Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

Surely enough is enough?

It completely baffles me that, other than a few murmurings online, why there aren''t more calling for Delia to sell up? Yes she said she won''t but she has felt little to no pressure from the fans to do so. We are being left behind in an industry in which more and more teams each year seem to pass us by. Obviously Neil has his problems and is (at least should be) close to being sacked but for the 3rd-4th consecutive season our main downfall has been (or in this case probably will be) the lack of money and investment in the transfer windows. After today''s revelations in the Times that Delia won''t even consider enquiries (an incredibly unprofessional approach btw) to purchase our club, surely now is the time to drive her out?!

For a short amount of time we will be a very attractive prospect to potential buyers as we have a strong squad capable of getting up into the Prem and we''re debt free. But give it possibly even just to the end of the season and both of those aspects will be long gone.

He''s finished now. How long we delay the inevitable is the question now.

He''s lost the squad. We''re in free fall and need to change this ASAP. No room for sentiment in football, so delia forget all your emotive nonsense.

No other club with our resource in this circumstance would sit back without action. Please sort it out, it''s depressing. We''re not even turning up to try and win.

Having read the Times article, it''s patently obvious she''s not going to listen to us mere fans, in fact I have my doubts she''d listen to anyone.

Don''t forget Old Robert, Delia is a very successful business woman. She will be tough-minded and her statements were very clear.

Then people wonder why the players appear not to have any passion or ambition when the owners are so unambitious it sends the wrong message to all concerned because if the board aren''t bothered and only interested in their cosy little ole Norwich world it just permeates throughout the club and as fans we have two choices put up with it or make your voices heard to force change,and I say this with sadness as I appreciate what Delia has done but times move on aand she seems not to want to.

AN''s stubbornness with the constant selection of certain players, his inability to play any formation other than one up front, and his single, suicidal decision to retain McGovern for today''s game, has ensured that even his most vociferous supporters must be beginning to doubt his managerial ability.

The team sheet gets pinned up - GK McGovern

Not picked on form or merit - the rest of the squad must question what the hell is going on. Not surprised if there was unrest in the dressing room.

[quote user="sonyc"]Don''t forget Old Robert, Delia is a very successful business woman. She will be tough-minded and her statements were very clear.[/quote]I also felt she was arrogant and somewhat dictatorial in her attitude towards the fans of NCFC.

Yes, she hinted that fans wouldn''t like it ....I wanted to hear what the board were thinking and today I heard! That she supported the manager personally at The Amex and that if it was in her remit entirely she would want Neil here for 10 years. Now I like support and I like not over-reacting but in today''s game it is depressing to read. It shows such a lack of ambition. I fear we might be downsizing.

Yet whatever I remain a fan. Just a more depressed one.

[quote user="sonyc"]if it was in her remit entirely she would want Neil here for 10 years.[/quote]If he was another Wenger or Ferguson that would make total sense, but he''s not even close and to make a statement like that is just nonsensical.

[quote user="The young canary"]Bin the lot of them and start again[/quote]So when are you investing your personal millions to make it happen?

Delia is hanging on like a limpet against a raging sea of unhappy fans.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]If he was another Wenger or Ferguson that would make total sense, but he''s not even close and to make a statement like that is just nonsensical.[/quote]In my opinion it wasn''t the only nonsensical statement made in the interview: "But no way will we sell. We don’t even listen to any enquiries".  To me that was another one, showing a complete disregard for the fans of NCFC, let alone ambition.I thought previous enquiries were deemed unsuitable (fair enough), but how do you know they were unsuitable if you didn''t listen to them?

What changed is that as soon as Nephew Tom agreed to take the reins they ignored any offers to buy.

I''ve not read all the interview, does it say when the interview was done?

Past week or two? Or past month or two?

Also, if you worked at the paper and wanted to interview get, you would book a proper good restaurant with a proper good wine list to ensure the words flowed.

I''m not sure in the cold light of day that every article in a paper is word for word what was said?

[quote user="Len"]What changed is that as soon as Nephew Tom agreed to take the reins they ignored any offers to buy.[/quote]

Really?

[quote user="Number 9"]I''ve not read all the interview, does it say when the interview was done?

Also, if you worked at the paper and wanted to interview get, you would book a proper good restaurant with a proper good wine list to ensure the words flowed.

