Sign in to follow this  
melanie lofty

ian henderson

Melanie, you have far better judgement than the anti-Ian Henderson mob; on the few occasions Ian has played in his proper position he has scored goals; how many of us would perform as well if we were asked to do a job for which we are not necessarily ideally suited; despite doing our level best for the team?

Like the moron whose tag line is for Ian to be playing for Dereham Town in 2007 - currently.

Call themselves City Fans; openly slagging off

ONE OF OUR OWN HOME GROWN TALENTS

All power to yer elbow gel!

Didn''t get to Brighton but just seen Hendo''s goal on CanaryWorld - it was a cracker. Used to watch him in the youths and thought he was a great prospect. I''m convinced its a confidence thing and if the crowd will support him - and why shouldn''t we, he plays with enough passion -then he''ll be a real asset. We NEED goal-scoring midfielders

Henderson is still only 20 and in my mind, needs a couple of years before he (Jarvis as well) is ready and I find it incredulous that people are ready to write him off.

Not every player is ready early like Rooney or Owen.  Beckham was 22 when he became a regular at Manure, he didn''t burst onto the scene as a teenager but look how his career has gone. 

he was truly poor before he scored but i do think some need to get off his back during matches. when he came on vs reading the guy behind me started berating him on his first touch of the ball. I don''t think he''ll ever be good enough for a regular place but that''s no reason to hound him.

The bloke is rubbish.  End of.  One swallow doth not a summer make.  He''s 20 years old and he''s pants, do you think he''s suddenly going to turn into hard running, skillful goal machine?  Wake up! 

[quote]yes where have you seen that before...cant think of any player we''ve released (not sold) in the last few years who''ve gone onto anything better[/quote]

Well Matt Jackson''s currently sitting at eight place in the Premiership, I would guess that qualifies.

[quote]The bloke is rubbish. End of. One swallow doth not a summer make. He''s 20 years old and he''s pants, do you think he''s suddenly going to turn into hard running, skillful goal machine? Wake up![/quote]

Bit harsh, don''t you think?

[quote]Bit harsh, don''t you think?[/quote]

It''s not harsh Dicky.  Have you not heard that it''s a new rule in football that unless you are full international by the time you are 20 your career is over.

I am not suggesting he is World Class by any means but there are lots of players who are not fully ready for first team football untill there early to mid twenties.  Let''s face it Worthy would not keep him around if he thought he was no good.  He was quick enough to get rid of Crowe.

[quote]The bloke is rubbish. End of. One swallow doth not a summer make. He''s 20 years old and he''s pants, do you think he''s suddenly going to turn into hard running, skillful goal machine? Wake up![/quote]

And your opinion counts for what?
Sod all.
You''re not a manager, coach or even a scout. You''re just another armchair expert, you know nowt.

i like him still a kid with a lot of potential and constantly played out of his favoured position get behind him he will do ok.still dont think he is over the crowd reaction to boo him last season.a few more games and a few more goals lets hope his confidence is restored.could well be a suprise package this season he is definately a goalscorer.provider i am not so sure about.l

It is funny how you upset some of you get when someone has a different opinion to your own.

Why is my opinion any less valid than yours, Herb?

I''m willing to bet I see at least as many games as you do?

[quote]It is funny how you upset some of you get when someone has a different opinion to your own. Why is my opinion any less valid than yours, Herb? I''m willing to bet I see at least as many games as you ...[/quote]

Never said it was. I know sweet fa about judging players ability. But at least I know that I know fa.
You don''t appear to even know that.

He is not good as a right wing, but he has got the ability and instincts of a good striker. It''s sickening that a Norfolk boy, brought up through the Club''s youth system, should get abuse from "fans". He may (for all I know) be a really obnoxious person, but then it''s just as likely that his knockers are too. He''s shown on at least two occasions that he can score high-class goals in first team matches, when he''s had precious few of them, and even fewer starts.

I am not completely sure about Henderson and have thought for some time that he  and Jarvis should have been loaned out. However, when he gets in the team, I think he deserves a chance. As supporters, we don''t seem to have given him that. Round me, people are moaning and groaning and criticising before he even kicks a ball. I am sure that kind of criticism has affected him and I am not convinced he is over it. I fear we have to take some of the blame for his failure to progress as much as we would have liked.

On another thread (I think) he was criticized for arrogance about what he said about his goal. All I can say is that if I had ever scored a goal like that even in my back garden you would never hear the end of it!

Those who think he would do better played as a central striker have a point I think. For me his strongest points are his positivity with the ball and his ability to score when coming in from the right to a ball coming from the left. I also think he is better when he plays instinctively rather than when he thinks about things, which is when I think the crowd stick gets to him. IMO, he has some good points as a midfielder. He chases and harries and tackles enthusiastically - although inexpertly at times. His weaknesses to me are not being able to take a player on and inconsistent crossing (more bad than good, I fear).

On balance, I think he is a decent squad player for us and could become even better. Currently, I think he should largely be on the bench (or loaned out). When he does play, I think he should be wide right (because he can do that better than say Ashton, Lisbie, Huckerby, Mackenzie - who would all be ahead of him as strikers IMO) unless someone is on the field who could do a better job there, such as McVeigh, for example.

Imagine that Joe Royle played Darren Bent at right midfield with emphasis on defending. Where would he be now? Hendo is an international (in his age group) central striker. Worthy has an obsession with the outside midfield players tucking in when we lose the ball. Hendo should get the chance to get forward , and finish. That is his strength. Hear the lad speak.... does he lack confidence?

Hay I don''t really care about how he was a person, when he pull on a Norwich shirt, he played with heart and great attitude, then I will like him.

[quote]Melanie, you have far better judgement than the anti-Ian Henderson mob; on the few occasions Ian has played in his proper position he has scored goals; how many of us would perform as well if we were ...[/quote]

Ha ha! Glad you noticed it!

Possibly the worst player i have ever seen in a Norwich shirt... he''s abysmal.

[quote]Ha ha! Glad you noticed it! Possibly the worst player i have ever seen in a Norwich shirt... he''s abysmal.[/quote]

Well you''ve obviously not been a supporter very long then. Thats the only reasonable assumption going on what you''ve written.You never sampled the delightful debut (and only game) Simon Tracey played for us I take it?Or Steve Walsh? Or Mike Sheron (yes, our top scorer on 6 goals for the season)Thats just scratching the surface.What I''d really like to see is you pulling on a Norwich shirt, so Carrow Road can be mesmerised by your silky skills. I''m sure they must be astounding since you consider yourself such an authority on other players skills.Go on, give us a laugh!

Henderson is awful - as a right winger.  He seems overly concerned on the defensive side of the game as it does not come naturally to him and he seems to have a desire to please the manager onthat score.   How many time has he had space, ran with the ball only to hit the half way line to stop as the headlights hit the rabbit ad he urns aroudn and plays a safe ball back rather than exploiting some space?  He is weak in the tackle - not surprising given his size - and he cant keep a shape that is needed as a midfielder.

But none of that is his fault  -  its is the manager who persists on playing the guy out of position and expecting him to perform as if its natural.  Worthy has to stop this cruel animal sport of hendo baiting with his continual attempts to play him on the right.  Its like watching an emperor toy with a slave before the baying crowd - they banned fox hunting and in comparison that is tame to what worthy is doing.

Hendo is a striker but has never played for city as such.  His strike rate from midfield suggests he does know where the goal is but he has yet to be given a chance.

Worthy  - cut out the bear baiting, either loan hendo out, sell him or play him as nature intended but stop teasing him and annoying us by playing him out of position.

OTBC