Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

AN , lack of judgement.

We all can see how poor he is in team selection, and his poor use of substitutes.

But even more important is what goes on behind the scenes that we cannot see.

Who on earth would have given a further years contract to Turner and Whittaker?

Who else would have pursued Naismith for so long, for so much money and probably made him the highest paid player in our history. Even a much bigger PL club could not entice him away due to not being able to match his wages.

Who else would have sent young Maddison out on loan. I truly like Prichard, but after an outstanding game was then dropped . Lafferty, it''s clear he is not easy to manage, even his international manager has said that. But surely needs must come first as we have a lack of strikers.

Goalkeepers: Declan Rudd is better than our current out of form two choices.

Unable to get Brady playing this season, OK he wants away, but he must play better, otherwise there will be no demand from any PL clubs. AN should be able to motivate him on that alone.

Has a blind spot with Martin, 26,000 can see it but AN can''t. Also the total lack of effort in getting in a striker and CB of quality, has, and is costing us dearly.

For sure his judgement must be seriously questioned.

With our chance of the automatic promotion now gone, even if by some huge fluke we did go up, he is never the man to keep us there.

Only have to look at his very limited management experience, mostly in Scotland, makes me think he must have got extremely lucky when he took us up!

I am sure many of you could add to those listed!!

"With our chance of the automatic promotion now gone"

Why aren''t we automatic promotion?

I like Declan, but I do not believe he is better than our current two choices. I would bring Ruddy back in as first-choice keeper.

Klose has been incredibly disappointing, and much, much poorer than Martin this season IMO. Who would you bring in at right back instead though? Turner and Whittaker were clearly cheap cover options, and as such it made a lot of sense to give them an extra year.

It''s well documented that we were at the advanced stages of a deal for McCormack, but were gazumped by Villa who offered a frankly ridiculous financial package. I don''t think it was Alex Neil who wasn''t trying to sign a striker. Beside which, scoring goals has hardly been our problem this season.

There''s no doubting that a lot of Neil''s signings have been disappointing, but I didn''t see too many people suggesting Naismith would be a poor signing when we got him initially. Perhaps the problem is more to do with Alex''s man-management and motivational qualities?

1) Team selection fair enough, although that''s only really been an issue for the past 4 or 5 games

2) Contracts were automatically extended by clauses in existing contract - thought that had been made clear by now?

3) Quite a lot of Norwich fans would have pursued Naismith. I was certainly pleased when we signed him and the majority on here were too.

4) Maddisons having a great loan spell but all it does is show the benefit of a loan system, would he get in ahead of Hoolahan and Pritchard and Naismith?

5) Declan Rudd is probably on par with McGovern, Ruddy is better than both (probably).

6) Russel Martin has been a better player both generally and statistically than his primary competitor for his position - Ryan Bennett.

I''m sorry, I don''t understand these kind of posts. There''s lots of genuine reasons to be concerned which makes it even more intriguing that some on here have to come up with non-existent or completely irrelevant points on top of them.

"There''s lots of genuine reasons to be concerned which makes it even more

intriguing that some on here have to come up with non-existent or

completely irrelevant points on top of them."This, FFS!!! [:@]

[quote user="Buh"]"With our chance of the automatic promotion now gone"

Why aren''t we automatic promotion?[/quote]
Because there are at least two teams better than us and more consistent. We are losing touch with the top 2, while 7 points doesn''t sound like a lot people underestimate the effort required to close the gap.
Though I wouldn''t go so far as to say that all hope has gone, it would require a rather significant turnaround of not just our form, I remember when AN first took charge and we were 10 points off the top 2, it took 17 games to break back into the top 2 and despite a massive improvement in form (W15 D4 L3 PPG 2.23) we still couldn''t hold onto an auto spot.
Fact of the matter is we have given ourselves a mountain to climb and I suspect the real challenge now for us is to hold onto a play off spot.