Sign in to follow this  
danielsroundabout

Does Alex Neil share the cofidence Delia has in him?

Watching Alex Neil''s post match Brighton and Leeds interviews and also watching him pitch-side yesterday, I increasingly see a man running out of ideas. Obviously, an interview so immediately after yet another dire performance will never see him at his most chipper but he is almost admitting to being at a loss to know what to do.

I saw an interview with Karl Robinson at MK Dons, recorded just the day before Winkleman unloaded him and there was a marked similarity of demeanour of the two managers.

I am not suggesting that AN is as close to the door as KR was and especially not so after the Delia interview but I would say there is a serious concern that it is not just the players who need to be lifted.

[quote user="danielsroundabout"]Watching Alex Neil''s post match Brighton and Leeds interviews and also watching him pitch-side yesterday, I increasingly see a man running out of ideas. Obviously, an interview so immediately after yet another dire performance will never see him at his most chipper but he is almost admitting to being at a loss to know what to do.

I saw an interview with Karl Robinson at MK Dons, recorded just the day before Winkleman unloaded him and there was a marked similarity of demeanour of the two managers.

I am not suggesting that AN is as close to the door as KR was and especially not so after the Delia interview but I would say there is a serious concern that it is not just the players who need to be lifted.[/quote]

He has run out of ideas and hasn''t a clue how to put things right. All he says is we will work hard in training. Two suggestions - play two up front. As soon as Lafferty came on, there was someone to feed off Jerome''s knock-ons. Prior to that the only hope was Jerome chasing his own flicks. Keep Jerome well out of the way when we are defending corners. Two home games running he has stood and watched the man he was supposed to be marking get a free header. Absolutely criminal defending.