Sign in to follow this  
koimatsuba

Man Utd, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Arsenal, Chelsea and Norwich! I don't think so!

Hi ....

Just look at the england side .....

Its full of Premership, La Liga etc players.

Is there any chance that even if Dean Ashton or Robert Green were playing out of thier skins they would be picked!!!

I don''t think so! Yes Robert got 45 mins against USA. Great, but I''m afraid it just goes to show when Chris Kirland from West Brom! Can take Greenos Second spot from right under his nose. Its the same with Ashton. If he was playing for a Prem Club, even with his goal tally at present he would be in the squad. If peter Crouch can be in the squad without scoring yet this season! But hes Liverpool!!!

Same with Bent ... under 21''s with Ipswich .... Full squad with Chalrton!

Oh well ...

Perhaps poor old Robert Green will now realise that unless he moves this jan he may not ever play for England. Unless Norwich get back to the prem! Oh god thats another topic!

Well lets see what these over-paid, 90 mins a week, oh I''ve got a blister, wheres my sponsored white football boots, talk to my agent, footballers can do on Saturday.

Come on Crouch and Bent!

Are you Danny Murphy in disguise???  Bent in a manure, arsenal or ''pool shirt would be starting this weekend given his form - Murphy would surely have made the squad of an underperforming Jermaine Jenas?

Its sad but true - without prem exposure at the top clubs these players will not make the starting 11 - (heard a rumour for a mutual acquaintence of Greeno that when he asked why he was not on the bench for the last qualifiers clemence responded by saying that if James had not opened his big mouth Greeno would not even have been in the squad) despite being far better players than those that are there.

Green is undoubtedly in my view a better and more consistent keeper than Kirkland and James but clearly not in clemences and ors eyes. (Martyn is the only other option behind Robinson for me and I would have him as second keeper despite his age, for the last 18 months he has been outstanding)  Ashton has as must potential as Bent or Crouch and outscored both over the last couple of seasons.   But that is the way of life, let alone football.

Both players have the ability to make the England squad but probably not with city in the prem and definitely not with city in the champs - that is why it is inevitable, understandable and right that both will leave next summer if we do not get promoted and why we need to be in the play off at least by Jan to stop them leaving sooner.

OTBC

I think it is an issue Sven has. After the World Cup, although he is contracted until 2008, I think we all know, or assume/hope that he will be on his way. That leaves the position open, and who''s to say the new manager won''t only pick Man U Aresenal etc. players. If the next manager is Curbishley/Allardyce I believe they will play players for merit and not for the shirt they wear. Sven has an issue that he plays people playing in the Champions League, with the VERY odd exception. I just hope that the England futures of our prized assets lie in a City shirt

OTBC

P.S. Remember when Huckerby was linked with Liverpool last January??? Maybe he''d be on the left wing now if it had happened.

I agree totally with both of your comments.

Forgot about Huckerby and Liverpool link last Jan. Yes he would be in the ''SQUAD''. May not play but would be inthe squad.

Hope the rumour about Greeno and James mentioned by you was untrue. Greeno should be their on his merits. Greeno is a great stopper of the ball. With lightning reactions. He may not command his box like some other keepers, when we were in the prem. But he seems to be putting in right this year. May be because the defense has tighten up a lot with Davenport and The doc duo.

I for one would love to see both Green and Ashton playing for England. Both are totally capable, Ashton reminds me of a young old fashion striker like shearer of old (1996). When he shoots you know its going to be in or Bl**dy close.

Oh well theres nothing we can do about it. Like the prem div of today the England team is about image. That means sponsors/new shirts/david beckham/ and lots of money. The hype looks good on posters and Tv adverts etc but deep down its slowy starting to make the Prem div boring and very predictable. WHos going to win the FA cup / Coca Cola Cup/ League Champ the next 3,5,10 years. emmmmmmmmmmmm! let me think ........ thats hard! (NOT)

Not Norwich thats for sure. (unless Delai sells a BL**dy lots of DVD''s and Books, or decides to become an oil tycoon!)

Lets try and enjoy the game saturday, MAYBE Green might be in the team?

LOL