Sign in to follow this  
Footy Bloke

Lafferty and Thompson and Things

The look on his face when he scored his goal yesterday spoke volumes regardless of the reason! He looks to me as though he has that desire to prove to AN that he can do a job for the team. The chance came and he scored...what more can the bloke do? Add him to Louis Thompson who should start the next game and maybe just maybe we could be onto something. Thompson''s direct runs into the box gave the Leeds defence something else to think about. For once we had a player who utilised the space in front of him. Over to you AN!

And just so you know I watched the Leeds number 2 run unmarked (past Pritchard) from his own box into ours to cross for their second goal. My point being that our although our defence are somewhat underwhelming at tge moment the bodies in front of them (and behind them) don''t help.

Defensively clueless at times!

Whatever Pritchard''s skills are, tackling and winning headers are not two of them.

Their second goal highlighted Martin Olsson''s limitations - all too often he seems to rely on using his hands and arms to try and tackle his opponent, and in this instant it didn''t work.

He, along with many of our players, looked tired and leaden-legged.

At times it was hard to believe that we were the home team - so often we were second to the ball.

Laffs cleared my has the energy, ability and enthusiasm to make a significant impact at the very least as a sub.

Why hasn''t he been used before and why indeed was he used yesterday?

VW

Laffs cleared my has the energy, ability and enthusiasm to make a significant impact at the very least as a sub.

Why hasn''t he been used before and why indeed was he used yesterday?

Doesn''t bode well for Nelson, Laffs coming on yesterday !

That''s another problem Lessingham.

The players warm up in front of us and I didn''t notice Nelson come our way once yesterday. He may have been warming up the other side of the ground of course, I don''t know if players go down that end of the ground as well, don''t think so though.

During the game was what I meant, but could well have missed him with my attention focussed on the play.👍