Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Ricardo's report v Leeds

On the stroll up to CR I glanced at my phone to see the team and was pleasantly surprised to see Thompson given his chance in midfield. On the few occasions I have watched him he has looked well worth a go. On the other hand I was totally shocked to see AN keep faith with the entire defence after the Brighton debacle. It seemed the wrong time to throw a hostage to fortune and challenge Einsteins axiom that doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is a sure sign of insanity. With rain threatening City kicked off towards the Barclay End and Brady''s clip over the top almost put Jerome in only for the big mans first touch to go straight to Rob Green. City looked reasonably slick and up for it but when Leeds eventually came forward McGovern had to sprawl on a through ball and then slip shod defending inside the area set all those old alarm bells jingling. Eventually the ball was hooked clear and City began to look marginally the better side.A move of quality involving Wes, Brady and Pritchard almost opened the Leeds back line on 24 minutes but the ball was scrambled for a corner. City however would not be denied and Pritchards corner picked out Brady at the near post and a looping header fell nicely into the far corner. This signaled a decent period of City pressure and a second goal might easily have come had Brady not checked and dallied when Jerome put him clear on the right.It was better but still a long way from convincing. Thompson showed his paces with a good run that took him past two defenders but his cut back found a white shirt rather than a yellow one.Leeds looked no more than a hard working Championship side and City really ought to have shown so sort of superiority but when they did it was fleeting at best.. Towards half time Leeds began to look dangerous down their left and McGovern was called upon to make a couple of decent stops. The guy is agile enough but its the other part of his game that gives me cause to doubt him. In any event we reached halftime with a lead and you could argue that it was just about deserved. My son started going on about what odds for a clean sheet but in the light of experience I refused to be drawn. It was good judgement on my part because within a minute of the start there was a warning when a close range header fizzed just wide. Otherwise it was a scrappy opening ten minutes with little in the way of chances but we''ve seen how fragile the defence can be when something is made out of nothing.On 57 minutes Leeds won a corner on their right and there were moments of deja vu as a static City defence stood and watched as Jansson looped a header into the same corner that Brady had found half an hour earlier. There was a stunned silence from City fans but I doubt that a single one of us was surprised. City pushed forward as we expected them to but chances were few against a resolute Leeds rearguard. Pritchard hit a twenty yarder straight at Green and then the ex City keeper had to work a little harder to keep out a free kick from the same man. This apart it was desperately weak stuff.At the other end Leeds frequent breaks split the City defence more than once and McGovern again had to show his shot stopping credentials. The feeling was building that it was all going wrong again and with 15 minutes left it duly did as Leeds split the home back line with alarming ease with quick passing that left Wood in acres of space to crash a shot into the roof of the net. AN switched Brady for Murphy in an effort to get back in the game but in spite of some promising approach work the openings failed to materialise and a general feeling of gloom settled over CR.You could feel the desperation when AN finally turned to Lafferty and the joy when within a few minutes the big striker was in the right place to latch onto Jeromes chest through and lash the ball past Green for 2-2. It felt like a life saver and a stroke of genius on AN''s part but challenging Einstein to a dual usually ends badly and so it proved when City failed to mark up from a needless free kick. McGovern was slow going down to Veira''s low 25 yarder and the ball could only be parried into the corner. All so utterly, utterly predictable.Thousands left early but I remained for the booing. It was surprisingly muted so I assume that a critical mass has not yet been reached and AN will fight on for a bit longer. No doubt he will claim a bit of bad luck but he is likely to find as others before him have, that when things go tits up, bad luck is likely to last longer than his ability to stay in his post. Some of us saw this car crash from a long way out, unfortunately nobody has called the ambulance yet.When he arrived he brought us the thrill of winning and ultimately promotion but as time as gone by his reputation has gradually been chipped away and we have to ask ourselves what remains. For my part I have to admit that the thrill has well and truly gone.[8]  Same dancers in the same old shoes [8]      Some habits that you just can''t lose      No telling what a man might choose      After the thrill is gone [8]

We play awful

I''m not happy about it

But do we need this Dr Seuss senseless b0llocks from Ricardo every week

Awful

[quote user="Buh"]We play awful

I''m not happy about it

Awful[/quote]Bit harsh lol

[quote user="Buh"]We play awful

I''m not happy about it

Awful[/quote]

Do we need the senseless trolling bollox we get from you? No, yet here you are.... Again..

[quote user="Buh"]Hush American[/quote]

Actually smart arse I''m English. Caister-on-sea born and raised, former season ticket holder and only been in Seattle for the last 4 years. Now stop being a twunt.

Thanks for the report.

The last goal was an absolute tragedy and I felt gutted for Lafferty who had come on and turned the game for us.

It''s clear to me that Alex has lost confidence in himself, when he first came he was decisive and capable of changing things, sadly all that has gone. The first sub was late IMO and even the. Murphy seemed to be stood ready to go on for ages before Alex finally made the decision. I believe his lack of confidence has penetrated into the team and they all seem to be suffering the same fate.

We were woeful from the beginning, and could easily have been 4 down after ten minutes - Martin in particular was expert at heading weakly to a Leeds player. I have to feel sorry for McGovern for trying to keep behind such a shambles.

A gutless performance.

Their no 11 looked excellent - or we made him look so.

