Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

We better win after this ( from homepage )

Alex Neil is out to prove Norwich City’s Brighton surrender was a one-off ahead of Saturday’s Championship tussle against Leeds United.

Neil’s heaviest defeat of his Carrow Road tenure triggered a major inquest and the lack of fight was the biggest charge levelled against the Canaries.

“That is something that has never been associated with my teams,” he said. “That is the first time I have ever seen one of my teams not have that. I have persevered with some players enough and given them opportunities and they didn’t do well enough. I don’t think it is the case (they don’t want to be in the Championship), but we should play until the final whistle.

“The results are not good enough in the last three or four games. I accept that. It is funny how football changes. A week and a half ago we are top of the league and everyone is talking about how we are one of the favourites to go on and win the Championship and now a few bad results and a humiliating defeat and things change. There is not much I can do except work as hard as I can to put it right.”

Cameron Jerome insists City will deliver the right response against Leeds.

“The boys are hurting,” he told the club’s official site. “You can see that, but the mood is good and we have to make sure we stick together in times like this. Whoever goes out on the pitch has to work hard, stick together and earn the right to win the games. Leeds won’t lie down so we have to have the right sort of attitude and apply ourselves and I think we will have enough to win the game.

“Believe you me, the way the lads have looked in training this week, that is the sharpest I have seen them and it probably coincides with us not having a midweek game. It means the manager can relay some of the basic messages he wants.”

Jerome the Sharpest he has seen them ! he better be right

let''s see it on the pitch. good point about the midweek games etc tho. 5 straight days of training and a full match preparation day. no excuses now. we need a lift before the intl break

If AN stubbornly selects his favourites and things go tits up we could easily see another Worthy / BurnleySincerely hope it doesn''t happen but you''d need to be blind not to see that he''s treading on thin ice.

[quote user="ricardo"]If AN stubbornly selects his favourites and things go tits up we could easily see another Worthy / BurnleySincerely hope it doesn''t happen but you''d need to be blind not to see that he''s treading on thin ice.[/quote][Y]

Are his favourites the best available players in a particular position? Who are we talking about specifically?

Jerome? No brainer.

Martin? Simply better than Bennett.

McGovern? Yeah, fair enough.

Who though?

Personally I''d drop Bennett (surprise), McGovern, Pritchard, Jacob Murphy from the Brighton game. Tettey misses out anyway although he''d also be on the list.

Not exactly an inspiring interview and the bad news is Leeds haven''t had a midweek game either.It will be a tough game and I''m a bit concerned about our central midfield protecting our shoddy back four, but I''m expecting nothing less than a blood and guts performance. Probably a bit early yet for the Norwich/Burnley scenario unless the players decide otherwise!This could go either way as Leeds are on a half decent run and tend to do well against the better teams. A win for them and they''re only a point behind us.I can see this being a draw.