Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

So, are we going to get back to winning ways?

Much of the Yorkie press either predicts a narrow win for Leeds or a draw. I think this could be one of those games when there is of course much at stake and where Leeds will try and contain us like mad for the first 30 / 40 minutes knowing that if we haven''t scored by half time then the crowd might turn. Then it could be ''advantage Leeds,. Do people think that is what Monk will be telling his team?

Then, We will be out of the blocks quickly and Neil will have told his players to put back the Brighton reverse in no small measure by showing the crowd what they are about.....could end up in frantic play where it''s a lot of endeavour but little penetration....but then we also face an ex keeper out to make life very difficult. Green could be 10% sharper....why wouldn''t he be?

So this is one scenario that we have seen so many times. I think however that we will shave it. 2-1. Goals perhaps coming later?

Otbc, nmtd, sonyc.

The onus is on us to attack, being the home team, but the danger if we are too attacking is that we will see a similar

performance to previious weeks, where we get a goal or two ahead and

then struggle or even lose the game.  So in a way I would rather the game be a cagy affair that ends 0-0 or us scraping a 1-0 with honour being restored to the players for being a bit more disciplined defensively - they need to show they can do it.   

We''ve conceded 24 goals so far........If we can stop the rot then we will return to winning ways.......If we''re unsuccessful in stopping that rot?........Then sadly, it''ll be a return to ''whining ways''.......

Potentially a good week to play us; confidence shot, weakened midfield. Large away support will at least make the atmosphere more noisy and poisonous. I just can''t see a win to be honest, but I hope I''m wrong. We''ll learn a lot about Neil and his influence on the players today and move forward from there.

''1-4, Lambert returns, promotion follows, top half the year after than then Europe here we come. ''

Ignoring the prediction for today, this is wildly optimistic. Who are you and what have you done with Highland Canary?

Not sure what we are going to be served up today at CR but the cook is going to know about it if it isn''t hot and tasty! OTBC

First goal will be crucial, if we go behind we don''t have the fight in our players to get back.

1-1 for me.

It could go one of two ways.

AN revamps the side and they stroll to a convincing victory thus enhancing their promotion credentials. Crowds stream out of CR with new found optimism and full of pre Xmas cheer.

or

The same old failures fail in the same old way with a stubborn manager unable to halt the decline. Thousands boo as the reality of a lost season sinks in

You choose.

After 8 home games this season we have only managed 2 clean sheets and they were in the first 2 games. Stating the obvious but we really need a clean sheet to get anything from today''s game. I think we may do it , thus a 1-0 win for us.

I think we''ll win

Don''t think Leeds will make it easy for us!

2-1/3-2 something like that

Hold on to your butts