Sign in to follow this  
JP

Your England team for today!

I think the result is the most important aspect today, performance has to take 2nd place really. Anyway i think the best available England team for today would be:

Robinson

Carragher Campbell Terry P.Neville  

Beckham Lampard Gerrard Cole

Owen Crouch

Goalkeeper not dubt about whos going to playe there. Defence i would play Carragher at right-bak, because he used to play there for liverpool, and was pretty gud, he has also improved greatly over the last couple of seasons (now described as one of the best in europe, IMO) i''d also pick Cambell ahead of Rio, because if anyone has watched Rio this season, his mind has been else where, and he has been off form alot, and campbell seems to be finding his feet again. At left-back, with ashley cole being injured of course, i think it is between two people, P.Neville and K.Richardson. The main reason that i would pick Phil, would be beacuse he has experience at left-back when playing for england (best not mension his moment of madness against romania in euro 2000), where as Richardson is definatly not a LB, he has only just played 6 odd  games there so far for man utd (neville much more reliable). Many people might have a go at me on here 4 picking crouch (the same guy that has scored since last july) but i belive he will cause too many problems for the austrian defence, and they wont know how to handle him! I wish i could attend the match today, i imagine the atmosphere will be electric!so... C''MON ENGLAND! LETS BE HAVIN YOU!!!  

I feel that for once the gutless one sven should throw caution to the wind - he has the players to do it and in all honesty Austria are not great - I would go for an attacking 3-5-2

Robinson

Campbell, Terry, Rio

Wright-Phillips, Lampard, Beckham, Gerrard, Cole

Owen, Crouch

Admittedly we are a bit weak on the flanks, but Beckham would be free to spray pass''s from the middle and SWP could provide the amo for the front two - fully expect a workmen like 442 with Gerrard and Lampard not clicking in the middle - how we can dream

how about we stick 11 melons on the pitch?

they would probably play better...........