Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Lambert red hot favourite for Wolves

According to the daily mail on line.

They could be wrong, as their reporting is not often 100%

One thing is for sure, his years here were the most exciting we will ever see. Always felt you got value for your money in those heady days.

Always felt it was worthwhile going to away games then. Not anymore!!

If we lose out on the Messiah to Wolves then really it has to be the end of the Stowmarket 2 they can''t hope to possibly survive

My only hope is that the daily mail is so unreliable

[quote user="Bradwell canary"]According to the daily mail on line.

They could be wrong, as their reporting is not often 100% ![/quote]

[:)]

He''ll last about 6 months at the Wolffs.

Some people really do need to move on and actually formulate a new idea (although that may be difficult for some of our more challenged posters). I wonder, is Mike Walker still available?

Apples

Lets face it if Lambert really thinks or wants to come back here and the jungle drums are beating on the grapevine

He will know if AN is close to the push

Football is close knit small world and he will know whats going on people will talk

if he takes the wolves job to me it either he or us was not interested

I totally agree with the OP that the Lambert days were great and probably one of the best times we''ve had supporting out team. He then lost Culverhouse etc, he hasn''t been the same manager since then.

As for going back I can''t think of to many times this works out.

I''m happy to let AN work his way through this - he''ll come out the other side- as a better manager. this may take a shake up in the squad so give him until the end of the season and then judge.

IMO knee jerk reactions to a dip in form isn''t the best solution.

Let''s face it. Lambert was only ever good at taking on a basket case of a club and turning it round through a tough no nonsense approach. He did that at Colchester, then it worked with us and he followed it through to the PL.  Since then he has shown he doesn''t have the ability to take on a team with better footballers already in it. He is a limited manager in that respect.  We have moved on as a club.  He would be better off taking on a lowly club like Rotherham or even a League 1 team, where his approach would work. The solution for our club is to pull together, AN to clear the air with the players with a few home truths, get rid of the ones that aren''t interested enough and crack on with the job.   

[quote user="lake district canary"]Let''s face it. Lambert was only ever good at taking on a basket case of a club and turning it round through a tough no nonsense approach. He did that at Colchester, then it worked with us and he followed it through to the PL.  Since then he has shown he doesn''t have the ability to take on a team with better footballers already in it. He is a limited manager in that respect.  We have moved on as a club.  He would be better off taking on a lowly club like Rotherham or even a League 1 team, where his approach would work. The solution for our club is to pull together, AN to clear the air with the players with a few home truths, get rid of the ones that aren''t interested enough and crack on with the job.   

[/quote]

But LDC haven''t you heard..?

The club''s in CRISIS!

Rotten all the way from Strictly Ed through to naff coffee and sub-standard sausage rolls!

The sooner Lambert comes in to sort out this mess, the better!

[quote user="lake district canary"]Let''s face it. Lambert was only ever good at taking on a basket case of a club and turning it round through a tough no nonsense approach. He did that at Colchester, then it worked with us and he followed it through to the PL.  Since then he has shown he doesn''t have the ability to take on a team with better footballers already in it. He is a limited manager in that respect.  We have moved on as a club.  He would be better off taking on a lowly club like Rotherham or even a League 1 team, where his approach would work. The solution for our club is to pull together, AN to clear the air with the players with a few home truths, get rid of the ones that aren''t interested enough and crack on with the job.   

[/quote]

But LDC, I thought Blackburn and Villa were also "basket cases"

What was his actual record at Blackburn? I thought he did ok and then walked because he could see the writing on the wall?

Whilst he also did not do as well at Villa as may have been expected its also worth noting that they got relegated and sunk like a stone as soon as he left whereas whilst he was there they just about kept their heads above water even after Culverhouse and Karsa had left the scene, including inevitable victories over us along the way.

I would argue that at the moment we are a little bit of a basket case and need a no nonsense approach because we have the players already.

Just looked it up:

P 33

W 12

D 8

L 13

win % 36.4

That''s not too bad given the mess that Blackburn are at the moment.

Oh for facks sake!

Waveney''s got you hooked - It''s only him clamouring for a return of Lambert. It just wont happen in a million years.

