today, and replace him with Ruddy.

AN made this mistake last season when putting Declan Rudd

in. AN left him in for 3-4 games too long, and he has now made the same mistake

this season.

For the confidence of the team, goalkeeper and the fans he

should have been dropped.

I am slowly losing patience with AN inability to see the

defensive fractures. McGovern is not at total fault but in my opinion the whole

team would be boosted if Ruddy was returned to the starting line-up.

Ruddy was good enough when we were promoted in 2010/2011 then played for 3 years in the BPL while also being included in the England squad. He was also good enough when promoted in 2014/15 you dont become a bad keeper over night. He is plenty good enough for us this season.

Both are as poor as each other.

Whoever is not playing would appear to be the better keeper.

Please everyone....don''t forget, no scapegoats. And Alex looks safe for 10 years according to Delia''s way.

Norwich fans make me chuckle when it comes to ''keepers.Last season when Ruddy was in goal Rudd was the better option. Then when Rudd was in goal Ruddy was the better option. Now McGovern in in goal Ruddy again is the better option. When Ruddy''s back will Remi Matthews be the answer?

[quote user="Iwans Big Toe"]When Ruddy''s back will Remi Matthews be the answer?[/quote]Dunno, wonder if Gunny fancies a return in goal...

Why not give Jones a game.

McGovern is hopeless and out of his depth at this level. I presume Ruddy has no way back for some reason or he would have played yesterday.

Anybody who suggests Ruddy is no better than McGovern is deluded.

Ruddy needs to be re-called asap and given a run in the team to regain his confidence.

No wonder his confidence is shot, losing the no 1 jersey to McGovern is quite frankly insulting and embarrassing for him.

People have very short memories, it was not that long ago that he was getting called up by the England senior national team and playing tremendously well for us in the BPL.

Re-instate him and I can guarantee the defenders will look far more comfortable with Ruddy behind them. He commands the area better, more vocal, bigger in stature and makes the goal look smaller and can kick a ball far better than McGovern can.

Spot on yellow and green army been saying it for months.

IF he can back to his best he''s a major asset to us. He won''t do that sat on the bench every week.

Baffling even before last 2 games McGovern was ahead of him.

McGovern wasn''t to blame for the first goal yesterday.  Insane lack of marking by defenders caused that.   The second goal was unstoppable.  The third one was a terric shot form outside the box - one of the most accurate strikes from that range you will see - dipping right down low just inside the post.  Imo, McGovern not to blame.  Blame lies with defenders and midfielders for yesterday.  McGovern may not be the complete article, but Ruddy is not that either.  He hasn''t been quite right for some time, imo.  If it is just a confidence thing, then that can be sorted, but to suggest he is much better than McGovern at this stage is fanciful.   

"The third one was a terric shot form outside the box - one of the most accurate strikes from that range you will see - dipping right down low just inside the post. "

nonsense.......I take it you didnt have the same view as I had of standing behind McGovern''s goal.

He saw it all the way and it went through his arms....terrible goalkeeping

4 weeks too late for me, defenders will have confidence that ruddy is back in, like i said fans will also get a lift from it. He will come for crosses and corners and command that penalty box. He is a big lump and like a previous poster stated , he fills a goal.

Theres a reason why at 32 he has never commanded a fee or a place at a decent sized club.

There is no point in having a squad if the only way you use it is simply for injuries.

Competition is vital to improve performance. AN seems to unfortunately keep players who are underperforming on the pitch too long. McGovern is a typical example along with Jacob Murphy and Brady. AN is doing the team no favours by keeping them on, the team need to know play poor and your dropped.

Ruddy must be wondering what he has to do to play after Brighton match.

GJL - Have another look at the third goal. The ball was delivered accurately and powerfully, bouncing just in front of the goalkeeper, making it very difficult to judge. When a goalkeeper dives full length like he had to, you can judge the direction of the ball easily - which McG did - but that bounce made it doubly awkward.

The player was 30 yards plus away from goal. If you ask McGovern himself I''m sure he''ll tell you he should have saved it. Was a good clean strike no doubt but should never had been a goal.

Don''t get me wrong the whole teams just as responsible for switching off to the free kick

[quote user="Chemical Bro"]The player was 30 yards plus away from goal. If you ask McGovern himself I''m sure he''ll tell you he should have saved it. Was a good clean strike no doubt but should never had been a goal.

Don''t get me wrong the whole teams just as responsible for switching off to the free kick[/quote]Yes, I''m sure you''re right, but it was the bounce that beat him.

ricardo wrote the following post at 06/11/2016 8:36 PM:

Theres a reason why at 32 he has never commanded a fee or a place at a decent sized club.

Nail on head

The Leeds winner was a very accurate, decent hit, but there''s no way that should be beating a keeper from 30+ yards.

This goal for me highlights one of McGovern''s key flaws in that if you hit the corners, he doesn''t save it. As I''ve said before, as long as the shot is close to his body he will probably stop it- but a trampoline would stop every shot if hit straight at it.

Ruddy has had his flaws and may not be the England player he was, but for every error there would usually be a save that you wouldn''t expect him to make which often wins points. Ever since the Ipswich game I''ve been cautious of McGovern''s inability to fill his goal, and now we aren''t scoring there''s a rather large spotlight being shone on his shortcomings.

Ruddy won''t get a look in - Alex Neils invite to his birthday ''do got lost in the post (so Ruddy says). Alex is still bitter about it, I mean who uses ''snail mail'' in the days of email? Gotta get up earlier in the morning John if you want to pull the wool over the eyes of this canny operator...

Career history tells a tale - 5 free transfers all in Scottish football and 2 loans, no transfer fees paid. Most of his games with Falkirk and Hamilton.