Sign in to follow this  
ncfcben

Squad Improvement

I''ve been reading all the comments about sacking Neil and feel it is time to change.

My main concern is that he has at two summer windows and I don''t see any improvements in the squad he started with. As soon as we got promoted last time, every single fan said we need a striker who will score goals, that never happened and then he failed to sign another one this window.

We all knew that defensively we needed improvement and yes we signed klose, but surely any scout (or Neil) should see from watching him that he isn''t quick enough at this level (let alone the PL) and he seems to get bullied by any striker that tries.

That business in the windows just isn''t good enough and concerns me.

A lack of funds may have something to do with squad improvement as we cannot afford to put the club in debt, it is that simple

You don`t always need to spend millions to improve certain areas of your squad, that`s why we have scouts. We brought in Gary O`neill for next to nothing and he proved to be better than what we had, should have given him his two year deal aswel in my opinion. At least we would have had a leader on the pitch.

Yes possibly, but we sold Redmond for good money and invested that money in pritchard, and we didn''t really need anyone else in that position. obviously pritchard is a good young players, but I feel that money could have been spend in areas of more importance.

I agree that you don''t want to put club in debt, but signing 2/3 top players isn''t going to ruin the club. top teams are in massive debt yet still spend millions. we are in a position to spend 20million on some top players to help us.

We need some experience and proven players. We are over relying on a young manager and to many young players with no experience.

Agreed. Holt was 300k? BJ was free. The players are out there to be found, unfortunately we just waste the little money that we do have on players that do not suit our system or our team, and end up spending time on the bench instead. We just can''t afford that kind of luxury.

I wonder what people think regarding possible outgoings in January? With the way the team are currently playing do we even care if Brady, Olsson, Klose and Naismith leave in January? I wouldn''t be too bothered so long as we signed players in their positions.

[quote user="KiwiScot"]We need some experience and proven players. We are over relying on a young manager and to many young players with no experience.[/quote]

Like who? Murphy is the only player who has been used consistently this season. I would say it''s the journeymen/ experienced players that have stagnated and looked disinterested. Nothing to do with the younger players.

[quote user="KiwiScot"]We need some experience and proven players. We are over relying on a young manager and to many young players with no experience.[/quote]

agree with you, we have signed young players but not anyone proven in the championship or at any level really. its just been a very disappointing few transfers windows for us, and I think Neil has to take the main blame for that.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]Agreed. Holt was 300k? BJ was free. The players are out there to be found, unfortunately we just waste the little money that we do have on players that do not suit our system or our team, and end up spending time on the bench instead. We just can''t afford that kind of luxury.

I wonder what people think regarding possible outgoings in January? With the way the team are currently playing do we even care if Brady, Olsson, Klose and Naismith leave in January? I wouldn''t be too bothered so long as we signed players in their positions.[/quote]

If we could sign a solid centre half that is proven at this level then Id happily take a fair deal for klose. and wouldn''t complain is naimsith went as well.