. If you have 2 strikers occupying the other teams defence you automatically make it harder for a team to pass at the back, defend in the box from crosses and you press their goalkeeper (like Brighton did). The 3 behind Jerome on a good day at home will definitely support and get goals, no doubt, but when they have a bad day (easier away) that is going to be a nightmare.

My thought is either 442 or 4141.

Ruddy

Pinto, Martin, Klose, Olsson

Jacob, Thompson, Dorrans, Brady

Jerome, Oliveira

[quote user="andrew norwichcity"]I like this post. I think you''ve also missed out that usually one of/both the fullbacks in attack make it easier for a team to counter attack us.

When you go away to a team like Brighton you would think the tactics used at home would be altered in some shape or form because you know they''ll attack. I''ve been saying this since the start of last season - sometimes attack can be defence. If you have 2 strikers occupying the other teams defence you automatically make it harder for a team to pass at the back, defend in the box from crosses and you press their goalkeeper (like Brighton did). The 3 behind Jerome on a good day at home will definitely support and get goals, no doubt, but when they have a bad day (easier away) that is going to be a nightmare.

My thought is either 442 or 4141.

Ruddy

Pinto, Martin, Klose, Olsson

Jacob, Thompson, Dorrans, Brady

Jerome, Oliveira[/quote]

Well some of us know they will attack.....however others namely Alex Neil comes out in hos prematch presser making bold statements like ''it will be attack against defence''......wrong again Alex !