Sign in to follow this  
morty

Booers.

morty wrote the following post at 2016-11-01 2:16 AM:

Will you be happy with your work if you manage to boo Alex Neil out of a job on Saturday?

What will come next? Years of decline after we booed Worthy out? Another Roeder, Gunn or Adams? Or will we get lucky with another Lambert?

Bonus points if you include either " ambition" or " bigger picture" in your answer.

Should AN lose his job over the weekend, I certainly don''t see that it will have anything to do with supporters booing. Should they happen to boo its more likely that once again the side picked by the manager lacked the ''ambition'' to get forward and score goals, and in the actually managed to defend like headless chickens once again in conceding five goals to a resurgent Leeds Utd under manager Monk. Mick Quinn and Alan Brazil both commented on Talk Sport ''we told you so'' after AN admitted on Wednesday that the Sun story was in fact correct and the ''bigger picture'' was that ''he didn''t know what he was doing after all!'' and fully expected the sack after he informed the board that other than the captain ''several of his senior squad members agreed with him''.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Making Plans"]Booing and walking out of games before the end.Isn''t that the point at which supporters suddenly realise that they''re customers [:)][/quote]Booers don''t walk out of CR before the end of the game.Booing has its place, but I see little point in booing passing pedestrians as you cross Carrow Bridge.Those that leave early are customers.Real supporters hang on to the death and give it large.Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (just practicing)[;)][/quote]I wasn''t suggesting that booing and walking out were done at the same time and although they could be I would think that the booing comes first & then they walk.I was trying to make the point that when supportes boo, or when they walk out early, they realise that they aren''t really supporters after all, just customers.

[quote user="Making Plans"]I wasn''t suggesting that booing and walking out were done at the same time and although they could be I would think that the booing comes first & then they walk.I was trying to make the point that when supportes boo, or when they walk out early, they realise that they aren''t really supporters after all, just customers. [/quote]Why should they realise any such thing?I''ve boo''d many times at CR over the years, sometimes the players, sometimes the manager and sometimes the Board. None of this turns me from a fan into a customer.Unlike many on this forum I invest no sentimentality in players or managers. They come and they go and serve either well or indifferently and I apportion my support for them in the same manner.My love and my support is for the club itself which was here before they came and will be here long after the present incumbents  have moved on or been moved out.

Gary Monk will be firing Leeds up for a fast start Saturday. If Leeds score first, sections of the crowd will turn.

I really hope we can get behind he team and create a positive atmosphere. Anything else is just detrimental to us, and will greatly enhance the chances of a negative result. Why would we want to do that?

We''re still in a great postion, and in a postion many would have taken at this stage of the season. We had a wobble last time we went up. I''m sure this is all it is, but this weekend is pivotal to our direction forward.

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Drazen Muzinic"][quote user="Jerzy Krukowski"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]AN should have gone at the week-end at the latest, purely for footballing and man management reasons, otherwise we are in danger of unnecessarily seeing something similar[/quote]

at the latest? Should he have gone when we were topping the table?, a mere 2 weeks ago?

Note: this does not mean there aren''t likely some serious issues with motivation/tactics and man management. AN deserves the chance to turn it round.[/quote]

Sorry JK, you must''ve missed the certain facts posted on here for weeks now that clearly state we were only doing well because we have only played fixtures against The Dagenham Girl Pipers and The Craggy Island All-Priests Over-75''s Five-a-Side Team.[/quote]

Imagine how good they''ll be when Mulryne fully qualifies as a priest!

[/quote]

Ringers are not allowed - he''s only 38.

While people are wetting their pants as to whether the fans boo or not a polite reminder we are playing Leeds. The odious Leeds fan I work with is convinced they''ll rip us a new one and they do not like us one bit. There''s going to be around 3000 of the b@ggers and our players will need to be up for it because it''s going to be a battle. I think and hope we''ll be too concerned with beating Leeds than anything else. Ultimately it will be down to the players and if they give up like they did last week then in the heat of the moment it could get nasty. It''s going to be hostile, it''s going to be emotional. Bring it on.

My point is probably a bit moot anyway as half of you on here don''t even go to games.

You can book your computer screen as you watch your stream I guess, if you want to feel included.

😉

[quote user="Vegan Sausage"]You can''t stifle a Boo, it''s like trying to hold back a sneeze, it will find its way out.[/quote]

Lincoln is expecting a fast start from Leeds, I''m thinking that AN will have us similarly fired.

Leeds will want to capitalise on what will be a restless crowd, early pressure and a goal could turn a large section of the support to attack the team rather than spur it on. Alex will be desperate for us to score early, settle the crowd and for us to impose ourselves on the game, something we categorically failed to do against Brighton.

Could be a frenetic, open game.

So 0-0 then. At least it''d be a clean sheet though...

Over 70% of voters in the pinkun poll say Alex should be given more time to sort it out.

Another case of people''s views on this forum not really being representative of the wider fanbase?

Sections of our fanbase will never call for a manager to be sacked Morty as they are simply too nice/little old Norwich to do so. It would also have been interesting to see what the result would have been had it been a straight choice between sack or retain as arguably with three of the four options being to give more time the poll was always going to produce that type of result. You could of course place a different spin on it which is that more people think he should be sacked straight away or within the next few weeks than retained longer than that if there is not a dramatic improvement.