It''s not on anyone''s radar. Not the clubs. Not Lamberts.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]What was his actual record at Blackburn? I thought he did ok and then walked because he could see the writing on the wall?

Whilst he also did not do as well at Villa as may have been expected its also worth noting that they got relegated and sunk like a stone as soon as he left whereas whilst he was there they just about kept their heads above water even after Culverhouse and Karsa had left the scene, including inevitable victories over us along the way.

I would argue that at the moment we are a little bit of a basket case and need a no nonsense approach because we have the players already.[/quote]

When Lambert was sacked at Villa they were 18th, ''Tactics Tim Sherwood'' kept them up. 

To be fair Highland was desperate for us to get Neil Lennon so if he wants us to get Lambert it''s not the right decision.

Several things here.yesterday the media reported Pearson was favorite for wolves job. I for one would love lambert back now. Alex Neil is finished it is just a matter of if he goes Saturday or a few weeks time. As for the Stowmarket two we need to wise up that they own the club and seem to be content to keep it that way so they will not be going anywhere any time soon imo

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Several things here.yesterday the media reported Pearson was favorite for wolves job. I for one would love lambert back now. Alex Neil is finished it is just a matter of if he goes Saturday or a few weeks time. As for the Stowmarket two we need to wise up that they own the club and seem to be content to keep it that way so they will not be going anywhere any time soon imo[/quote]

Did you come to this conclusion recently or in when Jez Moxey said the club wasn''t for sale?

[quote user="Mr Apples"]He''ll last about 6 months at the Wolffs.

Some people really do need to move on and actually formulate a new idea (although that may be difficult for some of our more challenged posters). I wonder, is Mike Walker still available?

Apples[/quote]

The new idea that needs to be formulated is for David Gold to take over from the Stowmarket Two and for Allardyce to become manager.

Yep, 80 year old West Ham fan and joint Chairman David Gold is going to have a Damascus moment, sell up at Premier League Hammers and buy a controlling interest in Norwich.You are a one, Vinny...mind you, Red Bull are still looking for a club in England, Red Bull Norwich maybe?

[quote user="Old Shuck"]Yep, 80 year old West Ham fan and joint Chairman David Gold is going to have a Damascus moment, sell up at Premier League Hammers and buy a controlling interest in Norwich.You are a one, Vinny...mind you, Red Bull are still looking for a club in England, Red Bull Norwich maybe? [/quote]

He must have had a Damascus moment when he bought Birmingham City then?

What is the plural form of Damascus moment? Moments Damascuses?

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Several things here.yesterday the media reported Pearson was favorite for wolves job. I for one would love lambert back now. Alex Neil is finished it is just a matter of if he goes Saturday or a few weeks time. As for the Stowmarket two we need to wise up that they own the club and seem to be content to keep it that way so they will not be going anywhere any time soon imo[/quote]

Did you come to this conclusion recently or in when Jez Moxey said the club wasn''t for sale?

[/quote] Nothing to do with Moxey the club they have never wanted to sell the club what else would they do with their time

[quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="Old Shuck"]Yep, 80 year old West Ham fan and joint Chairman David Gold is going to have a Damascus moment, sell up at Premier League Hammers and buy a controlling interest in Norwich.You are a one, Vinny...mind you, Red Bull are still looking for a club in England, Red Bull Norwich maybe? [/quote]

He must have had a Damascus moment when he bought Birmingham City then?

What is the plural form of Damascus moment? Moments Damascuses?[/quote]

Damasci...

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"][quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Several things here.yesterday the media reported Pearson was favorite for wolves job. I for one would love lambert back now. Alex Neil is finished it is just a matter of if he goes Saturday or a few weeks time. As for the Stowmarket two we need to wise up that they own the club and seem to be content to keep it that way so they will not be going anywhere any time soon imo[/quote]

[/quote] Nothing to do with Moxey the club they have never wanted to sell the club what else would they do with their time[/quote]

Boil eggs?

I look forward to January 21st, when no doubt everyone will Boo Lambert - as he is the Pantomime villain. And his team will no doubt stroll through our pedestrian defence and score a hat full...