Sign in to follow this  
The young canary

Awful awful sad sad news

Lambert wouldn''t come back here with this board, yep Bowkett & McNally are gone but he''s an experienced manager and would be coming to another Blackburn, lack of funds, ageing players, players who want out and big expectations from the fans.

Wolves is a far better job.

I doubt even a few more losses would see AN lose his job, he''s here till January and after I believe.

Completely agree Indy.

Wolves are a sleeping giant whereas we''re like a dormouse on steroids. We''ve had our brief fling with success and now the steroid enhanced muscles we''ve been flexing will quickly turn to fat.

Coming back here would have been a backward step for Lambert, even from unemployment.

Steroids are a particularly good analogy because it fits nicely with the apparent impotence of our playing squad and the Billy Big Balls attitude towards the fans of the club in general.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]I wish we were Wolves....[/quote]

I bet you do!

I suspect Lambert will lead Wolves to a materially higher finishing position than Neil will for us. A desperately depressing day for any City fan who wishes to watch premier league football next season.

I am sure your shrine will help you get through this young canary.

or you an simply buy an old gold shirt to see first hand his beatification as his the patron saint of fond yesteryears.

Can''t believe what I''m reading!

Yes Wolves are a bigger club than us, but that''s only because the won the league back in the dark ages. For a manager in this day and age the difference between is and Wolves is pretty much nothing.

Wolves are not a sleeping giant, they''re pretty much us with a rich owner and a couple of extra 1000 capacity that they never fill. Lambert went there because they had a vacancy and he knows he''ll have plenty to spend.

He didn''t pick them over us for a start but even if he did it would''ve been because of the funds they have, the lower expectation and because he has no history with them. It has nothing to do with how big of a club they are xD

If Lambert goes to Wolves while we soldier on with the Dead Man Walking that is Alex Neil this will confirm theparalysis that normally afflicts our club when any hard decision needs to be made by the Board. Neil is a very poor imitation ofan effective manager from the ''Eddie the Eagle School of Management'' for technically limited wannabes. Lambert was the most successful manager we have seen in decades and has been available for months.  Neil is finished here and increasing numbers of the crowd and dressing room can see it. There is no way back for him from a year of decline. He has taken the club full circle and his stats are now around the same or worse than Adams. The Board should show some decisiveness, get rid before Neil does yet more damage and get some quality management back into the club.

Really cannot se that Lambert going to Wolves is good news we have a Manager who is devoid of idea''s and who had he picked the right side last season and used subs in the correct way we would still be in The Premiership with all the perks for players but not for supporters. Personally cannot see much advantage for fans playing in a league that is way above the ability of this crowd of has beens down here.

Naismith and Mulumbu spring to mind would think both cannot believe their luck at having a Manager who has not a clue handing them £30000 plus a week for sitting on their arses.

C|OUPLE OF WASTERS who are taking the piss at genuine supporters who pay their wages

[quote user="Indy"]Wolves is a far better job.[/quote]I couldn''t agree more. They have a much more illustrious history than us, League champions three times in the fifties and FA Cup winners in 1960. Twice in administration and heroes like Kevin Muskat. Only one manager so far this season for their mega-rich foreign investors. Yep, I''ve had enough of NCFC, I''ll join you in supporting Wolves Indy.C''MON you gold scum. [:S]

Love the way certain posters decide to corrupt a statement, it is on paper an exciting opportunity for any manager than replacing AN.

Some people are so scared of change, they''d rather watch other clubs progress while we sit happy with our lot.

And I say good for you.

[quote user="Donkey dangler"]I am sorry to bring you bad news however unless we sell Brady and / or Klose in the January transfer window I can''t see NCFC spending alot in that window[/quote]Seems like Brady and Klose are fixed assets then Tangy. [:D]

The board will sit there on saturday after having been beaten by Leeds and regret not sacking Neil sooner and welcoming Paul Lambert home.The only reason Neil is still here is because he''s Delia''s little pet. She''s emotionally attached to him and probably refers to him as Mr Nibbles in private.

Leonard Rowntree wrote the following post at 02/11/2016 8:18 PM:

"The board will sit there on saturday after having been beaten by Leeds and regret not sacking Neil sooner and welcoming Paul Lambert home.

The only reason Neil is still here is because he''s Delia''s little pet. She''s emotionally attached to him and probably refers to him as Mr Nibbles in private."

Delia''s tasty niblets would be too much for most men to turn down.

Talking of Wolves, just seen this belter of an article about Stale Solbakken and his time there...

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10641009/stale-solbakken-says-taking-championship-jobs-is-stupid

"If you are so stupid to take a job there then you have to take the blame. I wouldn''t have done it again.

"This is not a [ex-Wolves owner] Steve Morgan conference, but I''m happy not to look into his iPad to watch players.

"It''s a difficult league to manage in. When the crowd are managing many of the games, they want to see chances.

"I have seen so many brainless Championship games, both live and on the bench."

[quote user="The young canary"]Looks like Lambert is off to Wolves

Once again our inept board have shot the club in the foot big style

When Neil goes after Saturday they need to go over soon afterwards[/quote]

Lambert off to Wolves? What a massive relief. We''ve dodged one there, big style.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]I can feel a boo coming on but am doing my best to suppress the urge.[/quote]Pack it in Crafty as i would hate for you to be called a numpty. [:D]