Sign in to follow this  
morty

Booers.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]AN should have gone at the week-end at the latest, purely for footballing and man management reasons, otherwise we are in danger of unnecessarily seeing something similar[/quote]

at the latest? Should he have gone when we were topping the table?, a mere 2 weeks ago?

Note: this does not mean there aren''t likely some serious issues with motivation/tactics and man management. AN deserves the chance to turn it round.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]The decision to sack or keep the manager should not come down to whether the fans boo or not. If the fans get to the stage that they turn on the manager in exasperation then it shows the board have dithered too long.

The board need to be much more in tune with whats happening on the pitch, behind the scenes and in the dressing room so they don''t end up prolonging the agony - something they have done more than once in my time (Worthington, Gunn and Hughton in particular).

Nobody deserves scenes like we saw for those managers last games. AN should have gone at the week-end at the latest, purely for footballing and man management reasons, otherwise we are in danger of unnecessarily seeing something similar[/quote]

I really do agree with this. We, more than many other clubs, seem to get into this "give them 3 more games" or "if he doesn''t win on Saturday" cycle when it comes to the end of managerial reigns. I guess its because our board are nice and don''t like sacking managers unless they feel they absolutely have too but I think we end up wasting games and prolonging the agony when in most cases the end has already become inevitable. Hughton and Worthington certainly both managed to hang on for probably 3 or 4 months more than they should do because they kept scratching narrow wins against cr*p teams at home. In between those wins we would return to being poor again but every 5 or 6 matches opponents would come along who we could beat and thus prolong the saga.

We''ve all seen enough of Neil and how his team is playing to form a judgment. Either publically back him so he can truly assert his authority on the players who appear to be playing up or sack him now. What I fear is we will mess about for another two months in which time all the viable alternatives will be snapped up, Villa will catch up the leading pack and we will have made life much harder for ourselves.

[quote user="Jerzy Krukowski"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]AN should have gone at the week-end at the latest, purely for footballing and man management reasons, otherwise we are in danger of unnecessarily seeing something similar[/quote]

at the latest? Should he have gone when we were topping the table?, a mere 2 weeks ago?

Note: this does not mean there aren''t likely some serious issues with motivation/tactics and man management. AN deserves the chance to turn it round.[/quote]

Sorry JK, you must''ve missed the certain facts posted on here for weeks now that clearly state we were only doing well because we have only played fixtures against The Dagenham Girl Pipers and The Craggy Island All-Priests Over-75''s Five-a-Side Team.

The tip to enjoying a NCFC game at present is to get drunk beforehand, sneak a pint in at half time missing the first 5/10 mins of the second half (collateral damage im afraid) and then get even more drunk afterwards. Then laugh to yourself as the Premier League relegation battle hots up safe in the knowledge that we''re not there. Works for me.

[quote user="morty"]Well they do if they are bellends I guess. It''s a football game, not a panto.

* Insert predictable "ohhhhhhhh yes it is" joke here.[/quote]

Well it looked like a Panto to me on Saturday!

I don''t normally boo but on Saturday I certainly did.

How else do you show them that it was dross?

You were presumably one of the Tw@ts who clapped them off on Saturday!!

I''m desperate for us to thump Leeds on Saturday and go on a winning streak. Not only do I want to see the club do well but I also like AN.

But he''s not immune from criticism and the heads dropping in the same way they did against Brighton has, in the past, been an indicator of players not playing for the manager. At that point, there is, rightly or wrongly, only one realistic outcome.

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"][quote user="Jerzy Krukowski"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]AN should have gone at the week-end at the latest, purely for footballing and man management reasons, otherwise we are in danger of unnecessarily seeing something similar[/quote]

Note: this does not mean there aren''t likely some serious issues with motivation/tactics and man management. AN deserves the chance to turn it round.[/quote]

Sorry JK, you must''ve missed the certain facts posted on here for weeks now that clearly state we were only doing well because we have only played fixtures against The Dagenham Girl Pipers and The Craggy Island All-Priests Over-75''s Five-a-Side Team.[/quote]

Imagine how good they''ll be when Mulryne fully qualifies as a priest!

[quote user="Jerzy Krukowski"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]AN should have gone at the week-end at the latest, purely for footballing and man management reasons, otherwise we are in danger of unnecessarily seeing something similar[/quote]

It''s all a matter of opinion of course Jerzy but my view is that he should have gone before the end of last season. The board either make the decision that he goes or they deflect some of the heat by unequivocally supporting him and giving him time to turn it round. Waiting for the fans to, in effect, make the decision by turning on him during games just shows that they have left it too long. Again,

Mp- indeed.

Morgan - good plan.

Deltic- no I wasn''t at the game on Saturday but I remember the worthys, Hughtons and Gunns last games, and the poisonous atmospheres. Those three I can come close to understanding, a repeat of it on Saturday is needless, and in my opinion, premature.

Oh and Hoola, booing the team you supposedly support is hardly constructive criticism.

You would have to assume that the level of booing required to get the manager the sack is significant, it is also then fair to assume that if there is a significant level of booing then the performance on the pitch was dire. I really hope that we get a reaction from the players on Saturday, rendering this thread as redundant, however, if we put in another lacklustre performance then I think it is reasonable to ask has Alex Neil got what it takes to get us promoted. If the poll on the Pink Un site is anything to go by the majority of fans want to give AN a chance to put things right, so it will be interesting to see what the atmosphere in the ground is like on Saturday, I am hoping that the fact Leeds will bring a large following, and the fact we do not particularly like Leeds or their fans will mean that the Norwich fans will have CR rocking..........

