Sign in to follow this  
Len

NEIL OUT!!!

[quote user="Len"]Pre xmas games...A QPRA DerbyH BrentfordA BarnsleyH VillaH HuddersfieldShould be gone by xmas?[/quote]

At the moment I think from those matches:

QPR W

Derby L

Brentford D

Barnsley L

Villa L

Huddersfield W

7 from 18 and we might be around 9th or 10th. And close to where I predicted we could end the season before we kicked off in August.

As ever I hope we do better than that. Yet the writing was on the wall for a long time before we started this season. The start of the season made me really feel a deep sense of excitement and even disbelief. But now we are finding the level we are at.

i haven''t been in the sack Neil campaign but for the good of the club I think it''s time for him to go but also time for Delia to consider selling (even though she won''t).

The problem we have is that we are now only going one way, not just at the moment but as a club and until she does sell up to someone who can put enough money in to compete and unfortunately there are a lot of teams in the Championship now, all of which will spend and have the money to spend!

I do feel sorry for Neil though, the first goal was a free header, the second goal was as a result of not tracking back and the third was a keeper error. He is responsible for his blind faith in McGovern, Martin, Brady and a few others.

My only hope is that Neil goes and gets a new club quickly and takes his favorites with him as I''m sick of getting cheesed off every game watching Martin point, blame others and not generate any drive or passion in the side.

Yes many on here are lovers of Martin but he has had his time as skipper and part of the side.

Wood wouldn''t have had the luxury of free shot for the second had he tracked back with some purpose and closed the space that Wood moved in to and in the first 10 mins he got done 3 times being on the wrong side. I''m a qualified coach and work a lot with defenders and the way he defends is poor, even the basics of getting tight and forcing your wide man wide isn''t done, it never used to be but he''s lost pace and his confidence is low!

Just back from the game. The better team certainly won, but we should have been the better team, at least on paper.

Something is really wrong at the Club at the moment. There''s no way Russell Martin should be anywhere near the teamsheet - he looked knackered after 5 minutes and was woeful.

What was AN thinking about with Brady on the right and Pritchard on the left? We had no midfield and long balls fronm Klose just kept going through to Rob Green.

The only plus for me was Thompson, who made some great surging runs. Hapless.

Agree and that was demonstrated by the Barclay sho gave him a huge round of applause, Captain pointer cane over for some love and got rightly turned on by a lit of people.

If anyone can come on here and defend Martin now it would astound me but it''s quiet so far I notice.....

Thought Thompson done well but nothing special in first half. Second half was probably our best player and was good to see.

What''s disappointing beyond the defeat and the predictability of how it happened is Tettey has looked poor for a few weeks, the whole squad has looked like it needed freshening yet Thompson only got into the team because it was enforced with Tettey being suspended. Would he have played otherwise?

We''ve got a GK who is far too lightweight, saves a few shots but is weak at crosses and doesn''t command his area. He is also far too quiet - should be shouting at his defence and organising them. That is in my opinion the single biggest factor in our decline - just look at the number of goals in the conceded column. Perhaps thats why he was available with no club after leaving Hamilton last season.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Tetteys Jig"]just like when Hughton was too dumb to play van wolfswinkel correctly.[/quote]Fixed that for you TJ.[/quote]

thing is I think hughton knew deep down he was a flop bit didn''t want to admit it. just like an with mcg

In a match where we weren''t troubling Rob Green at all, why were we not making substitutions far earlier eg after they scored in 54th minute? ?Then give Lafferty 7 minutes + injury time, and not even bothering to make a third substitution with other strikers and fresh legs on the bench???

At the moment all the cook is worried about is how much the nephew gets in his inheritance and relies on the supporters to finance it. We seem to be hurtling towards League One and a massive debt. 1 point oin 12 FFS!!! Neil must go, my club is heading for the shitter.

What worries me is that in the end AN will be forced out by the crowd when they finally run out of patience and turn on him, which will be totally wrong.

If that happens it will be because the board have abdicated their responsibility, like they have done several times before, and will have delayed far, far too long. He is a decent guy and does not deserve to be forced through that experience, like Worthington, Hughton and Gunn have before.

There is so much wrong with AN''s management you could write a list. He should have gone last season while we had a chance of staying up and he certainly should be gone now.