I''m not sure in the cold light of day that every article in a paper is word for word what was said?[/quote]

I sent the wench out to buy the Times today just for this article as its subscription based on the interweb! I am just about to get my slippers, pipe and a pint of Hobgoblin (it is Guy Fawkes night after all) and read the article. Will get back to you once my brain has got over the effects of said pint and I am able to organise my thoughts.

Good start! The front page has a block stating, ''Lifelong sex, how the French do it''. Could be a good evening in Ron''s towers!

[quote user="Ron Manager"][quote user="Len"]What changed is that as soon as Nephew Tom agreed to take the reins they ignored any offers to buy.[/quote]

Really?[/quote]If you go on what they said before versus now. I doubt its coincidental.

[quote user="Number 9"]I''ve not read all the interview, does it say when the interview was done?

I''m not sure in the cold light of day that every article in a paper is word for word what was said?[/quote]Article is dated 5 November written by Henry Winter, Chief Football Writer.  Interview was conducted at their home in the conservatory.  I''m sure Delia has a ready supply of excellent wine at her home should she feel the need for sustinence before being interviewed, at least the equal to most restaurants.  Would suggest you at least try reading the article in full before suggesting that parts of it could be untrue.

Right, have read the article and am half way down my pint. One thing immediately that jumps out to me is how basically niave the pair of them are in terms of running a football team in the modern game. It comes across, to me at least, that they wish for the old days when TV coverage was minimal and there was not the money involved as is now. Honourable sentiments but they need to realise that its not going to change in the short to medium term and perhaps we should be making the most of our opportunity to make hay whilst the sun shines, so to speak.

My next point from the article is they state " We are stewards of the club, not owners. The club belongs to the fans"! Well, I asked the question here about a month ago who would like Delia to sell up. The majority said they would like to see her sell but many felt as long as it was in the best interests of the club and it supporters in that it remained community focused. Admirable sentiments I agree, but when they go further and say, (and this is the whole quote not the précis the Pinkun gave. " They will never sell ''No'' says Michael. ''We can''t on one hand [protest] that footballs being run from Dubai and Wall Street and then give into it''. Delia grins. "The supporters will be very disappointed to year that. But no way will we sell. We dont even listen to enquiries. Our Nephew Tom, is now a board director. He''s 35. He''s a very good board director. He''s a very passionate Norwich City supporter and he will be recipient of our shares.'' " They will go into a trust first" says Michael. So Tom cannot sell."He could if the trustees think its right and proper. He can''t do it on a whim. He''s been a fan since he was eight."

Well, IMO, as the game moves forward we will be left further behind.

The article then goes on to describe how they travelled around the South of France with Roy Hodgsons wife durimg the Euros and how Hodgson was the first manager to give them guidance when they first bought the club. (But for how much I hear myself asking). They also point out the reason we did so badly at the Euro''s was because Greg Dyke pointed out in the press that Hodgson would be judged on his results at the Euros and had the temerity to broadcast this over the airwaves! Shock!

Overall, I, and let me just say its my opinion, nothing more, feel that they hold on to the hope where football goes back to the times when football was not ruled so much by the money monster that is Sky and BT and that loyalty is better rewarded. Somewhat delusional in my opinion as the game will only grow at the moment. China and Africa have some catching up to do but I feel they will be the next investors into the game.

Personally I can''t see us moving forward as a club and look destined to be in the mid table bracket of the Championship for some time to come. As I said previously we now know where the owners stand and unless there is a massive, and it would have to be massive, amount of protestation from the fans we are where we are.

OTBC

I''ve previously mentioned putting the shares into a trust to enable fans to own the club. In fact I could tolerate Tom being a board member under this kind of model.The problem is that fans are too distant from what''s going on, as if they can''t be trusted (forgive the pun). There must be a lot of talented football and business people within our fanbase who''d jump at the chance to help run the club.I don''t buy that we need mega bucks investment to succeed. We''ve been run appallingly at times, so there''s plenty of room to improve.

I should also point out that I skipped over the point she made about having high heels on whilst wobbling and warbling around the pitch against ManC. She then goes on to say she wasn''t pished and how the media made her out to be an alcoholic. Bit strange that, have heard quite the contrary but that''s another story!