For me, give him til Christmas is simply not an option and should certainly not have been included because we may not be able to recover from the damage if we limp along for a dozen or so more games. as I have said on other posts I don''t agree with making his continued employment dependent on results in x number of games in any event.

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]While people are wetting their pants as to whether the fans boo or not a polite reminder we are playing Leeds. The odious Leeds fan I work with is convinced they''ll rip us a new one and they do not like us one bit. There''s going to be around 3000 of the b@ggers and our players will need to be up for it because it''s going to be a battle. I think and hope we''ll be too concerned with beating Leeds than anything else. Ultimately it will be down to the players and if they give up like they did last week then in the heat of the moment it could get nasty. It''s going to be hostile, it''s going to be emotional. Bring it on.[/quote]

Your Leeds colleague is surprisingly upbeat given that they are sh*t.

I don''t think that percentage is too far from this forum to be honest Morty.

See what the poll says next week if we lose to Leeds though.

"Little old Norwich" Jim?

Would you rather we were a bit more Leeds? Or a bit Watford?

Hogesar- seems more calling for his head on here rather than supporting giving him more time.

I hope we get a great win on Saturday to cheer everyone up, put the smile back on Alex''s face and not a sound of any boos.

I don''t see the problem with booing, if the players have not put a shift in. The fans need to a way to give feedback to the players at full time. It''s no different to massive applause if they have tried really hard.

One off boo''s will not get the manager sacked.

Play well or at least try and you won''t get boo''d.

[quote user="Canary Jedi"]Play well or at least try and you won''t get boo''d.[/quote]If only it was that simple...There are fans that regardless of how hard the players tried, how sensible the manager''s sub choices may have been, how logical the formation and tactics were, all of that goes out the window if the result is not as they like and thus come the boo''s.I see it more like going for a meal at a restaurant, if the service and food are bad then the waiter/waitress needn''t expect a tip, and chances are I''ll be speaking to the manager to complain about how poor the experience was (this is the ''boo'' part), if the meal and service are simply ok, then chances are that there will still be no tip, but I won''t be asking for the manager (the ''quiet'' part), but if everything is great, then I will give a tip and possibly even tell the manager how impressed I was with everything (the ''applause'' part).Football should be no different, if the football and result are poor then why shouldn''t the players and manager be made away that the fans are unhappy? If it''s simply passable then there''s nothing to complain about, but nothing to rave about either, but if we''ve worked our socks off and got a great result, then give the standing ovation at the end, it''s really not that hard to work out is it?

Maybe it really all does go right back to NN''s point about whether you are a supporter, or just a customer.......

Supporters boo. I''m sure i''ve boo''d before. Can''t remember when. Couldn''t boo that fateful Colchester game in League One, think I was in shock. But i''m sure i''ll have boo''d before.

If you''re emotionally invested in the club, you probably cheer and clap when we''ve won and the players have put in a performance. But I can also understand if those that travelled to Brighton boo''d. Especially when players ''gave up''. That would be enough to make me boo, probably.

[quote user="morty"]Do you think booing helps motivate the players to play better Indy?[/quote]

Sorry if I have missed it, but if the team put in a poor performance and lose, what do you suggest fans do, if not express dissatisfaction through booing?

Politely clap them off, or just get up and leave in silence?

[quote user="morty"]Do you think booing helps motivate the players to play better Indy?[/quote]During the match - absolutely not, at the end of the game they deserve to know how the fans feel about the performance - be this good or bad.These guys are earning more in a week than many earn in a year, and yet clearly some can''t be bothered to put a bit of effort in and actually fight to get a result from a game, and we should just sit back and say nothing???I can accept losses when the team has tried or when they''ve played well but been unlucky, I can even accept losses where a player has unfortunately switched off or just had a mare moment which costs us, what I can''t accept is the majority of the starting XI looking like they don''t give a damn, with a manager that at 3-0 down is happy to play for that as the final result - when Hughton did this when we were 1-0 or 2-0 down he was roundly (and rightly) criticised for his negative approach, yet when AN does it we should just suck it up - I don''t think so buddy...Support the team throughout the match as much as possible, but if at the end it''s been a pi$$ poor performance with total lack of effort or commitment, I''d argue it''s more damaging NOT to boo than it is to let them know how $hit we think their effort was...

I''m surprised someone hasn''t yet come up with a formula to measure the relationship between realness of supporter (troll - plastic - customer - occasional fan - supporter - diehard), right to boo (none - some - total - God-given) and distance of residence from the hallowed turf (anything outside of NR1 automatically excludes the candidate and defaults to the rating of "Binner").

Apples

[quote user="Mr Apples"]I''m surprised someone hasn''t yet come up with a formula to measure the relationship between realness of supporter (troll - plastic - customer - occasional fan - supporter - diehard), right to boo (none - some - total - God-given) and distance of residence from the hallowed turf (anything outside of NR1 automatically excludes the candidate and defaults to the rating of "Binner").

Apples[/quote]

Do "supporters" who are "watching" the game on Radio Norfolk boo?

I walk to Carrow Road, have been a season ticket holder for almost three quarters of my life and attend a handful of away games a season. This season I booed at Preston, booed away at Birmingham and would have booed at Brighton had I gone.It''s always nice to visit the Pinkun to find out that I''m not actually a fan after all but a customer. And a bellend.