Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Norwich v Leeds match thread

Here''s the starting line up...

TEAM: McGovern; Martin (c), Bennett, Klose, Olsson; Thompson; Brady, Dorrans, Hoolahan, Pritchard; Jerome. #ncfc

I guess you give the guys a chance to turn it round themselves, show they ''get'' it.....though you''d have thought a couple of players will be somewhat disappointed at not starting (primarily Ruddy).

Isn''t that basically the same XI minus Tettey? God help us!

Well that looks like virtually the same team except for the enforced change of Thompson for Tettey. It''s an attack minded line up. Still it would seem Alex N is potentially here for up to 10 years reading Delia today so he can choose who he wants! Let''s now see if they put right quite a few wrongs!!

When Ruddy has had rough patches AN has kept him in the side, so a consistent decision here, McGovern has only had one bad game-though it was a shocker!

The thing is, Brighton was this lots chance to show some fight after Preston and they failed. Lots of big talk from AN in the aftermath but no real action. It could work out and our quality shows through but I''m not hopeful

[quote user="AJ"]Isn''t that basically the same XI minus Tettey? God help us![/quote][:D]McGovern and Bennett should have been warming the bench as well at least.

IT shows 2 things, either he is backing the 10 that need to out things right or he is sticking to the same old, same old. Which means if all goes to plan then it''s ok. If we fold the crowd could conceivably be very agitated.

What must Ruddy be thinking? Can''t for the life of me see how McGovern keeps his spot after last week. The defence our hands are pretty tied so understandable.

Despite the 2 penalties at Fulham, we never looked like scoring from open play - yet the basically the same team selection has prevailed. Understandable when it''s a winning team but arguably it hasn''t been that for several weeks, despite the results. Glad that Thompson is in but Naismith will never be match fit if he''s only ever played in the dying stages. key today IMO will be Klose''s and McGovern''s performance.

[quote user="Tetteys Jig"]What must Ruddy be thinking? Can''t for the life of me see how McGovern keeps his spot after last week. The defence our hands are pretty tied so understandable.[/quote]

What must Ruddy be thinking? Probably - "If only I didn''t keep letting in soft goals myself whenever I get a chance to play, AN might have put me back in today"   [:|]

re: comments on Ruddy - he didn''t exactly cover himself in glory against Leeds in the cup, did he?

[quote user="The young canary"]Alex what is the happy clappy view of the team 😄[/quote]

Haha, not sure mate! I thought Canos might get a chance today, he appears to have the hunger and desire that was sorely missing last week and dare I say it but in other games leading up to Brighton, but he''s not even on the bench... I reckon Lambert would''ve played him anyway 😉. As it''s basically the same 11, I''m guessing AN has told them this is your chance now to prove to me you have the character to bounce back - but that''s the big question, and I expect a response otherwise I will totally understand if folks go mental on here later this afternoon - on paper, it''s a match winning team anyway but I''d have made a few other changes, that''s for sure. OTBC

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Tetteys Jig"]What must Ruddy be thinking? Can''t for the life of me see how McGovern keeps his spot after last week. The defence our hands are pretty tied so understandable.[/quote]

What must Ruddy be thinking? Probably - "If only I didn''t keep letting in soft goals myself whenever I get a chance to play, AN might have put me back in today"   [:|]

[/quote]

[Y]

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Does anyone know if there is a stream today?[/quote]

Radio only:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/norwichfirst