Sign in to follow this  
Coq au vin

January - who comes. who goes?!

Much like the Big Brother house, in this hypothetical situation, you decide who goes and who comes into the NCFC squad.

And just for Monday morning kicks, manager''s included. Budget relative to what we''ve got now.

Go!

[quote user="morty"]NEIL OUT.

Obvs.[/quote]But will he make it to January?Even money at the money I''d say.[Y]

Who do you think should come & go then Morgan?

For me it has to be

IN - Centre Back & Striker & Left Back

OUT - Our choice - Bassong, Turner, Lafferty

OUT - Their choice - Brady - Ruddy - Olssen

OUT ON LOAN - Canos & Oliveira

That''s my opinion for what it''s worth

I''d add to the Out list Whitaker, Jarvis, Andreu.

Getting a new manager in asap gives the replacement a nice few weeks to read the PinUn forum and work out where the strengths and weaknesses are.

Manager out (unless things change) - In, Gary Rowett or Warburton

Defence out - Bassong, Olsson. In, Caulker, Lees. Stuck for LB if Olsson goes

Midfield out - Naismith, Brady, Mulumbu In, do we need anymore midfielders?! Bring back Maddison!

Strikers out - slim pickings... None. In, Wells, play Lafferty more

[quote user="Diane"]Who do you think should come & go then Morgan?

For me it has to be

OUT - Our choice - Bassong, Turner, Lafferty

That''s my opinion for what it''s worth[/quote]So we buy two players in the summer in Canos and Oliveira for a total of around £6 million and within four months you suggest they go out on loan my Little Angel ? Makes me wonder why they were bought in the first place.I would get Andreu,Whittaker and Turner off the books ASAP and yet again search for a central defender and a striker. Mind you how many transfer windows has that been now ?

Who goes , well if Neil is still stinking the place out any player with a semblance of premiership quality because we wont be returning for a decade or three . We know Turners off it was reported the other week with several championship clubs said to be interested , would love to see Russell Martin gone also (he sums up everything that is wrong with the club) several league one clubs would no doubt be interested.Ins defenders and strikers please , 2 good young strikers would be good we could then put Jerome on the bench .

As there is probably no money for transfers and wages we shall need to shift Brady, Klose and Olssen to raise the cash. It would be lovely if Naismith, Andreu, Turner, Whittaker, Mulumbu and Jarvis could be off-loaded too. Then the club''s brilliant recruitment team could p1$$ it all up the wall to leave us just as badly resourced as in the past.

OUT:

R.Martin; T.Klose; S.Bassong; M.Olsson; A.Tettey; Y.Mulumbu; R.Brady; K.Lafferty

IN:

- Tom Lees (Sheff Weds)

- Tyler Blackett (Reading)

- Charlie Taylor (Leeds)

- Josh Morris (Scunthorpe)

- Bradley Johnson (Derby)

- Adam Armstrong (Newcastle)

I should comment that I don''t actually think that any transfer dealings would make much of a difference other than a good quality CB. Although we do have some we could lose, the core of our squad has plenty of quality and should be capable of getting promoted. I would rather AN does not squander another penny in a hopeless quest which does not address the underlying problems.

Harder to make a case for keeping any of them at this time than it is to find a reason to sell them.First to last out the door list in order and better replacements found obviously, Naismith - Square peg wherever he playsAndreu - Who?Lafferty - If Neil goes he stays - If Neil stays he goesRuddy or McGovern - both a mistake waiting to happen and lost faith in both of themMulumbu - quite like him but always injuredBrady - Another square peg and such a poor passer of a football Whittaker - last year anywayBennet - never going to be better than he is which is lower ChampionshipKlose - turning circle of an oil tanker shies away from the physical side of the gameBassong - when he is in the mood he is a top defender, but that`s too rareTurner - just cover anywayOlsson - class one week and not the nextJerome - great work rate but poor output, that will never changeHoolahan - back to his beat everyone twice mode of playing - cut it out!Martin - more an obstacle for forward to run round than a defenderDorrans - his form waxes and wanes with the moonTettey - last season probably, but at least he gets stuck in and tackles people instead of waving them pastMurphy`s x2 - be nice to see them get the ball before the opposition has time to get everyone back ( talking to you Wes)Pinto - was playing well before he got crocked and gave the team momentumThompson - been held back far too longJarvis - we have missed a left sided wide man, pointless getting him through his injury just to give him away.Canos/Oliveira/Pritchard - too early to tell

We have 12 games before the end of the January window and as nothing much usually happens until the last week of the window, that''s probably 11 or 12 more games playing with what we''ve got.If we keep playing like we are, and there''s not a lot of evidence to suggest that we won''t, by the end of those games any hope of even a play off spot will be unlikely and the automatic places will be totally impossible, if they aren''t already.You always pay over the odds for new players in January and rarely, with very few exceptions, does new blood halfway through a season make a significant difference.We probably need as many as 5 new faces to improve things and it''s unlikely that we''ll find that many - on recent history we might find one or two if we''re lucky.Therefore, if we can get good money for Brady, Olsson and Klose, and perhaps lose Naismith and one or two others that are surplus to requirements, then I''d be inclined to get rid of them without bringing anyone in.Go with what is left, blood the youngsters, keep our powder dry and look to bring in some quality and experience in the summer window so that we can start afresh come August.