I can put up with a loss (I have supported us long enough) if we actually put in the effort,

but when we just roll over like Saturday I find it particularly hard to take.

I will be cheering us on on Saturday just like any other week!

[quote user="deltic31"][quote user="morty"]Well they do if they are bellends I guess. It''s a football game, not a panto.

* Insert predictable "ohhhhhhhh yes it is" joke here.[/quote]

Well it looked like a Panto to me on Saturday!

I don''t normally boo but on Saturday I certainly did.

How else do you show them that it was dross?

You were presumably one of the Tw@ts who clapped them off on Saturday!![/quote]
PMSL! I particularly loved this question. After a 5-0 defeat the only way players could possibly know they under-performed is if the crowd are decent enough to point it out? I genuinely am still chuckling at this now.

Another dire display and defeat against Leeds and he will be gone whatever the crowd reaction may be. Another no show and it will be clear that he has lost the players no matter what starting 11 he fields. Leeds are in decent form and are more than capable of punishing another poor display. It all has a very inevitable feeling about it.

[quote user="Morgan"]The tip to enjoying a NCFC game at present is to get drunk beforehand, sneak a pint in at half time missing the first 5/10 mins of the second half (collateral damage im afraid) and then get even more drunk afterwards. Then laugh to yourself as the Premier League relegation battle hots up safe in the knowledge that we''re not there. Works for me.[/quote]
Your seat must be in the South Stand then, as quite a few fans come in about 10 mins after the game has started, leave 5 mins before halftime, come back late after halftime and leave 10 mins before the end, disrupting everyone''s view, I figure they must miss 30 mins of the 90 mins they pay for

It''s also inevitable that if we win the clouds won''t lift and some will leave the stadium with faces like a slapped backside...

I hope he does turn it around and we see a different Norwich from the team we have been watching. But the build up to this match has very much the same feeling as previous managers last games in charge. If it''s another no show and he has lost the players then rightly or wrongly there is no way back from that. We can''t sack the players unfortunately!

I wonder whether Morty''s support for AN would be as strong if he wasn''t also short, bald and from Glasgow?

This thread just reminds me of that bit in Jack Higgins "The Eagle Has Landed" where one of the characters says "I''m not English damn you, I''m a Boer".  (When explaining why she was siding with the Germans against the Allies).

Anyway, I don''t buy this whole "entitlement"/"arrogance" thing.  What it comes down to is that our squad now IMO is stronger than it was the last two times we were in the Championship, and realistically is good enough for a top-2 finish.  If we don''t go back up this season, we''ll rapidly see the strength of that squad eroded and we don''t have wealthy backers to supplement our finance like many of our competitors.  So we don''t have the luxury of letting AN have the rest of the season to work out how to overcome the problems in our defence.

The problem is that AN seems to have lost his way. When he joined us, he was able to get the players to play how he wanted, which was generally effective that season and got us into, and through, the playoffs.  Last season after Christmas, he lost his way and that got us relegated.  This season, things picked up, but a defensive frailty has come out over a sustained period now and he doesn''t seem to be able to sort it out, in fact it''s getting worse.  The thing is, how long do we give him - similar to the question in Hughton''s last season at this time of year.  My feeling (with hindsight - although many said it at the time) is that it was wrong to stick with Hughton then, and I now feel it would be wrong to stick with AN.  We need to get in a heavyweight manager who can get the squad organised and working together.  I''m not sure whether Lambert is the right man, given his record of failure since he left us - is it a case of getting the right team with him ?  I just don''t know.  Or should we be going for someone more heavyweight who will instantly command respect from the players ?  I think the answer now is yes.

My suggestion, should the players put in another dreadful performance and loose against Leeds on Saturday, is to clap and cheer loudly whilst throwing bundles of crisp £20 notes onto the pitch as a nice little bonus for the players who took time out of their day to poorly perform the job they get paid handsomely for. I expect Nigel and Morty to lead the way, showing all you booers how it should be done.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]It''s also inevitable that if we win the clouds won''t lift and some will leave the stadium with faces like a slapped backside...[/quote]I know some will only be happy with a double figure scoreline but it does depends what sort of win it is doesn''t it Nutty.A jammy deflection off someone''s a*se for a 1-0''er after being second best all day won''t cut the mustard, that''s for sure [:D]

I''ve also been sitting here thinking that it would be a fantastic idea to do away with season tickets and start charging games on a rolling scale. The worse the team played in the previous game and the lower they are in the division, the more the club should charge for the next home game, regardless of opposition. This would sort out the real "fans" from those that just go to see a good Norwich City performance.

[quote user="Making Plans"]Booing and walking out of games before the end.Isn''t that the point at which supporters suddenly realise that they''re customers [:)][/quote]Booers don''t walk out of CR before the end of the game.Booing has its place, but I see little point in booing passing pedestrians as you cross Carrow Bridge.Those that leave early are customers.Real supporters hang on to the death and give it large.Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (just practicing)[;)]

[quote user="Chip20"][quote user="deltic31"][quote user="morty"]Well they do if they are bellends I guess. It''s a football game, not a panto. * Insert predictable "ohhhhhhhh yes it is" joke here.[/quote] Well it looked like a Panto to me on Saturday! I don''t normally boo but on Saturday I certainly did. How else do you show them that it was dross? You were presumably one of the Tw@ts who clapped them off on Saturday!![/quote]

PMSL! I particularly loved this question. After a 5-0 defeat the only way players could possibly know they under-performed is if the crowd are decent enough to point it out? I genuinely am still chuckling at this now.

[/quote]

Good point Chip.  I didn''t think I could smile about anything to do with a 5-0 defeat but this comment is genuinely amusing.  I suppose it counts as black humour.