Sign in to follow this  
morty

Booers.

Will you be happy with your work if you manage to boo Alex Neil out of a job on Saturday?

What will come next? Years of decline after we booed Worthy out? Another Roeder, Gunn or Adams? Or will we get lucky with another Lambert?

Bonus points if you include either " ambition" or " bigger picture" in your answer.

It''s always going to be a gamble, isn''t it.

No one can pretend they''re looking at the bigger picture because its obviously possible Alex Neil could take us on a 15 win streak as unlikely as that sounds right now.

I think because it''s Leeds on Saturday there''ll be a bit of an atmosphere which should help the players. It''s then a case of what happens. If the players do what they done last week and genuinely give up, then regardless of my personal preference they will be rightfully bood because that is unacceptable from professional footballers.

Basically it''ll be the players decision and not the fans as to what happens. A fighting performance and AN is safe for another week. A capitulation and rightly or wrongly AN will struggle.

I''ve never booed and I usually clap the players at the end of a match but I didn''t on Saturday because they didn''t deserve it. I think it was probably the worst performance I''ve ever seen.

Yeah it''s all the fan''s fault! The years in the wilderness, terrible managerial appointments, it''s all down to the fans having the gall to let their dissatisfaction be heard! Shame on you! Tell you what if we lose on Saturday and put it in another abject performance let''s just keep silent. Let''s just accept our lot. It''s the little ''ol Naaarwich way. Better yet let''s rush on to this forum and attack anyone who dare criticise anything anything regarding the club with glib one liners. Bonus points for offering people to "meet them for a pint". Or referencing male genitalia.

I''ll be up in the corner stand between the N&P and the Jarrold again. If I make any sound I''m sure I''ll be stared into oblivion. Don''t wanna wake up the old fogies so i''ll keep quiet no matter what.

I''d hate to see that though. I wanted him sacked this weekend so he could leave with some dignity and without having to stand through a game with the crowd chanting to get rid. We''ve gone backwards under AN, I honestly believe we looked a better side under Hughton with worse players. I''ve seen enough now and even if we win tomorrow I think we''ll just be delaying the inevitable.

If only we hadn''t booed we could still have Chris Hughton in charge.....

If only we hadn''t booed and had those two ''thugs'' for whom hanging was too good, run on to the pitch we could still have Bryan Gunn in charge.....

If only we hadn''t booed we could still have Bryan Hamilton in charge....

If only we hadn''t booed we could still have Peter Grant in charge......

If only we didn''t BOOOOOOO........

Take the hat off for a minute Keith.

Do you think fans are are over reacting, given our current league position? Are you able to see the difference between now, and the examples you list above? Do some perhaps need to dial the self entitlement a bit?

I hope all the booers had a great haloween

Surely, the international holiday of the word boo

Well they do if they are bellends I guess. It''s a football game, not a panto.

* Insert predictable "ohhhhhhhh yes it is" joke here.

Up until the last few weeks Alex Neil has been a lucky manager this season - we''ve gained results but generally looked like a poor team given the players we have.

Now his luck appears to have turned, his tactics and team selections are questionable and the team aren''t behind him.

I really don''t think there''s much he can do about it so if we lose at home to Leeds, what crowd reaction should there be?

In your opinion that''s true. This manager certainly cuts his nose to spite his face with team selections . That said maybe a huge cheer should go out if Leeds are celebrating a win at the final whistle .

So, if it''s another tame performance against Leeds a silent crowd will give a collective shoulder shrug as they trail out of CR?

Nahdon''t think so, never have, never will.

following your football club is full of passion

if you win you feel fantastic

if you lose but play well you can take some enjoyment out of seeing a good game

if you chuck it in a give up like we did at brighton the passion rises to anger / boos

you can not take the passion out of the fans and tell them to clap no matter how the team plays

the players did not deserve clapping at brighton what did they give us ?

all we ask as fans is the players and manager coaches give us 100 % because thats what us fans give every week

if they give up and give 50 % they are cheating the fans and why should we roll over and accept that

"all we ask as fans is the players and manager coaches give us 100 % because thats what us fans give every week"

Can you demonstrate how do you give 100% every week?

Apples

How else can fans show their displeasure at inept performances other than booing and singing "What a load of rubbish"

If things do not improve on Saturday the boos should be heard in Gt. Yarmouth.

Sounds to me like some of you have already decided what you want to happen on Saturday......

In morty''s world, the club and manager should never be criticised. Whereas I''m not saying fans should go as far as some, some constructive criticism is not a bad thing.

If the team performs poorly, then fans expressing their disapproval is naturally going to happen. These people are not "bellends" if they choose to boo an unacceptable performance. It''s human nature to be angry.

Maybe you should stay away from football if you don''t like this.

The decision to sack or keep the manager should not come down to whether the fans boo or not. If the fans get to the stage that they turn on the manager in exasperation then it shows the board have dithered too long.

The board need to be much more in tune with whats happening on the pitch, behind the scenes and in the dressing room so they don''t end up prolonging the agony - something they have done more than once in my time (Worthington, Gunn and Hughton in particular).

Nobody deserves scenes like we saw for those managers last games. AN should have gone at the week-end at the latest, purely for footballing and man management reasons, otherwise we are in danger of unnecessarily seeing something similar

I will support the team and will want us to win. I don''t agree with making the manager''s future dependent upon the result of any single game because I think they are either good enough or they are not. We will pick up wins at this level quite regularly regardless so beating Leeds does not really prove anything in terms of long term capabilities although the performance may be indicative of whether or not he truly has lost the dressing room.

If I see what I consider to be another substandard performance, poor tactics or players not trying then I will boo them/him once the result of the game is beyond doubt.