Forgot about Whitts & Andreu lol so here''s my revised list

OUT - Our choice - Bassong, Turner, Lafferty, Andreu, Whitts

Tilly - Cant see Canos starting many games so loan spell would do him good & if we bring a decent striker in then Oliveira will need to go on loan to get games

Yes I saw yours Morgan, my 2nd attempt was a copy & paste from my first effort and I forgot to delete the line asking for your views, sorry

[quote user="Diane"]Forgot about Whitts & Andreu lol so here''s my revised list

OUT - Our choice - Bassong, Turner, Lafferty, Andreu, Whitts

Tilly - Cant see Canos starting many games so loan spell would do him good & if we bring a decent striker in then Oliveira will need to go on loan to get games[/quote]Canos and Oliveira have not been given a fair run of games - this is AN''s biggest problem - he sticks with same tired old team even if not performing - you watch Tettey will be back after suspension to replace Louis ThompsonAlso time to give Jerome a rest too - not really setting the world alight at the moment either - lots of effort but not much end product - what''s the point of buying the likes of Canos and Oliveira if they don''t get a run of games?

Bearing in mind that any players out the door obviously depends on either finding a buyer or letting them go for nothing, but this would be my take of the squad going forwards, with spaces where new signings are needed:GK    John RuddyGK    Declan RuddGK    Remi MatthewsLB    Harry ToffoloLB    Robbie BradyCB    CB    CB     Ben GodfreyCB     Timm KloseRB     Ivo PintoRB     DM     Alexander TetteyDM     Louis ThompsonCM     Jonny Howson (vice-captain)CM     Graham DorransAM     Wes HoolahanAM     Alex PritchardAM     James MaddisonWG     Sergi CanósWG     Jacob MurphyWG     Josh MurphyFW     Nélson OliveiraFW     Cameron JeromeFW    FW    

A couple of months ago we had the best squad in the division. This squad we have is good enough for this league. The manager isn''t managing his squad.

If Ollson goes, and even if he doesn''t, Hung''ry international Tamas Kadar (26) for LB/CD could be a great addition. Apparently he''s on Newcastle''s radar after convincing Euro performances. A very affordable 2m euros is being mentioned as Lech Poznan''s buyout price.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2014287/newcastle-uniteds-owner-mike-ashley-could-be-about-to-splash-the-cash-on-the-return-of-lech-poznan-defender-tamas-kadar/n

This thread is pretty depressing even in the context of recent results.

I wouldn''t make big changes. In fact I think I''d only be looking at offloading Mulumbu and andreu .

Out:

Hopefully Alex Neill.

In:

Hopefully a manager who gets this underperforming squad organised and winning and playing well. Michael O''Neill ?

I think the whole window will depend on whether or not we sell Brady and or Klose and given the form of both of them has been underwhelming to say the least I can''t see too many takers. Sacking Neil will cost money as will compensation for the new manager if we are brave and try for someone already in a job.

Neil won''t be going anywhere as long as we''re not flirting with the relegation zone; there''s clearly a long term plan in place here from the board - for better or worse - and it involves Neil.

We need to get rid of dead wood - the utterly useless Andreu; Whittaker; Turner, and Bassong would be the first 4 out the door. Lafferty scored one goal and suddenly he''s the saviour of the club again? Bull. There''s a reason he doesn''t start and that''s because he''s not good enough and doesn''t score goals. Get rid of him and give Oliveira some starts in place of Jerome who''s done little to excite in the last few games.

Canos will go out on loan; he needs what the Murphys got last season - a few months of being a star player in a weaker team to allow him to flourish. Naismith might go if he doesn''t get back into the team. Couldn;t care either way about Mulumbu or Jarvis, neither bring anything spectacular to the team even when they''re not in the treatment room; but nobody is going to want to buy them either so keep them around as cover for injuries I guess.

Coming in, pretty clearly a CB is the no.1 priority, followed by a striker and then probably another CB if we get rid of a couple. LB I don''t think is that big a problem if we keep hold of Olsson - We won''t get enough money for him to be worth selling, so keep him here and bring back Toffolo to challenge him for his place. the rest of the squad is good enough, just need to get them playing properly.

Our squad is littered with players who are either too old, not good enough, happy coasting, permanent sicknotes or a combination of all 4.A lot of them are probably on better wages than they''ll ever get again so they have no incentive to move, not that there will be a queue of clubs wanting to buy them.It will be very difficult to shift anybody who has a contract that goes beyond the end of this season.