Sign in to follow this  
danielsroundabout

Alex Neil postmatch interview.

Went something along the lines:

Goreham: Do you think you are the man and can you get us out of this?

Alex Neil''s mouth: Yes, of course.

Alex Neil''s whole demeanour: I haven''t a clue what to do.

We picked him up from a pub team why should anybody expect him to be anything other than a pub team manager , i agree his interview screamed i have not got a clue . I would say hes probably on a par with Gunn certainly nowhere near as good as Adams ,

Hey a grip. Alex has done way more than them two. We have had a good 2 years all in all with him and sadly it''s turning sour now with his insistence on playing players he has put too much faith in. Perhaps it''s to time for a change but give him some respect.

I would say we have had less than one good year with him.

We''ve been going backwards or downhill, however you want to put it, for about a year. We got relegated from a relatively poor Premier League with a wimper, not a fight.

[quote user="Time to go Delia"]We picked him up from a pub team why should anybody expect him to be anything other than a pub team manager , i agree his interview screamed i have not got a clue . I would say hes probably on a par with Gunn certainly nowhere near as good as Adams ,[/quote]
He got us into the Premier League you clueless clown.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="Time to go Delia"]We picked him up from a pub team why should anybody expect him to be anything other than a pub team manager , i agree his interview screamed i have not got a clue . I would say hes probably on a par with Gunn certainly nowhere near as good as Adams ,[/quote]
[/quote]

And also relegated from it.

No need to get rid of Alex Neil at all.

We keep him until Norwich take the lead then use a second manager to protect that lead.

Hughton would have been good as a 2nd manager as he always shut-up shop, even when we were losing !

Alex Neil''s interviews are normally ok, however, I suppose it''s getting a bit repetitive, same errors each game.

What struck me was Dorrans comments after the game. Felt a bit embarrassed for him actually, it was a woeful interview.

Seemed to have problems finding words and then forming sentences.

I''ve not heard him interview before so I accept that this may have been an exception to the norm.

Forget his demeanour during the interview, factually, I just wasn''t buying some of the things being said. The claim that he''s been through bad slumps as a manager before and come through them was curious.

He enjoyed nothing but success at Hamilton. The only bad spell he''s really had is the last 12 months with us. Given that we''ve not yet to emerge from the other side of that slump yet, I increasingly don''t believe he''ll pull through this or indeed knows how to.

His thinking and logic has become totally scrambled since that heavy defeat at Newcastle a year ago. I think the most telling window into his mind right now was the decision to bring on Kyle Lafferty. He''s spent £5 million on another striker and yet instead decided to bring on a player he''s totally exiled and consigned to the rubbish bin for 18 months.

The fact Lafferty scored actually then raised more questions than it gave answers about Neil''s management. For instance, why didn''t he start at Birmingham when he was our only recognised striker available that day?

There''s also no evidence that he''s capable of addressing the fundamental flaws that come back to hurt us time and time again. The concession of soft goals from set plays, the uncertainty in the goalkeeping department (been a problem position for a year now), and the apparent lack of fitness (22 of our 27 goals conceded have been 2nd half goals).

It''s with a heavy heart I say it but I think Neil needs to leave and a replacement brought in during the international break.

Two good years what a joke. We had 5 good months then he got found out as a one trick poney. Add to that is there a single one of his signings that given the chance you would repeat because imo they are all pants and expensive pants at that

I have heard it said, at the time and on a few occasions since, that a major factor in Neil''s big success, the play off final, was because of MBoro arriving only 30 minutes before the match. It''s a little harsh I feel but one does now start to wonder.....

After the pathetic performance at Brighton , AN took a huge risk in playing effectively the same team against Leeds. Only a performance that made fans forget completely that result was acceptable instead we got the same inept performance.

AN lost the plot a long while ago and his one trick pony tactics have been countered too easily.

[quote user="Jacko"]Forget his demeanour during the interview, factually, I just wasn''t buying some of the things being said. The claim that he''s been through bad slumps as a manager before and come through them was curious.

He enjoyed nothing but success at Hamilton. The only bad spell he''s really had is the last 12 months with us. Given that we''ve not yet to emerge from the other side of that slump yet, I increasingly don''t believe he''ll pull through this or indeed knows how to.

His thinking and logic has become totally scrambled since that heavy defeat at Newcastle a year ago. I think the most telling window into his mind right now was the decision to bring on Kyle Lafferty. He''s spent £5 million on another striker and yet instead decided to bring on a player he''s totally exiled and consigned to the rubbish bin for 18 months.

The fact Lafferty scored actually then raised more questions than it gave answers about Neil''s management. For instance, why didn''t he start at Birmingham when he was our only recognised striker available that day?

There''s also no evidence that he''s capable of addressing the fundamental flaws that come back to hurt us time and time again. The concession of soft goals from set plays, the uncertainty in the goalkeeping department (been a problem position for a year now), and the apparent lack of fitness (22 of our 27 goals conceded have been 2nd half goals).

It''s with a heavy heart I say it but I think Neil needs to leave and a replacement brought in during the international break.[/quote]This is a fair and well-reasoned post, Jacko. In addition, I''m sure this will have been covered in other threads, but even before we were behind and chasing the game, it was alarming quite how isolated Jerome looked for the majority of the match. We had three attacking midfielders on the pitch, but frequently Jerome didn''t have anyone within 30 yards of him. That he left it so late to bring a second striker on was remarkable. Brady was appalling and should have been yanked much earlier.Given Delia''s interview this week, I think it''s unlikely they will pull the plug on Neil unless things get really desperate - it''s four weeks until our next home game, and the two away games in the interim might well be a good opportunity to get away from the pressure of the home crowd. However, if we don''t win either of those games and find ourselves outside the top six, you''d expect the fans to turn sufficiently for Moxey to step in and show some gumption.

I think you make an excellent point about how isolated Jerome was, Feed the wolf.

An observation that I and many others sitting around me made, was how Leeds seemingly had a knack to break or attack from midfield at pace and get bodies around Chris Wood to support him.

Norwich''s build up was largely static and ponderous, save for some excellent raids from deep by Thompson. Jerome therefore never got the same quality of support as Wood and his game is really suffering as a result.

I''m not a massive fan of 4-4-2 but when Jerome had some support from another striker he was able to make things happen and laid on a goal for Kyle Lafferty. I honestly believe Jerome is playing well right now but the way we are playing just isn''t giving him a prayer of scoring goals. He''s all too often having a ball lumped forward for him to chase. With Brady, Hoolahan and Pritchard slowly backing up the play. None of those players can be regarded as fliers who will counter attack at pace either.

I thought Delia''s comments in the paper were pretty ill conceived. In a utopian world I would love Alex Neil to be here for 10 years and effectively almost be what Alan Curbishley was to Charlton. However, that ultimately relies on the manager doing his bit and constantly improving and learn from his errors.

I see no evidence of Neil learning from anything he''s got wrong in the last year. If he carries on this trajectory then to be honest keeping him for 10 games looks totally untenable. It will mean that Delia loses a lot credibility if she does then have to make a change.

Thecanaryfan wrote the following post at 2016-11-06 4:56 AM:

Time to go Delia wrote:

We picked him up from a pub team why should anybody expect him to be anything other than a pub team manager , i agree his interview screamed i have not got a clue . I would say hes probably on a par with Gunn certainly nowhere near as good as Adams ,

And took us down again you buffoon, using the same clueless managerial tactics throughout the whole season, just as he has started this! There''s only two clueless idiots, him, and you!