In all seriousness who is out there that would want the job, that would improve things?

I don''t think AN was ever the right man for a club of our size, he''s never proven himself at any level, just one season at Hamilton!

But the summer was the right time to change the manager, allowing the new manager to assemble his squad. Bruce was available and has a far bigger presence in football, he commands respect.

I don''t believe AN will be sacked and he won''t hand in his notice, so we''ll just have to learn to accept it for the time being.

The next week sees an international break now here we''ll get the usual press bull of players having eating and clearing the air, all playing for the manager and AN impressed with the squads reaction to the poor recent run, with Martin coming out a few days before QPR to say how the teams all geared up to turn things around.

Just part and parcel of football.

What worries me is that in the end AN will be forced out by the crowd when they finally run out of patience and turn on him, which will be totally wrong.

If that happens it will be because the board have abdicated their responsibility, like they have done several times before, and will have delayed far, far too long. He is a decent guy and does not deserve to be forced through that experience, like Worthington, Hughton and Gunn have before.

There is so much wrong with AN''s management you could write a list. He should have gone last season while we had a chance of staying up and he certainly should be gone now.

i agree with everything you posted but with Delias interview this time the fans might turn on the board in a way that we have not seen for years

I was always worried by the transfers since Alex Neil came in and I think we''re starting to see the wheels come off through lack of money. The defence has largely been neglected since Hughton''s time and we face a ticking time bomb of having to replace many aging players.We''ve not made enough back from transfers, often paid too much and

under-utilised players we have bought. The resulting drain on resources will be a significant problem going forward, and this is a direct result of the board not having a sound transfer strategy in the past.As per the annual report "investing all spare cash in the squad and trying to get promoted" isn''t much of a strategy.Alex has shown inexperience in the above and his on-field management, but whoever comes in will need to buy for the future. The days of spending relatively big fees for ready-made articles could be coming to a close.

[quote user="Len"]AGM coming up. Could get nasty if AN is still in charge.[/quote]You have obviously never been to an AGM. Every happy Clapper within a hundred mile radius will be bused in.

Something has to change, Neil is out of his depth it has to be clear for nearly all fans now. I quite like the bloke but enough is enough we''re dropping like a stone with no sign of the players or managers learning from the game befores. It''s becoming painful to watch each week

[quote user="City 2nd"]nutty nigel wrote the following post at 2016-11-06 2:15 AM:

I''m goimg...

Exactly as Tilly said![/quote]
Tilly will be going too. Will you?
I''ll be interested to see if either of you behave any diferently to me....

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 2016-11-06 2:48 AM:

City 2nd wrote:

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 2016-11-06 2:15 AM: I''m goimg... Exactly as Tilly said!

After the statement of the owners of NCFC I wouldn''t go there and waste my breath, doesn''t matter what any shareholder says, the decisions are made..............! Democracy doesn''t have any place at Carrow Road.

[quote user="City 2nd"]nutty nigel wrote the following post at 2016-11-06 2:48 AM:

City 2nd wrote:

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 2016-11-06 2:15 AM: I''m goimg... Exactly as Tilly said!

After the statement of the owners of NCFC I wouldn''t go there and waste my breath, doesn''t matter what any shareholder says, the decisions are made..............! Democracy doesn''t have any place at Carrow Road.[/quote]
That''s convenient then...

as the song goes, looking on the bright side - maybe they''ve actually had enough, can''t see any other route out, and are trying to force people''s hands by coming out with such a polarizing statement at such a time as these on the pitch. pre agm maybe they''re hoping to be called out, maybe there haven''t been any offers and they''re trying to become news. hey presto new investors. A lot of maybe''s, but always on the bright side.we now seem to have the antipathy of cellino (sp?) at leeds, i''m not sure this is such a good thing.

SeattleCanary-Problem is, is that it isn''t just AN. The whole club from the board to the players and coaches lack the mental preparation, nous, conviction, drive, need I go on.... Literally everything is wrong right now.

^^^^^^^^^^

This with bells on, it''s staggering to think some are STILL unable to see this, yet it''s clear as bloody day to others

We''ve got Alex Neil, We''ve got Alex Neil, I just don''t think you understand, win, lose or draw, He''s here for 10 years or more