Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

The biggest problem with the squad...

Is the lack of a spine. We do have some real talent in this squad, but zero steel.

Alex Neil''s philosophy of high press and technical players dominating possession is flawed at this level.

We are crying out for Bradley Johnson and Grant Holt types to form a spine and allow our flair players the freedom. Hoolahan, Pritchard, Dorrans, Brady, Canos are technically brilliant at this level, but they can''t take a game by the scruff of the neck.

January can''t come soon enough, and we need 3 no nonsense types to compliment our squad. No messing around, no scouring Europe, especially Scotland. The players exist in this league, some recently promoted premier league teams and even league one.

The question is, does AN realise this? And do we think these players have been indentified?

Or more importantly can we survive untill January and make sure this run isn''t terminal? It''s pretty crap supporting city right now.

No offence to Cameron Jerome but we have lack of leadership from the front (as style of Grant Holt). And the backline is way past their use by date. Wholesale changes are needed with the coaching staff now we have an international break to take reflection, and its not necessarily Alex Neil who should pay the price!

Totally agree with lack of spine. Was thinking this myself.

Look at the spine of someone like Brighton. Perfect for this level.

Stockdale - Dunk/Duffy - Stephens/Sidwell - Murray

Lowlyfendweller wrote: I agree, "steel" "stuff of the neck etc" and other immeasurable clichés are needed immediately!

There''s hardly a standard cliché in the OP, just a summary of our present plight. As for your modified "stuff of the neck," I presume that must be one of your immeasurable clichés.

Agreed about my typing. However, we all know the meaning of terms such as "lack of spine" "zero steel" "scouring europe" and "flair players" they are therefore cliché statements. They are also not measurable in football terms. No need to find flaws in my opinions just because I can''t type.

As stated earlier, I do agree with the sentiment of the OP. I''m sorry my sarcasm and bad typing made you think I didnt know what football cliché was.

It was just that I tended to agree with most of what the OP said and felt you were devaluing it by inferring it to be cliché-ridden, which I don''t think it is. Describing somebody as a flair player is hardly a cliche'' nor is stating that the team lacks spine.

[quote user="Move Klose"]Totally agree with lack of spine. Was thinking this myself.

Look at the spine of someone like Brighton. Perfect for this level.

Stockdale - Dunk/Duffy - Stephens/Sidwell - Murray[/quote]

Sidwell, Dunk and Murray would transform our side. When glen Murray was available he was deemed by the vast majority including myself as not good enough. I wish we''d signed him now!

I think we''ve massively underestimated the effect of losing Gary O''Neil too.

The point is, will Alex Neil change his flawed philosophy and sign what''s required?