Sign in to follow this  
Dicky

Most Improved Player

has to be Ginger Pele himself.  Last season I was totally unconvinced by him and never thought he would make it. 

However, I was totally wrong and he was again, in my opinion, MOTM on Saturday.  Very strong, much quicker and totally dominant - all without giving away the fouls he used to.

Saw him in the Sportsman Pub after the Brighton game and bought him a bottle of Bud!

Really nice chap - asked him whether he thought we might keep Davenport and he said "yeah, I think we might".  If we can keep them two together at the back on their current form, we will have the strongest defence in the division, and with Flemmo and Shacks as cover that is a great position to be in.

I''ve always liked the DOC but as soon as you mention you like the player I was normally shot down in flames on here, Glad to see him proving me right - for a change!.

[quote]has to be Ginger Pele himself. Last season I was totally unconvinced by him and never thought he would make it. However, I was totally wrong and he was again, in my opinion, MOTM on Saturday. Ver...[/quote]

Yes Dicky, it has to be Doc but also WLY ,

Doc is quicker because he lost a stone off season, can''t explain McVeigh''s emergence(he certainly can''t afford to lose a stone !).

We used to be said, when he first came here, that when McVeigh plays well then City do too. It seems to be proving so now as well.

Yeah, fair play to him!

I don''t think its so much a case of him proving us wrong, cos I think based on his previous performances we were right to criticise, but its nice to see a player making such an improvement to the point where he''s probably playing the best football of his career!

I voted him player of the month the other day, and felt a little dirty, but pleased too...

Safri has obviuosly been immense, but he could probably win player of the month from now until the end of the season, so thought it best to reward Doc for his improvement...

yeh he has to be. even though he was terrible against coventry. could easily have had MOTM for the last 5 games. more of the same please.

Ginger Pele tee shirts are available in the shop on football365.com, if he keeps playing as well as he is at the moment I think I may be buying one!   

[quote]Ginger Pele tee shirts are available in the shop on football365.com, if he keeps playing as well as he is at the moment I think I may be buying one![/quote]

Just ordered one....

[quote]Yes Dicky, it has to be Doc but also WLY , Doc is quicker because he lost a stone off season, can''t explain McVeigh''s emergence(he certainly can''t afford to lose a stone !). We used to be said, whe...[/quote]

Yes Jim, but do you think Worthy will catch on to this. It is very stranget hat when MCVeigh comes into the team they play well

I like the Ginger Pele as well, think hes a lot happier in defence.

[quote]has to be Ginger Pele himself. Last season I was totally unconvinced by him and never thought he would make it. However, I was totally wrong and he was again, in my opinion, MOTM on Saturday. Ver...[/quote]

dicky

i take it you were in that bar with the great rainbowchaser then, he told me a similar tale on saturday!  Nice to hear how humble the doc is

i don''t think he got a great start to his career here, as the defence was chopping and changing each week, plus his enforced duties upfront, but there was no questioning his delight on scoring his goal on tuesday night, it is the highlight so far for me this season!

doherty''s regular inclusion in the team was long overdue and we could say "if only" forever and ever, i just hope that he keeps up with his sound work in defence, and if davenport doesn''t become a permenant signing, then he and shackell can build an understanding in defence together

Well Ronbol I have to say I was never convinced about The Doc and felt he was a complete waste of money. Although he has yet to be really tested (Birmingham away would be a better game to evaluate him in) I am very pleased to be proved wrong in my esttimation of his abilities - long may my ''wrongness'' continue!

WLY has always been a very good footballer - he just gets sidetracked occasionally  and should be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

[quote]dicky i take it you were in that bar with the great rainbowchaser then, he told me a similar tale on saturday! Nice to hear how humble the doc is i don''t think he got a great start to his career ...[/quote]

I was with rainbowchaser, jonezy and nick (don''t know his name on here).  Many a pint of "wifebeater" was consumed!

[quote]Where''s the Sportsman ? In Brighton or Norwich ? And is it any good ?[/quote]

Brighton, by the ground.  One of those "Charlie Chalk" pubs, but it serves cold beer after a game, so does the job.

[quote]Me too dicky!![/quote]

Got mine today - doesn''t look at all like him - looks like a splodge!

Hard to say in the games i have seen this season two players have caught my eye .

1-the ginger pele

2-safri

Now lets hope ashton can find the form and fitness of last season then i think we will be in business.

[quote]No arguments with what''s been stated but doesn''t Jurgen Colin deserve a mention? I was an Eddie fan but maybe we don''t need him, after all[/quote]

I have to agree - Colin is coming into his own now and is looking like the signing of the summer.

Doc - potentially, but he has never really let us down in defence before either so has he actually improved?  Both he and WLY have just been given a chance at last...

OTBC 

Yeh for me it has to be DOHERTY, but McVeigh is running in a close 2nd. Colin is also coming up good!

OTBC!

Whilst I agree that both McSmall and Doc are playing well, can we really call them "most improved"?

McVeigh played once or twice last season, and only half a season before that, so how do we know if he has improved?

And the Doc only had a handful of games last year, in a side that couldn''t defend as a unit, and didn''t look fully fit either.

I''m just glad our best players are finally getting their chance. Long may it continue when Shack gets back in the team after Dav leaves.

It does highlight one of my main concerns with the current coaching staff - have they actually improved a single playrs ability duringthe last 5 years??

Some players form rises and wains (WLY is as good as he has been but his confidence has led to some poorer displays too) but it is my biggest concern that we do not have a coaching staff that can improve players beyond the raw product they have.

We have signed plenty of talented youngsters only to see them not develop and then given away (Easton, Higginbottom, Briggs,) as well as youth players that have been destroyed by the management team (Izzy, Crow; Hendo, Jarvis & shacks next?)  Only green has come through the ranks - and he predates this management set up.

Do out coaching staff have it in them to make our squad better players??

OTBC