Sign in to follow this  
morty

Booers.

Well admitting these things is the first step to recovery Dan....😉

A few things Indy, people will grumble and whine during the game though. Also comparing the situation we are in now to the last season under Hughton is a bit daft. However badly we have been playing we are still in touch of an automatic promotion spot, people seem to be conveniently ignoring that.

I think some people have over reacted a bit frankly.

[quote user="morty"]Maybe it really all does go right back to NN''s point about whether you are a supporter, or just a customer.......[/quote]Football teams are primarily here to entertain us Morty. Watching football is a chance to forget the drudgery of the working week for 90 mins. Supporters/customers pay their money in good faith and expect a decent '' return '' on it. The football dished up by our team this season has been sub-standard in almost all our games and if the players can''t be a*sed to put in a shift, as some clearly didn''t at Brighton, they can''t expect those in attendance and elsewhere not to react.Despite our high League position Norwich have been under-performing this season. The players and manager are quick enough to milk the good times so they must accept the inevitable flak when things aren''t.

Oh and I''m fairly sure professional footballers know when they haven''t played well, either individually, or as a team.

They don''t need some numpty booing them, justifying their behaviour by carping on about how much they earn. The same Tits who post things on Facebook bemoaning the fact that soldiers and nurses don''t get paid as much as footballers.

Whilst I don''t entirely disagree Smithy, do you not think that calling for the managers head, in the league position we are in, is a bit self entitled.

You have been watching Norwich for years, we have been far, far worse than this.

you are right Morty we should not be calling for the managers head in 4th

BUT

the rumblings from the dressing room

storys of players doing this that and other

I have never known a team who are 4th so unhappy with each other

Players that are playing within themselves the club does not look right something is wrong and that all stems from the manager in my view

i dont think the players like him or like his tactics his coaching style and are not giving 100 % thats my view

i have not seen my inside man so i can not say and the above are happening just what i sense

That performance at Brighton or rather lack of it took us right back 6 years to the 1-7 debacle Morty. It has been coming all this season on the back of stuttering under achieving. Christ the Scum have not beaten us in 8 or 9 games now and the game at Portman Road earlier this season almost saw us lose and i do not have to surely tell you the state that shower are in ?Our best performances have been away at Blackburn at a time when it was an achievement for them to win the toss at kick off and the second half at Forest. The rest have been below par and you cannot argue with that.

Personally I pay little attention to people who claim to know what''s going on inside the club, there really is a lot of nonsense talked.

If the manager has lost the dressing room, I agree he has to go. But only people within the club are well placed to really know the truth about that.

Lovely old job together but if I could just interject to put right a little wrong that has been raised again...

This whole customer/supporter thing was not my doing. I beieved WE WERE ALL SUPPORTERS. You could have knocked me down with a feather when Tilly, Smiffy et all denied their own supporter status claiming themselves to be seen as just customers. The disagreement came because I refused to do the same. I insisted I was a supporter.

Carry on together....

[quote user="morty"]They don''t need some numpty booing them, justifying their behaviour by carping on about how much they earn.[/quote]Since when did the average fan suddenly become nothing more than a ''numpty'' who apparently is not allowed to show their dissatisfaction with the ''entertainment'' being served up, a situation which is understandably made more contentious with the crazy wages these ''entertainers'' are on compared to said same average fan???If these players were as professional and knowledgeable as you say Morty, we wouldn''t get such shocking performances like we have done against the likes of Birmingham and Brighton...It''s one thing to ''perform'' like garbage when you''re doing it for free or even for minimum wage, but when someone''s paying you 20k+ a week for it, then it starts to take the pi$$ somewhat...

This squad which we know on paper is the best we have had for some while has been below par in virtually every game which came to a head last Saturday. What do you put that down to then if it does not involve unrest with the manager and tactics etc ?

Interesting the discussion "are we fans or customers?"

I wonder if it really applies to the football business?

Most "normal" companies try to (warning: management tosh approaching) delight their customers and provide an efficient and effective service. (Phew, I need to lie down!)

Therefore if we are customers we should hope to be satisfied with the product or service, otherwise we will switch to a competitor!

