Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

The £5 Poppy Coin is a scam

Apologies for another Poppy related thread but I''ve had several Facebook posts praising the £5 Poppy coinn from The Westminster collection.Only 50p from the sale of this coin goes to The British Legion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!If you want to donate £5 to the Poppy appeal give it direct the the British Legion, do not buy this coin.

You would be quite shocked at just how common this kind of thing is.

I am very selective about the forces related charities I donate to.

A friend of mine works for them, they sell coins (and other memorabilia) as investments. The owner moved the company and all the wokforce from Watford to Poole, he lives in Sandbanks and is minted.

As Morty says, choose your charities wisely.

It makes me mad that the papers can lose their collective minds about the FIFA thing but let this go un publicised.A tenth of the takings to the charity is scandalous.

Mr Angry, Sandbanks is minutes away from me, Harry Redknapp and Graeme Souness amongst others live their - if your buddy lives in this part of Dorset then he''s seriously minted alright!

The owner lives in Sandbanks, not my mate, sadly. Though I think I''d rather be skint than have Harry Redknapp as a neighbour!

The other side of this is people who think if they donate to a charity that it all goes to its purpose.

Wages, marketing, premises, over heads, phone bills etc.

If you give £10 a month about 70p will go to the cause.

Charities are businesses.

[quote user="iron_stan"]if you want to talk about scams youve just got to look at the one being run by the board at carrow road[/quote]a-fecking-men to that!

[quote user="Mr Angry"]A friend of mine works for them, they sell coins (and other memorabilia) as investments. The owner moved the company and all the wokforce from Watford to Poole, he lives in Sandbanks and is minted.

As Morty says, choose your charities wisely.[/quote]See what he''s done there....