Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

The Captain is the problem, not the manager.

We had a captain at the start of the season who was in the team on merit & performance in previous years (Happy Clappers FYI Howson)

If anyone noticed Martin after Leeds 2nd & 3rd goals he clapped and told the the guy in front of him Leeds had scored. I was in shock or are NCFC captains not expected to do more than spin a coin.

It''s the entire defence, as it has been for years. Was always likely to fall through once the team started to lose confidence. Rip out these rotten foundations next summer and hope we replace them well.

It''s a whole host of problems, rather than one single person, from the board, through to the manager and his coaches, to the players.The board didn''t back the manager fully during the summer.The manager has stuck with tactics and players when it is clear things need changing.The players haven''t performed to their potential ad made a hell of a lot of basic mistakes.

Be careful, the Martin lovers will be all over you guys....ha ha

He was terrible, was all over the place today and has been for weeks, when the third goal went it was Lafferty trying to gee him and the rest, Captain Fantastic seems to get no noise from those fingers of blame he uses.

I have the unfortunate habit of watching players, it''s a coach/scout thing (no not another True Grit) so I watch Martin a lot and not just him but it''s a force of habit and some of the stuff he does and doesn''t do is basic stuff that shouldn''t be happening.

For the record I watched McGovern for a bit as I do a lot of GK coaching and he was poor today! You can''t have a keeper that can''t come and claim crosses of high balls and that as a weakness for a GK is never a good thing. Yes he makes some good stops from shots but any keeper worth his place can do that.

He is consistently the weakest of a number of weak links, only contributing effectively in the pre and post-match interviews. He has, for a long time now, used his time in front of the press to concentrate attention on "the team," as a means of deflecting the spotlight away from his own shortcomings. Brighton last week was a classic example of this.

His small but loyal bunch of supporters buy into his range of off-field attributes but are blind to the carnage that he orchestrates on the pitch.

Yes, today, like so many others, he was woeful.

I''m fairly sure it''s both

Captain not good enough to play every week and manager stupid enough to keep doing the same thing over and over and over and over, and keep picking the idiot

There are several other problems to address if we are to turn around our fortunes

1 - Persisting with McGovern in goal. Ruddy needs to start.

2 - Pritchard and Hoolahan do not work together in the same team. Pritchard needs a run of games in that central position to show what he can do. He has proved in the past that he can be a real danger man in this division if he is given a free licence to dictate games. He is not a winger and its unfair to ask him to play right/left midfield and do a defensive job.

3 - Brady needs to be dropped. He either proves that he is happy here or moves on in Jan. We have to have 100% commitment from every player.

4 - Fitness of the players need to improve. Several players were left chasing shadows today and could not keep up with play. Unacceptable at this level. It''s no coincidence that we are poor in the second half of games and have conceded most of the goals later on in matches.

5 - We need Howson and Pinto back ASAP.

6 - Thompson should be first on the team sheet from now on.

Very good performance from him today.

7 - We need to change the team setup/tactics and get back to playing the traditional Norwich way. Keep the ball on the deck, make the pitch wide and use two pacy wide men to get in behind the oppositions defence. We did not do that once today.

To many times the defenders just aimlessly lumped it long hoping that Jerome could do something on his own with it.

8 - We need to win the midfield battle. Yes, I know the defence is garbage but apart from Thompson today we have no one who can stamp his authority on games, put his foot in and control the centre of the park. We just do not have that at the moment, we are weak, soft and very vulnerable.

The whole back line needs sorting out, lets hope Pinto is back for the next game we''re missing him

[quote user="Yellow Green Army"]There are several other problems to address if we are to turn around our fortunes

2 - Pritchard and Hoolahan do not work together in the same team. Pritchard needs a run of games in that central position to show what he can do. He has proved in the past that he can be a real danger man in this division if he is given a free licence to dictate games. He is not a winger and its unfair to ask him to play right/left midfield and do a defensive job.

3 - Brady needs to be dropped. He either proves that he is happy here or moves on in Jan. We have to have 100% commitment from every player.

4 - Fitness of the players need to improve. Several players were left chasing shadows today and could not keep up with play. Unacceptable at this level. It''s no coincidence that we are poor in the second half of games and have conceded most of the goals later on in matches.

7 - We need to change the team setup/tactics and get back to playing the traditional Norwich way. Keep the ball on the deck, make the pitch wide and use two pacy wide men to get in behind the oppositions defence. We did not do that once today.

To many times the defenders just aimlessly lumped it long hoping that Jerome could do something on his own with it.

8 - We need to win the midfield battle. Yes, I know the defence is garbage but apart from Thompson today we have no one who can stamp his authority on games, put his foot in and control the centre of the park. We just do not have that at the moment, we are weak, soft and very vulnerable.[/quote]

This.

[quote user="have my howson it"]Jesus are you Alex Neils son?

You are clueless beyond belief[/quote]
Jesus is God''s son....

[quote user="Yellow Green Army"]There are several other problems to address if we are to turn around our fortunes

8 - We need to win the midfield battle. Yes, I know the defence is garbage but apart from Thompson today we have no one who can stamp his authority on games, put his foot in and control the centre of the park. We just do not have that at the moment, we are weak, soft and very vulnerable.[/quote]

Agree with all of this. my main observations today included the wes/pritchard conundrum, mcgovern not being good enough and Brady looking poor.

To add to that, I don''t think Dorrans is really up to enough. he''s too slow both with his decisions and on his feet. yes he can pass and has some good composure about him but he''s a shadow of the player Howson is. we miss him massively. I think while we have the vulnerable defence we need more cover from the midfield.

We had a proven captain/leader and let him go to Bristol City because we wouldn''t give him a 2yr contract.

GO us exactly what we needed for the Champs and yet again a bad decision by AN and the board