Hmmm, I think that means most of us are not customers, as we come back despite often being very dissatisfied, and would never dream of going down the road instead!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Lovely old job together but if I could just interject to put right a little wrong that has been raised again...

This whole customer/supporter thing was not my doing. I beieved WE WERE ALL SUPPORTERS. You could have knocked me down with a feather when Tilly, Smiffy et all denied their own supporter status claiming themselves to be seen as just customers. The disagreement came because I refused to do the same. I insisted I was a supporter.

Carry on together....[/quote]No,no,no Nutty we DO see ourselves as supporters but when you receive correspondence from the club such as your season ticket renewal and your actual season ticket which states on them you are a customer that surely shows you how you are viewed from within the corridors at Carrow Road ? I will confess i feel somewhat better this season as i now note we are supporters on our season ticket. It must have been a McNally thing.

[quote user="morty"]You''re doing a pretty job of proving my point there Indy....[/quote]That''s fine Morty.Glad you''re happy for the club to throw tens of thousands away each week so that overpaid clowns can put little to no effort in, whilst the fans sit there watching drivel without an apparent right to vent their frustration or displeasure.You wouldn''t get away with it in pretty much any other industry or business, but seemingly part of being a football supporter is blindly refusing to complain when things are bad, whilst being expected to give back 100% throughout in exchange, yep, sounds fair to me...

[quote user="morty"]

If the manager has lost the dressing room, I agree he has to go. But only people within the club are well placed to really know the truth about that.[/quote]Does being with CUSDP and Duncan on Saturday and having a few words with Ryan Bennett after the game count because if so there are definitely problems in the dressing room ?

canarydan23 wrote the following post at 02/11/2016 11:09 AM:

I walk to Carrow Road, have been a season ticket holder for almost three quarters of my life and attend a handful of away games a season. This season I booed at Preston, booed away at Birmingham and would have booed at Brighton had I gone.

It''s always nice to visit the Pinkun to find out that I''m not actually a fan after all but a customer. And a bellend.

That made me smile Dan👍

For what it is worth, I suspect Neil''s position has very quickly gone from being pretty secure (short- and medium-term as far as this season goes) to very precarious. It would seem absurd to many outsiders for him to be sacked when we are still in or just out of the top six, but then we are losing ground rather than holding steady or making it up.And football is a bit like politics, where one mistake too many or even a seemingly trivial incident can be seen as the last straw and crystallise opinion, suddenly making what had looked like a difficult decision much easier.

Personally I pay little attention to people who claim to know what''s going on inside the club, there really is a lot of nonsense talked.

Come on Morty i got every transfer right bar one in the summer some people do know people who work inside the club

Well put it this way, I question the motives of people who are supposedly supporters, who spread things deliberately knowing they could potentially be damaging to the club, true or not.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Lovely old job together but if I could just interject to put right a little wrong that has been raised again...

Carry on together....[/quote]No,no,no Nutty we DO see ourselves as supporters but when you receive correspondence from the club such as your season ticket renewal and your actual season ticket which states on them you are a customer that surely shows you how you are viewed from within the corridors at Carrow Road ? I will confess i feel somewhat better this season as i now note we are supporters on our season ticket. It must have been a McNally thing.[/quote]
It''s all in the archives in black and white.
And pink...

[quote user="morty"]Well put it this way, I question the motives of people who are supposedly supporters, who spread things deliberately knowing they could potentially be damaging to the club, true or not.[/quote]
We don''t always agree Morty but we agree on that one.  The fans who care about our club will do anything to protect it from negative comments, silly rumours and anything that could damage our reputation.
Of course the club don''t get it right all the time but there''s a lot worse clubs to support than ours.

Rule 1 for Midlands yellow, make sure every time you log in, you only do so to comment on what morty has to say.

Hey Tilly,

I for one am interested in your "gossip." Give us some more please.

It beats a lot of other nonsense I read through.

I think what often happens here is that posters empty their head of what they think one day to make room to think something else the next day. This would explain why my buddy Jimbo could post at the beginning of September that the board hadn''t backed Neil in the window leaving him with little chance of promotion. Then post in October that any decent manager would have this squad promoted by March.
When I''ve mentioned this sort of thing before Ive been told that I don''t understand football fans.....