[quote user="Buh"]On the playground is where you spent most of your days?[/quote]

Yeah in first, middle and high school. Did they ever let you outside?

Are you trying to claim superiority over me from a caister-centric education?

Have another think that.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="Buh"]On the playground is where you spent most of your days?[/quote]

Yeah in first, middle and high school. Did they ever let you outside?[/quote]

Don''t frighten him off, he''s very useful in keeping my threads at the top of the board. If he went away I''d have to invent him.

Pretty much spot on Ricardo, young Thompson was outstanding, and he got a very good round of applause from us in the Barclay when he came over to clap, not like Martin just after him!

[quote user="Buh"]

Have another think that.[/quote]

Well, in school I at least was taught how to properly structure sentences. But no, my statement had little to do with education, and more to do with your stupid responses.

Cheers Ricardo.

Pretty much how I saw it today but I think perhaps the most gutting thing is Leeds literally were nothing special like the other teams we''ve not performed against. In fact they didn''t even really have one good player but in the second half they cut through us so easily. To be fair had it not been for one really poor finish and a great Thompson block it could easily have been a 5-2 loss.

We play with technically 2 holding midfielders but by god our back four look terrible. Klose has now dropped to a level below Bennett which takes some doing. But Olson and Martin seemed to offer little going forward and nothing defensively.

Not Wes'' best game either but more so Pritchard was almost pointless having on the pitch. Nothing defensively and didn''t really do much good going forward.

I think it''s worth a go changing formation. I feel for Jerome who looked so isolated at times again yet works so hard. Maybe we break a trend and go 4-4-2 with genuine wingers, get crosses into the box and let Lafferty and Jerome fight for goals.

I mean we fall apart as soon as balls come into our box so can''t we do the same to other teams?

Your parents were livestock Seattle. We know it, you know it. Seattle is a s4ithole as well mate. Have some of that, yank.

[quote user="Buh"]Your parents were livestock Seattle. We know it, you know it. Seattle is a s4ithole as well mate. Have some of that, yank.[/quote]

Lol I bet you''ve never even left the county, let alone the country or even been here. It must''ve been a tough childhood watching all the other inbred trolls living under nicer bridges than you, clearly that''s where that chip on your shoulder has come from. Mummy and daddy''s best just wasn''t good enough was it? Yours truly, the not Yank.

I mean, Ricardos reports are crap but at least he''s on the right continent

What has to go wrong in your life that you end up in Seattle? lol

Seattle stop biting mate,Myers just not worth your energy......

By the way, not sure if you''re into American Football, but loved last weeks trip to Wembley to watch the Redskins/ Bengals draw, what a fantastic day, met some really great fans from the States.

[quote user="hogesar"]Cheers Ricardo.

Pretty much how I saw it today but I think perhaps the most gutting thing is Leeds literally were nothing special like the other teams we''ve not performed against. In fact they didn''t even really have one good player but in the second half they cut through us so easily. To be fair had it not been for one really poor finish and a great Thompson block it could easily have been a 5-2 loss.

We play with technically 2 holding midfielders but by god our back four look terrible. Klose has now dropped to a level below Bennett which takes some doing. But Olson and Martin seemed to offer little going forward and nothing defensively.

Not Wes'' best game either but more so Pritchard was almost pointless having on the pitch. Nothing defensively and didn''t really do much good going forward.

I think it''s worth a go changing formation. I feel for Jerome who looked so isolated at times again yet works so hard. Maybe we break a trend and go 4-4-2 with genuine wingers, get crosses into the box and let Lafferty and Jerome fight for goals.

I mean we fall apart as soon as balls come into our box so can''t we do the same to other teams?[/quote]

Hogs, funny you say 4-4-2, I was shouting out for Laffs to replace Wes and keep Pritchard on the pitch for the width, why get two big lumps up top without wingers to cross the ball.......

A single tear rolls down Ricardos cheek as he realises he''s not everyone''s cup of tea

Yeah that''s fair Indy. If we''d have gone 4-4-2 it would have been an opportunity to have both Murphy''s on the pitch and genuine width. But you''re right with Lafferty and Jerome up top we didn''t seem to realise it might be an idea to get the ball into the bloody box!

[quote user="Buh"]A single tear rolls down Ricardos cheek as he realises he''s not everyone''s cup of tea[/quote]That''s the spirit, I knew I could rely on you.[:D][Y]

[quote user="Buh"]I mean, Ricardos reports are crap but at least he''s on the right continent

What has to go wrong in your life that you end up in Seattle? lol[/quote]

The right continent? How is one right do tell....

Football aside you''re living in a country made for the foreigners these days, anyone who wants a hand out to ''seek asylum'' and all from the tax payer. I left to better my future in my field, and was successful enough to work and live in America, and look at new opportunities. Can your small mind even comprehend the life experience of travel and culture change? I''d love to hear your list of achievements, but sadly think they begin and end with the keyboard you''re likely wiping away your unrequited emotions from...

Yep we still looked to go through a packed centre all the time, when we did get the ball in from the flank we scored.

Ricardo is crying his eyes out I''m going to carry on for a bit

You finished that novel that you always promised you''d finish Ricardo?

Can we have some extra details of your day out? I''m dying to hear what pint you had!

Could you maybe put some corduroy trousers on and write a haiku for us about your feelings?

Can somebody give Yankee Doodle pigeon a burger as well. I made him mad again.